Anonymous v ISIS

Fragile Bird

We will hunt you, take down your sites, accounts, emails, and expose you…
From now on, no safe place for you online…
You will be treated like a virus, and we are the cure…
We own the internet…
We are Anonymous; we are Legion; we do not forgive, we do not forget, Expect us.

Remember some time ago, Anonymous said they would target ISIS? They have now released a video announcing they have taken down ISIS recruiting sites on Twitter and Facebook, providing a list of sites. http://anonhq.com/anonymous-hacktivists-strike-blow-isis/

Think this will help? I think it's fantastic.

[sCENE: ISIS HQ Bunker, somewhere in Sykes-Picot. A meeting is on.]

BAGHDADI: ...so I don't think we will be following that advice: our oil output is too big and my arse is too small. Anything else?

ISIS COMMANDER: My Caliph, the news from the capital is grim. The Crusader-Safavid alliance draws closer and a long siege looms-

A DIFFERENT ISIS COMMANDER: Your Caliphness, the atheist Kurds sweep out from Kobani, our loyal brothers weep for their losses and unrest grows in the ranks-

BAGHDADI: Anyone got some good news for your Caliph? Brighten up my day a little?

ANOTHER ISIS COMMANDER: uh, well the strategic withdrawal from all of Northwest Syria isn't going too bad? Sure we're abandoning major strongholds to the apostates and Nusra-

COMMANDERS: Splitters!

THE COMMANDER FROM BEFORE: indeed, uh but the reserves should be freed up within weeks for our secret plan to-

[Loud footsteps and panting are heard. Enter MESSENGER]

MESSENGER: O, my Caliph! Brothers! A catastrophe-

BAGHDADI: Did you not read the memo? The word is 'catastro-tunity'.

MESSENGER: Forgive me, your Rolex-ness, but we are undone! Hordes of scr1ptkiddies DDoS our BBSs, and woe, our twitter fanbois are doxxed. All crumbles before the mighty LOIC!

BAGHDADI: øh n0es!

COMMANDERS: Everybody panic!

[END SCENE]

Hey, we do things we can do. Their talents are in hacking. Disrupting ISIS' connections to the world seems pretty good.

That's less clear cut than it sounds. Many intelligence analysts argue that having ISIS's online community out in the open is more useful for information gathering and analysis than were it to be driven underground.

Regardless, horn-blowing doofuses like the people who call themselves Anonymous do not bother with questions like this. They're in it to feel like heroes and once they've declared victory over some message boards and exposed some basement-dwelling cyberjihadis it'll be on to something else.

[sCENE: ISIS HQ Bunker, somewhere in Sykes-Picot. A meeting is on.]

BAGHDADI: ...so I don't think we will be following that advice: our oil output is too big and my arse is too small. Anything else?

ISIS COMMANDER: My Caliph, the news from the capital is grim. The Crusader-Safavid alliance draws closer and a long siege looms-

A DIFFERENT ISIS COMMANDER: Your Caliphness, the atheist Kurds sweep out from Kobani, our loyal brothers weep for their losses and unrest grows in the ranks-

BAGHDADI: Anyone got some good news for your Caliph? Brighten up my day a little?

ANOTHER ISIS COMMANDER: uh, well the strategic withdrawal from all of Northwest Syria isn't going too bad? Sure we're abandoning major strongholds to the apostates and Nusra-

COMMANDERS: Splitters!

THE COMMANDER FROM BEFORE: indeed, uh but the reserves should be freed up within weeks for our secret plan to-

[Loud footsteps and panting are heard. Enter MESSENGER]

MESSENGER: O, my Caliph! Brothers! A catastrophe-

BAGHDADI: Did you not read the memo? The word is 'catastro-tunity'.

MESSENGER: Forgive me, your Rolex-ness, but we are undone! Hordes of scr1ptkiddies DDoS our BBSs, and woe, our twitter fanbois are doxxed. All crumbles before the mighty LOIC!

BAGHDADI: øh n0es!

COMMANDERS: Everybody panic!

[END SCENE]

Hah, I love it. "Catastro-tunity" was especially nice.

Edit: I'm gonna use that at the next management meeting in at.

That's less clear cut than it sounds. Many intelligence analysts argue that having ISIS's online community out in the open is more useful for information gathering and analysis than were it to be driven underground.

Regardless, horn-blowing doofuses like the people who call themselves Anonymous do not bother with questions like this. They're in it to feel like heroes and once they've declared victory over some message boards and exposed some basement-dwelling cyberjihadis it'll be on to something else.

Well, I asked for opinions. :)

I hope you're wrong.

*although its hard to blame the french. Running, surrendering, and hiding is all they know.

Hey, take your stereotypical xenophobia and French-hating and shove it up your nostrils.

I don’t understand what Anonymous are claiming that they want to be trying to succeed doing. Hacking Twitter accounts?

Good for Anonymous’s publicity, and a welcome outlet for internet warriors everywhere to feel important. But I don’t have the faintest idea what this should accomplish. (I am open to suggestions.)

Oh, and they this did this already back in June:

While it's known the Iranian Quds Force is aiding the Iraqi army and American armed drones currently patrol the skies above Baghdad, the list entities fighting the Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS) in Iraq just got a virtual addition. In a YouTube video message, an Anonymous splinter group called The Anonymous Message sets out the reasoning behind "Operation NO2ISIS," a hacking campaign targeting the cyber infrastructure of states sponsoring IS militants.

I don’t understand what Anonymous are claiming that they want to be trying to succeed doing. Hacking Twitter accounts?

Good for Anonymous’s publicity, and a welcome outlet for internet warriors everywhere to feel important. But I don’t have the faintest idea what this should accomplish. (I am open to suggestions.)

The accomplishment is to feel like hero-warriors fighting for a Just Cause, I suppose. Besides, the steam has sort of gone out of Gamregate, there's only so much 4Chan trolling you can do and of watching leaked naked pix of Jennifer Lawrence must have finally got a bit old.

Nope I am a simple man who is literate and has seen a history book

Sounds about right. Next step would be to open that book and read it and try and learn something rather than resort to simple-minded jingoistic twaddle. God damn, it's not even a fresh joke.

Archived