Dragon Age, the Inquisitors Thread - open spoilers inside

The Anti-Targ

I'm playing it, but I need to level up some more because some basic enemies are beating the FUCK out of me. Also SO MANY DAMN FUCKING SPIDERS WTF BIOWARE?

What level? Are you playing it integrated into a main game play through?

To me it looks like the dlc is just another area to explore, i.e. more of the same stuff of which there is already almost too much of in the base game.

Is there anything that sets it apart and comes even close to justifying the price tag?

I just got the DLC, but no idea about level either. So like lvl 22+ to manage? Maybe I should walk out my old Trevellyan archer who I think ended the game at lvl 23 or so. i'm on an extremely slow mage playthrough right now at lvl 14 and it's draaaaaggging. Hate Exalted Plains. HATE.

Is there anything that sets it apart and comes even close to justifying the price tag?

Unfortunately, not really. There's some fun moments with Scout Harding, and you can recruit a bear as an agent, but other that, really just another area. You do get some Tier 4 weapons (although they're fugly as hell), armor, and crafting materials that are pretty awesome. There's some unique gear around that's pretty cool, too.

It is really hard, I think I started the dlc at about level 25 with my Knight Enchanter on Nightmare. I think I probably died as many times through the dlc as I did in the entire main game. One of the fights I'd put up there with the more difficult fights in the DA series in general.

But anyway, unless you're really itching to play some more Inquisition, I'd wait for the price to drop.

Never does with Bioware DLC. Mass effect 2 DLC is still full priced as is ME3 (last time i looked)

Those are bought with Bioware points, though. They dropped that brilliant idea in favour of simple cash transactions for Inquisition, so there's hope a future Origin sale will result in a DLC discount.

I just got the DLC, but no idea about level either. So like lvl 22+ to manage? Maybe I should walk out my old Trevellyan archer who I think ended the game at lvl 23 or so. i'm on an extremely slow mage playthrough right now at lvl 14 and it's draaaaaggging. Hate Exalted Plains. HATE.

Oh, that reminds me I do need to play through the DLC with my other Inky. He's a sword/shield champion and never gets touched hardly lol.

Since I had no interest in the basketball game last night, I decided to set some time aside for the Inquisitor and her pals. Took me about two hours to go through Adamant Fortress and escape the Fade, by then it was 1 AM and time to turn in.

Today, I had a couple hours free before work this afternoon, so I got on to handle some inventory and talk to some companions... next thing I know, I've been wandering around Skyhold for two hours.

And I think that's my most difficult part about playing this game. Adamant Fortress and the Fade were interesting and enjoyable, and then I spend an equal or greater amount of time just wandering. I enjoy the backstory on my companions and I enjoy the way those relationships develop; but between the massive Skyhold and the huge areas with little more than fetch quests to populate them; its difficult to maintain momentum in playing the game.

My intent is to power through it in the next week or so and finish the game up.

• 2 weeks later...

Finished last night. Enjoyable enough, but just can't see myself playing a second time.

If I did, I would want to set up a "No old god baby" scenario. I'd like to see how the Flemeth convo goes without him.

I was pretty bummed that there wasn't much in the way of foreshadowing on Solas IMHO. I also never was clear on his "This isn't how it was supposed to happen" comment on the orb. One final flashback to clear up the Inky's memory where it shows Solas at the explosion scene with the Divine and the orb could have been useful.

:dunno:

I enjoyed reading everyone's speculation in this thread.

I was pretty bummed that there wasn't much in the way of foreshadowing on Solas IMHO. I also never was clear on his "This isn't how it was supposed to happen" comment on the orb. One final flashback to clear up the Inky's memory where it shows Solas at the explosion scene with the Divine and the orb could have been useful.

It's clear from pretty much the start that Solas knows more about some stuff than anyone, particularly he claims authoritative knowledge about elven history that no one can match, and is openly disdainful of Dalish traditions despite clearly caring deeply about the fate of elves in general.

The Nightmare apparently also calls him "trickster", but you have to look up the translation, and I'm sure there's a bunch of smaller hints that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Solas wasn't at Haven when the Breach was created. He was in a nearby village (corroborated by eyewitnesses according to his codex entry), presumably trying to figure out how to get his stuff back. Things had already gone sideways for him at that point as Cory clearly wasn't interested in just unlocking the orb and giving it back.

It's clear from pretty much the start that Solas knows more about some stuff than anyone, particularly he claims authoritative knowledge about elven history that no one can match, and is openly disdainful of Dalish traditions despite clearly caring deeply about the fate of elves in general.

The Nightmare apparently also calls him "trickster", but you have to look up the translation, and I'm sure there's a bunch of smaller hints that I'm forgetting at the moment.

Solas wasn't at Haven when the Breach was created. He was in a nearby village (corroborated by eyewitnesses according to his codex entry), presumably trying to figure out how to get his stuff back. Things had already gone sideways for him at that point as Cory clearly wasn't interested in just unlocking the orb and giving it back.

I dunno. I took him with me to the Temple of Mythal in the Arbor Wilds and I don't recall any special interaction there. :dunno: Seems like a good place for him to make a few comments.

I dunno. I took him with me to the Temple of Mythal in the Arbor Wilds and I don't recall any special interaction there. :dunno: Seems like a good place for him to make a few comments.

Huh? He had plenty to say there, constantly explaining how people think x when in fact it's y and arguing with Morrigan.

Archived