Season 5 Trailer Released

Westeros

Yeah, I'm going to take the new trailer using the half full idea - I don't mind D&D giving us their interpretation to GRRM's story (and yeah it means deleting some storylines/characters) as long as its good.

I'm actually hoping this year will be a backstory (plus a lot of fighting and sex of course) year given we will be:

- in Dorne Doran Martell may have a few stories to tell Jaime, including Rheagar, Lyanna and Elia.

- in Cersei's head (Maggy the Frog) and wanting to be Queen

- in the Free Cities with Varys and Tyrion (Varys filling Tyrion in on old grudges and vengence and maybe even the reign of the Mad King)

- at the Wall with a dying Aemon and Mel's fires. Plus Jon and Stannis.

- throughout the Vale with Sansa and LF (and we will meet many of the Tully and Arryn bannermen)

- Barristan filling Dany in on some Targ history (which I always thought was a BIG let down in the books). Dany doesn't seem interested in her father's reign given she has an actual living person who can tell her a lot about her mother and father standing right beside her. If I were her, I'd be asking Barristan every question I could think of about the only family I never knew.

Trystane is going to be Aegon in the show and he will already be in Dorne which is why there was no need for Arianne. Varys simply brought the fake aegon to his "uncle" Doran in Dorne to raise among royalty in an isolated kingdom where his identity can be a secret. He is actually however Ilyrios son but they told Doran it was his nephew. The showrunners said this season would see a lot of the jetpack of characters going from one side of the world to the other and also that a character we all know from past seasons will go to dorne but it is a secret (not jaime or bron) I think this will be Varys. They aged up Trystane in the show to be the same age as Jon and Dany. If you believe Jon is 18 lol. They hired an actor that doesnt look very much like Doran but looks similiar to Jon or Dany. Maybe in the show he wont even know he is really Aegon and it will be revealed to him during the season.

Jaime is going to try to get Myrcella back to Kingslanding and i think maybe Bronn will get the axe from Hotah. Afterall there aren't that many deaths this season. Brienne seems to be going back to the riverlands after she is rejected by Sansa. This sets up a LSH or BWB capture. I think Jon will go to Hardhome and fight off an army of wights to protect the wildlings and out of fear and no wanting to die for wildlings i think he will be betrayed by some of the brothers not Alliser Thorne. Then his body will be taken by a white walker the same way as crasters baby was.

Seems a bit pessimistic given that GRRM really seems to be putting his foot down and 2015 was previously a possibility, making me think that early 2016 is most likely, especially as if he gets it out by April 2016 then season 6 will not be spoiled. (I'm not intending to watch season 6 until book 6 comes out.)

Won't be to 2017, takes time to not only write but to refine it to the forensically detailed ASOIF standards

Then on top of that it will take heaps of time to edit etc

What will be useful is that there hopefully will be enough unpublished chapters written by then at least for D&D to read and draw on

I'm hoping they will introduce Euron and/or Victarion in the end of season 5 as some sort of cliffhanger for season 6. Maybe Balon will die in the later episodes and his brother will appear to build up anticipation for the Kingsmoot for the next season or something like that. There are a few actors for season five that play characters that are yet to be announced, so there is still hope.

Balon is already dead on the show.....

In a very "blink and you missed it" moment, it is referenced that Balon was the first of the 5 Kings to die, and that his death was via Drowning when all the little midgets are doing their "re-enactment" at the Purple Wedding.

Somewhat hilarious that this is mentioned at absolutely no other point in the show. Only about 100 points where someone could more directly mention that Balon bit the dust, as a throw away line. Stannis/Mel, as proof of teh blood leaches, a quick sentence at a small council meeting, any Roose/Ramsey scene, @ Moat Cailin, a messenger for "yara"...

Can someone recognise the voice who says: "take their gold, knock down the statue and this is all that's left". Is that Selmy? It would make sense considering we actually see them knocking down the statue of the Harpy. That would also spoil us how Dany is going to deal with the masters: she's taking their wealth away. Something she failed to do in the books.

Can someone recognise the voice who says: "take their gold, knock down the statue and this is all that's left". Is that Selmy? It would make sense considering we actually see them knocking down the statue of the Harpy. That would also spoil us how Dany is going to deal with the masters: she's taking their wealth away. Something she failed to do in the books.

Its the High Sparrow.

That's the high sparrow played by Jonathan Pryce.

There's a rumor he will fulfill some of the "uncles" roles and then be killed.

It think that in a couple of months we will know if this is true. I don't see them introducing the other relatives after this season. I'll be too late. Besides, there was no reason for Balon to die really. Replacing Euron/Victarion with Balon isn't that hard and doesn't screw things up really (only the melisandre blood of the king magic trick)

Balon is already dead on the show.....

In a very "blink and you missed it" moment, it is referenced that Balon was the first of the 5 Kings to die, and that his death was via Drowning when all the little midgets are doing their "re-enactment" at the Purple Wedding.

Somewhat hilarious that this is mentioned at absolutely no other point in the show. Only about 100 points where someone could more directly mention that Balon bit the dust, as a throw away line. Stannis/Mel, as proof of teh blood leaches, a quick sentence at a small council meeting, any Roose/Ramsey scene, @ Moat Cailin, a messenger for "yara"...

I really hope your joking, because in no way was that meant to be a reference to him being dead. Maybe foreshadowing, but he's alive until someone says anything. And the fact that he was seen in episode 10 of Series 3 debunks your theory of him being the first "king" to die.

It was clearly a joke at his expense.

The trailer got me pretty pumped for the new season, enjoyed the Bowie Heroes cover. I understand why they've decided to streamline FFC and DWD as they were bloated with characters that in the long run probably won't matter. I won't miss Aegon if he's not included, figure the Dornish will just march north and instead of Aegon taking Storms End it'll be Myrcella. I will miss Victarion and Euron, but D&D know the ending so they'd be the first to know whether or not they can be cut. Big question - Will Yara (Asha) have a role, and if so get captured by Stannis? I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the absence of Taena Merriweather - 100% unnecessary but would love to see those night scenes with Cersei. I really wanted to see Genna Lannister with Jaime but again, probably not essential. What I'm most excited for is the Boltons in Winterfell, though haven't heard anything about fake Arya being casted yet. Lots of questions, but I look forward to seeing them be answered in the season ahead.

Won't be to 2017, takes time to not only write but to refine it to the forensically detailed ASOIF standards

Then on top of that it will take heaps of time to edit etc

What will be useful is that there hopefully will be enough unpublished chapters written by then at least for D&D to read and draw on

I'm under the impression GRRM is including editing etc in what he's working on now and when he announces it as being released that will have all been done.

Also he has stated that he hoped to finish it much faster than the previous book. 2017 isn't any faster at all.

Archived