The best names.

For me the all round best is Ashara Dayne, very powerful and mysterious name. Daenerys Stormborn come close (and I'm not a particular fan of Dany, I have to say).

Some other first names that I like:

Melisandre, quite exotic and sensual (I read it in my mind with a slight French accent)

Cersei, I find it quite a nice name, simple but beautiful.

Greatjon, simple and strong. Same for Sandor.

Some family names that I like:

Baratheon, Targaryen, Hightower - pure power

I also like Dondarrion and Clegane

Pretty much all the Targaryen names, especially Aemon, Daenerys, Viserys, Rhaegar, Jaehaerys, and Targaryen in itself. (Wait I just realised the textbox informed me when I misspelled Jaehaerys' name and apparently does so with all the other names as well with the exception of Aemon...? there's a secret Targ loyalist hidden amongst us.) Also, Oberyn, Arianne and Doran. Myrcella, Lyanna, Margaery, Melisandre, Brienne, Catelyn... Tyrion, Tywin, Stannis, Davos. I feel like I could list all of the names simply because I've grown so fond of the characters in question.

Maekar has one of the best sounding names in my opinion assuming my pronunciation of it as MY-KAR is correct.

Durrandon sounds like a family of very powerful individuals.

Speaking of which I like the EN sound that most of the Stormland houses have. Baratheon, Morrigen, Durrandon, Wensington, Connington, Kellington, Dondarrion, Mertyns, Cafferen, Grandison, Herston and Caron

Also Mance Rayder.

Are you certain English is not your primary language??? *grin*

Sí, muy segura :(

Stormlanders have the best names

Stannis Baratheon, Robert Baratheon, Rolland Storm, Edric Storm, Andrew Estermont, Beric Dondarrion, Balon Swann etc.

Connington...

(why people always forget Griff? Is my marketing campaign not aggressive enough?)

Barristan: say it out loud. It sounds awesome.

Theon: Greek for god. 'Nuff said.

Stannis Baratheon: see Rawhead's post.

Robert Baratheon: has the same last name as Stannis. Also, I just like the name Robert. I don't really know why.

Dickon Manwoody: obviously the best name.

Rolland Storm: kidding, this is the best name. Or at least second best. I mean god, it just oozes pure badass. Rolland is cool enough. Rolland Storm is just too much; it's simply unfair to everyone else in this contest. Rolland Storm. I get shivers just typing it. He sounds like a hardcore brutal motherfucker. Which he is.

"Storm" is a very cool name. The Stormlands bastards are cool, too. Damn, Ronald Storm stood up in the middle of a dinner of the golden Company and told Jon to his face that his father was going to kill him. Like, that's not going to happen ever, but it's pretty cool nevertheless... TwT

Archived