Dragon Age, the Inquisitors Thread - open spoilers inside

The Anti-Targ

Have not read the thread. I did play Emprise de Lion today and found that zone to be the most to my liking. Seemed like even the sidequests tied into the zone's purpose.

Yeah, it's up there with Crestwood as my favorite zone. Everything nicely fits together, albeit you do kinda get sick and tired of Red Templars by the end of it. The three dragon fights are just the icing on the cake.

So much for getting the Deluxe edition than... That had 39 tracks not including the bard songs. Did you mean that this has everything that was put into the game? I am still trying to find the music from the Fall of Haven near the end... That was epic! Also music was in .wav format. Anyone recommend a good freeware wav to mp3 converter?

Update on my mean roque... Solas just absolutely loathes my inquisitor and actually sets up nice for his storyline at the final scene. When I first played through my warrior I was kinda disapointed investing the time with his stories that he just abandons you... Wonder if had the ORB been still working he would have forced your hand when the choices either to keep it for yourself or give it to him...

I wouldnt worry too much about NOT finding those missing tracks. I found the one for the Fall of Haven but its entitled simply "Combat." Just do a youtube search for Dragon Age Inquisition Combat and you can find that one as well as the dragon battle entitled "Visomer" I think. With a good online youtube to mp3 converter you'll have your missing tracks in no time!

It's just the tavern songs, it's only 10and they're mp3. I think it's cool they are giving away the sheet music too.
I got the deluxe edition of the game but I never found any 39 tracks.

The Archdemons could actually be just the imprisoned old Elven gods for all we know, stuck in dragon shape. There's 9 known ones; minus Fen'Harel and Mythal you get seven.

In that case, which are they? My best guesses:

Dumat, the Dragon of Silence = Elgar'nan: God of Vengeance (leader; taught the Magisters blood magic as vengeance?)

Zazikel, the Dragon of Chaos = Andruil: Goddess of the Hunt ("she began to go mad from hunting The Forgotten Ones")

Toth, the Dragon of Fire = Sylaise: the Hearthkeeper ("It is Sylaise who gave us fire")

Andoral, the Dragon of Slaves = Falon'Din: Friend of the Dead ("Falon'Din's vanity and desire for worshippers was so great he started brutal wars to gain more")

Urthemiel, the Dragon of Beauty = Ghilan'nain: Mother of the Halla

Razikale, the Dragon of Mystery = Dirthamen: Keeper of Secrets

Lusacan, the Dragon of Night = June: God of the Craft

Or alternatively:

Andoral, the Dragon of Slaves = Ghilan'nain: Mother of the Halla (the creatures she created being the slaves)

Urthemiel, the Dragon of Beauty = June: God of the Craft (crafting beautiful objects)

Lusacan, the Dragon of Night = Falon'Din (both being associated with owls, and night relating to death)

I ended up with psycho-Leliana as Divine despite opposing her when given the choice. I suspect encouraging Cassandra to rebuild the Seekers was counted as "instead of being Divine"? Or maybe I was just too nice to the mages throughout.

I prefer the idea that the Archdemons aren't the main Elven gods but the other "Forgotten Ones" that Solas also locked away

Could be, but it seems odd that Mythal would go to such lengths to rescue the soul of Urthemiel if it was an ancient enemy rather than a former friend and colleague. I think it's more likely that the Forgotten Ones will be a major threat in the future. Perhaps the Black City is their prison, and it wasn't actually Dumat who convinced the Magisters to breach it? The Old Gods could have gone to sleep long before then, and unaware of the deception perpetrated against the Magisters. That would make the Blight an attack aimed specifically at the Old Gods, the only power capable of opposing the Forgotten Ones when they re-emerge...

Could be, but it seems odd that Mythal would go to such lengths to rescue the soul of Urthemiel if it was an ancient enemy rather than a former friend and colleague.

For some reason I never thought of it as rescuing Old Gods' soul rather Flemeth/Mythal seeing an opportunity to steal their power/soul similar to how Solas seems to be going through a power up by taking Mythal's soul(s)

So we have 2 Blights to go, potentially. Do you think we might fast forward a century or two for the 6th Blight at some point? How cool (or not) would it be if the 6th Blight took place in, say, a world war 1 type era, when technology is finally starting to challenge magic as a potent means of projecting power? By my reckoning if mages aren't kept on a leash, societies not dominated by mages will be forced into accelerated scientific discovery as a means to use Lyrium (perhaps) to counter mage threats (from Tevinter and other sientifically repressed mage dominant societies, and a resurgent Elvish magic based culture) without going the Templar route and making masses of soldiers lyrium addicts. It would be a bit Legend of Korra-esque with magic and technology competing for supremacy over society

The 7th Blight: Lyrium equivalent of nuclear weapons, bombing Thedas into a nuclear winter and back to the stone age, or at least the iron age. Then Dragon Age 8: A New Beginning starts with Luke Spiritwalker scavenging for pre-apocalyptic bits of technology in a desert landscape hoping to find something useful to help his uncle's struggling farm. Sounds like a pretty original story.

In that case, which are they? My best guesses:

Dumat, the Dragon of Silence = Elgar'nan: God of Vengeance (leader; taught the Magisters blood magic as vengeance?)

