R+L=J v. 125

Kat

Perhaps after Rhaenys' birth, and thus after the bedrest period. That would place the attack in early 281 AC.. With the tourney halfway in the year, that puts a few months in between.. Would that be enough time for Arthur to find the smallfolk, petition to the king, and defeat the brotherhood? Possibly... we know that between the defeat of the brotherhood and Jaime receiving his summons to Harrenhal a minimum time of a month passes, but there doesn't have to be much time between Jaime receiving the raven and the actual tourney. It would be enough time for Gerold to have healed enough..

I think this is the most likely scenario. An arrow piercing a hand might require a rather long time to heal. Perhaps Gerold could not hold a sword as good as he used to after that and that is why Ser Arthur took the command.

It should also take a considerable time for Ser Arthur to befriend the small folk and remove the ground of the Kingswood Brotherhood.

But like I said, I think that's Martin's central undoing of the hidden prince trope, in which, typically, once the hidden prince realizes who he is, his identity changes to reflect this new shiny name and lineage. Jon isn't going to chose one blood side over the other. And what is this "accepting his rightful surname"...? Yes, R and L were probably married but as Arya reminds us, "the women are important too." Simply taking the Targ name and neglecting his Stark name and heritage isn't what Jon represents (the great balance). He is not going to become Jon Targaryen anymore than he is going to become Jon Stark; moreover, and he might change what it means to be "Jon Snow." Jon Snow, books 1-5, was a bastard boy of the Night's Watch--but the fully realized Jon Snow who knows who is parents are and has come back from near death is going to realize that it doesn't matter if you're a bastard or true born or a Targ or a Stark when the world is about to end.

If--if--he changes his surname, it won't be picking one over the other.

There is be no changing his surname... GRRM is not writing a fairytale...

Jon Snow is & has always been Ice... All parts Ice, no parts fire... Jon will be revealed to be the story's main antagonist...

Killing Jon Snow may very well be what is required to restore balance...

Jon Snow is & has always been Ice... All parts Ice, no parts fire... Jon will be revealed to be the story's main antagonist...

Snow flakes melt in everyone's hair, except Jon Snow's... What about that says that he is 1/2 fire...

Jon is Ice, Jon is Death... Though Jon does not know this yet...

Bull. He is fire and ice. He is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. He has the blood of the dragon and the blood of winter. He may stay Jon Snow, but he is not ice personified. That's Bran.

Snow flakes melt in everyone's hair, except Jon Snow's... What about that says that he is 1/2 fire...

Jon is Ice, Jon is Death... Though Jon does not know this yet...

Oh please. He also burned his hand. So what does that say about the 1/2 of him that is ice.

It says that he is zero parts fire...

Bullshit.

You're entire crackpot about AAR and Jon's body relies on his blood, which is blood of the dragon and ice.

It says that Jon is affected by natural elements. It says that Jon is human, even though he has special blood.

Since when did we get any evidence that snowflakes don't melt in Jon's hair? That's about the most absurd thing I've ever heard.

Fucking this.

Bull. He is fire and ice. He is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna. He has the blood of the dragon and the blood of winter. He may stay Jon Snow, but he is not ice personified. That's Bran.

If Bran is Ice Personified, then why is it Jon's hair who snowflakes do not melt in?

--

You are correct in that R+L=J, but Jon Snow is about to become separated from the body that R+L made... Jon is about to loose those blood ties (that he doesn't even know about)...

If Bran is Ice Personified, then why is it Jon's hair who snowflakes do not melt in?

--

You are correct in that R+L=J, but Jon Snow is about to become separated from the body that R+L made... Jon is about to loose those blood ties (that he doesn't even know about)...

You do get that being "ice" is symoblic, right? It doesn't mean that you are an actual ice block. Jon is the blood of ice and fire. Bran's ice blood manifests strongly. It doesn't mean being immune to the fucking cold. Or did I misread all the parts where Jon talks about BEING COLD

You do get that being "ice" is symoblic, right? It doesn't mean that you are an actual ice block. Jon is the blood of ice and fire. Bran's ice blood manifests strongly. It doesn't mean being immune to the fucking cold. Or did I misread all the parts where Jon talks about BEING COLD

Let me write that down, so that I will not forget it...

Do you have a point?

Well duh, that's clearly the fire portion of his blood being cold by the lower temperatures relative to his body. However, he's going to be separated from his body, remember? Geez, why are you being so unreasonable? :leaving:

Well duh, that's clearly the fire portion of his blood being cold by the lower temperatures relative to his body. However, he's going to be separated from his body, remember? Geez, why are you being so unreasonable? :leaving:

I sure do hope Hodor has a low enough body temp to handle Icy Jon!

I think 90% of the people here agree that Jon became separated from his body at the end of ADWDs... If you believe that one of the purposes of the ADWDs Prologue was to give the reader the information necessary to understand what would later happen to Jon...

I think 90% of the people here agree that Jon became separated from his body at the end of ADWDs... If you believe that one of the purposes of the ADWDs Prologue was to give the reader the information necessary to understand what would later happen to Jon...

In that Jon is in Ghost at the end of Dance, yes. In that Jon might skinchange a dragon, yes.

Very Good!!!

Probably not... this is where Bran comes in... Bran is the "Winged-Wolf" After all...

i have never disagreed with you that Jon is not in Ghost at the end of Dance. We disagree about what happens afterwards.

And all the flying imagery with Bran is BIRD not DRAGON. Bran also has zero dragon blood. Do we know anyone who does have secret Dragon blood? Oh hi, Jon.

Archived