Ukraine 16: We love you Vald! We really, really do!

Ser Scot A Ellison

Arakan,

Will Russia ever pull its military out of Crimea to allow what you advocate?

Well I do not work in the foreign ministry but I would guess that Putin is keen to legitimize his fait accompli. The point is: no one in the West is pushing for this solution. Why not?

SSA, you are a reasonable guy albeit a little bit stick in the past. Please tell me: why was it ok for Slovenia and Croatia to unilaterally declare independence in 1991 (which caused the break up of a state a 100 times the civilisatory level of Ukraine today)? I believe in the original American spirit (represented by people like FNR) of 1776. I believe in Wilson, I believe in Lincoln and FDR. But I do not believe in the honesty of American foreign policy post 1945.

Russia is not my enemy. The world is not black or white even though Someone like Elizabeth thinks so.

Tell me SSA, is it ok for someone like Shryke to ridicule other posters just because they have a different opinion? How can we have a serious discussion when some users just want to ridicule other opinions? This does explicitly not include you. FNR, BBE, Fixit or myself are repeatedly attacked on a personal level? Is this the culture of Westeros.org?

Tell me SSA, is it ok for someone like Shryke to ridicule other posters just because they have a different opinion? How can we have a serious discussion when some users just want to ridicule other opinions? This does explicitly not include you. FNR, BBE, Fixit or myself are repeatedly attacked on a personal level? Is this the culture of Westeros.org?

Arakan,

Maybe you would be best suited to answer this question since you so blatantly attacked me on a personal level after I took issue with your argument in the previous thread. Oh the irony..

Arakan,

Maybe you would be best suited to answer this question since you so blatantly attacked me on a personal level after I took issue with your argument in the previous thread. Oh the irony..

You compared a potential independence of a country which already was independent at the time of Charlemagne with independence of your backyard garden.

This derailing is.. just wow.

Arakan, if you want to flirt with ser Scot,

or talk about the presidents of the USA, start a new thread.

I am sorry that you cant see the hollistic picture. Whatever.

Last question for you: would you accept a referendum wrt Crimean independence under full UN/OSCE control and supervision?

Shryke you are not as smart as you think you are :). But keep on attacking users on a personal level just because they have a different opinion. I like it :)

I didn't attack anyone on a personal level, I pointed out the argument was stupid. Which it is.

But please, do keep the personal attacks up yourself. Your whole facade has been slipping lately.

That is not the point. The point is that some Users here a opposed to a democratic decision in Crimea even if Ghandi, Martin Luther King and Mother Teresa would supervise it.

Oh really? Whom? Do tell.

Well I do not work in the foreign ministry but I would guess that Putin is keen to legitimize his fait accompli. The point is: no one in the West is pushing for this solution. Why not?

Because Russia won't and we all know it. Russia annexed Crimea and everyone has basically decided that it's not going to give it back, so we're all just gonna have to accept it.

I didn't attack anyone on a personal level, I pointed out the argument was stupid. Which it is.

But please, do keep the personal attacks up yourself. Your whole facade has been slipping lately.

Facade? Who do you think I am? Fantomas?

Because Russia won't and we all know it. Russia annexed Crimea and everyone has basically decided that it's not going to give it back, so we're all just gonna have to accept it.

So you say that the majority of Crimeans are now part of the Russian Federation against their will? Is this correct? Just a question :)

Arakan,

No, we're saying Russia invaded, conqured, and annexed Crimea as though the Tsar were back in power and the desires of the people in Crimea (particularly the Crimean Tartars) no longer seem terribly relevant.

So, shouldn't somebody ask the people in Crimea for their desires?

So you say that the majority of Crimeans are now part of the Russian Federation against their will? Is this correct? Just a question :)

What's your proof they aren't? Why is a majority enough? Do 50% -1 of Crimeans not get a say in having their land forcibly annexed?

Archived