The Complete Winds of Winter Resource

BryndenBFish

I can see George telling some of the actors that he was close to finishing (perhaps even GRRM confided that he was so close that he'd probably finish the first draft manuscript around when season 5 premieres), and that getting misconstrued here. But I don't want to give myself false hope so I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that!

Notice that this is not getting shot down by any of the mods. I remember back when the 12 days of Westeros was going on Ran quickly said not to expect anything at the end of it.

With the exception of Ran, the mods are not usually in a position to be any better informed on this type or rumour than anyone else. I wish we were, but we're not! So don't read anything into that.

I would say that it's not like GRRM is constantly chatting to the actors on the show or anything: I also don't see any particular reason why he would tell Nikolai the book was finished before fulfilling his pledge to announce it on his blog first. Bear in mind also that although the interview may be recently published, it likely took place some time ago. So I'm strongly sceptical.

With the exception of Ran, the mods are not usually in a position to be any better informed on this type or rumour than anyone else. I wish we were, but we're not! So don't read anything into that.I would say that it's not like GRRM is constantly chatting to the actors on the show or anything: I also don't see any particular reason why he would tell Nikolai the book was finished before fulfilling his pledge to announce it on his blog first. Bear in mind also that although the interview may be recently published, it likely took place some time ago. So I'm strongly sceptical.

Another thing that is possible is that David and Dan know how much of The Winds of Winter George has written. So maybe some of the actors know too and Nikolaj misinterpreted because maybe Winds is almost done, but maybe he heard something that made him thought it was done being written.

I can see George telling some of the actors that he was close to finishing (perhaps even GRRM confided that he was so close that he'd probably finish the first draft manuscript around when season 5 premieres), and that getting misconstrued here. But I don't want to give myself false hope so I'm just going to pretend I didn't read that!

ZOMG, the first time I read this post I missed the "Perhaps" in there and got excited. That teaches me about the ills of getting on this forum before I've had my Red bull. :D

Possible the writer of the article misinterpreted what Nikolaj said, so their article would get noticed too. Nikolaj could have said well I know he is writing one, but the author of the article changed it to written just to make a big deal out of their article.

Possible the writer of the article misinterpreted what Nikolaj said, so their article would get noticed too. Nikolaj could have said well I know he is writing one, but the author of the article changed it to written just to make a big deal out of their article.

That is the most likely explanation. Damn journalists.

George has been mentioning The Winds of Winter in passing on his not a blog quite a lot the past couple entries. Especially his one post how he said how Wild Cards volume 23 is the noisiest deadline of them all, more so than Winds. I find that odd that he feels Wild Cards is more pressing than The Winds of Winter, wonder if that means he feels he is far enough on Winds where he can talk about other projects being more pressing?

Came across this a few weeks ago but failed to shared here: From a NY Post article/interview with GRRM: we might discover Jon Snow's parentage in TWOW but if not in TWOW, definitely in ADOS

Martin is currently at work on the sixth book, “Winds of Winter,” in the planned seven-book epic. But obsessive fans can’t wait to learn how the series concludes, and particularly about the details of hero Jon Snow’s mysterious parentage.

“I’ve not finished ‘The Winds of Winter’ yet, so maybe in that book, but if not then definitely in the next book,” he says of the Snow revelation.

George has been mentioning The Winds of Winter in passing on his not a blog quite a lot the past couple entries. Especially his one post how he said how Wild Cards volume 23 is the noisiest deadline of them all, more so than Winds. I find that odd that he feels Wild Cards is more pressing than The Winds of Winter, wonder if that means he feels he is far enough on Winds where he can talk about other projects being more pressing?

This is not what he said at all and I find it odd that so many people have misinterpreted his comment as such. He said that Wild Cards and TWOW were the two biggest "monkeys on his back". He never implied that Wild Cards was his first priority.

My best guess is that since he collaborates with others on WC, the deadlines might be firmer than the "send us the book whenever it's done, George" system that seems to apply to ASOIAF. :lol:

James Hibberd, writer for Entertainment Weekly, reported to me on twitter that despite persistent rumors, The Winds of Winter is unfinished.

Despite recent rumors to the contrary, I'm told the new book is still unfinished…

James Hibberd has interviewed Martin several times including an interview in June 2014 where Martin revealed information about The Winds of Winter on Tyrion and Daenerys. His most recent story in Entertainment Weekly was a 30-page insider account on Game of Thrones Season 5 in which he spent 240 hours with the cast and crew of the series.

Him saying WoW is unfinished is nothing new. To us, the book is unfinished until Martin says otherwise on his Blog.

Whoever told JH that the book was unfinished could have been anyone, and for all we know, at the time, it could have just be editing stuff that needed done etc, or something more.

Archived