Zazikel, the Dragon of Chaos = Andruil: Goddess of the Hunt ("she began to go mad from hunting The Forgotten Ones")

Toth, the Dragon of Fire = Sylaise: the Hearthkeeper ("It is Sylaise who gave us fire")

Andoral, the Dragon of Slaves = Falon'Din: Friend of the Dead ("Falon'Din's vanity and desire for worshippers was so great he started brutal wars to gain more")

Urthemiel, the Dragon of Beauty = Ghilan'nain: Mother of the Halla

Razikale, the Dragon of Mystery = Dirthamen: Keeper of Secrets

Lusacan, the Dragon of Night = June: God of the Craft

Or alternatively:

Andoral, the Dragon of Slaves = Ghilan'nain: Mother of the Halla (the creatures she created being the slaves)

Urthemiel, the Dragon of Beauty = June: God of the Craft (crafting beautiful objects)

Lusacan, the Dragon of Night = Falon'Din (both being associated with owls, and night relating to death)

In the Astrarium codex entries, which often mention the possibility of the Tevinter version just being supplanted elven interpretations, Lusacan and Falon'Din are indeed mentioned together.

The one for Silentir/Dumat also speculates that this might have originally been a depiction of Mythal. Of course that kind of ruins my idea of 7 gods plus 2.

On the other hand it re-opens the door for the idea that Andraste might have been born of the same ritual as Kieran, since her birth was right around the death of Dumat. And after Andraste/Mythal was betrayed (again!) she sought out Flemeth.

However, that would mean that one of the other elven gods is unaccounted for.

I ended up with psycho-Leliana as Divine despite opposing her when given the choice. I suspect encouraging Cassandra to rebuild the Seekers was counted as "instead of being Divine"? Or maybe I was just too nice to the mages throughout.

Possibly the latter. Though according to the wiki there's also a bug where Leliana will gain "election points" for choices where she is supposed to lose them.

So we have 2 Blights to go, potentially. Do you think we might fast forward a century or two for the 6th Blight at some point?

Not as long as the series is called "Dragon Age", as that only refers to a single century in Thedosian history.

I'll also repeat myself: Blights are boring. Finding out what's behind them is interesting.

On the other hand, the reaction of the more, ah, excitable part of the Bioware fandom would be funny.

Not as long as the series is called "Dragon Age", as that only refers to a single century in Thedosian history.

I'll also repeat myself: Blights are boring. Finding out what's behind them is interesting.

On the other hand, the reaction of the more, ah, excitable part of the Bioware fandom would be funny.

The last Old God decides to become an underwater dragon known as a "Leviathan" and successfully enslaves all of Thedas through telepathy, and after a millennium or two branches out to enslave developed race elsewhere in the galaxy. And then develops an AI to preserve the perfect balance among the enslaved civilised beings in the galaxy. Sounds like an original story I could pitch to someone.

What do you all think of the possibility that Solas/Flemeth could become something like Anders/Justice? I mean, it does have some similarities, though obviously neither Solas nor Flemeth is a Fade Spirit. I like Solas too much for him to become an enemy later on(I am in camp that Solas took Flemeths soul, though I view it as a more symbiotic relationship... which has the face and manners of Solas). They are both very driven to their goals, which amount to restoring the world to the state it was in around 2000 years ago and possibly the return of the elves of old, and they might become too driven given their personalities.

Flemeth technically already was what Anders became: an abomination. It's just that Mythal is a much more complex entity than Justice or Vengeance (or any run-of-the-mill demon) and as such she isn't as single-minded in the pursuit of her goals.

Flemeth technically already was what Anders became: an abomination. It's just that Mythal is a much more complex entity than Justice or Vengeance (or any run-of-the-mill demon) and as such she isn't as single-minded in the pursuit of her goals.

I know, that's why I said it would be a more symbiotic relationship... but too many of them at once, all striving for the same end goal...

I don't think they are working for the same goal. Solas wants to help "the people", Mythal wants revenge ("a reckoning that will shake the very heavens"). At most I see them having the same goal for now, with a falling out waiting to happen down the line.

Two more blights won't equate to two more games but I wouldn't put it past BIOWARE and EA to follow the greed and make more money off of us lol...

If they are smart they would think about wrapping up the story behind the blights... Maybe have two Old Gods creating two different blights pop up at the same time than finding out midcourse the game that both are interconnected into something far more dangerous than ever before???

In the Astrarium codex entries, which often mention the possibility of the Tevinter version just being supplanted elven interpretations, Lusacan and Falon'Din are indeed mentioned together.

The one for Silentir/Dumat also speculates that this might have originally been a depiction of Mythal. Of course that kind of ruins my idea of 7 gods plus 2.

On the other hand it re-opens the door for the idea that Andraste might have been born of the same ritual as Kieran, since her birth was right around the death of Dumat. And after Andraste/Mythal was betrayed (again!) she sought out Flemeth.

However, that would mean that one of the other elven gods is unaccounted for.

Possibly the latter. Though according to the wiki there's also a bug where Leliana will gain "election points" for choices where she is supposed to lose them.

How cool (or not) would it be if the 6th Blight took place in, say, a world war 1 type era, when technology is finally starting to challenge magic as a potent means of projecting power?

It would be interesting to see a future Thedas; and the Qunari appear to already be making significant technological progress. But I suspect we'll see the Blights resolved during the lifespans of the current major characters, one way or another. Maybe a Lyrium Age sequel series at some point?

Flemeth technically already was what Anders became: an abomination.

That depends on what Mythal actually is; we don't know she's any kind of spirit.

If they are smart they would think about wrapping up the story behind the blights... Maybe have two Old Gods creating two different blights pop up at the same time than finding out midcourse the game that both are interconnected into something far more dangerous than ever before???

Yes, if there's another Blight-based game I'd bet on a double-Blight, though I think rescuing the remaining Old Gods before they get tainted by the darkspawn is more likely.

That depends on what Mythal actually is; we don't know she's any kind of spirit.

Whatever she was before, she's spirit now, however you want to define spirit. In an agnostic sense Mythal's consciousness transferred out of body by some unexplained means.

Archived