Poldark [SPOILERS first season]

Veltigar

So, the penultimate episode was rather good. One thing I didn't understand though, Mark had been hiding in Ross's fathers old mine? And there was copper there? Which mine are they talking about?

I was confused by that as well; he definitely did say he was hiding out in a few different places and noticed there was copper in one of the unused mines but I'm not sure which one. Obviously, after the bad news of last episode there better be a little bit of good news with them checking out that other mine. Too bad they have no money atm and it's basically just Ross by himself again.

The preview for next episode looked pretty intense as well!!! Look forward to it.

Demelza and Ross having their first proper falling out :( :(

Is it too much to hope that Francis becomes shamed and shunned in town, with no one to rely on and since he's uneducated in the ways of making money, he falls to even greater ruin?

Then goes mad and smacks stupid George's stupid, smackable face off?

Then goes mad and smacks stupid George's stupid, smackable face off?

If only! Why do these people keep getting loans from George's bank? And how is it every good business practice to routinely ruin every person who banks with you? Screw the law, run these assholes out of town.

But seriously, the villains on this show are becoming a bit too villainy. One of them needs to go down and down hard because I will not stand for Verity, Demelza, Ross or Prudie being sad.

Oh, Prudie! She better come back. Maybe she'll buy her husband back into Ross' good graces by spying on the enemies and bringing info that will deliver the death blow.

I really like George lol - he's way more interesting than Francis and actually with the hints that he might be in love with Elizabeth too so that's why he's manipulating Francis and playing him like a puppet makes him a lot more interesting to me. Francis can seriously just die. Lol. I know that sounds horrid but HE IS horrid goddamnit.

I really like George lol - he's way more interesting than Francis and actually with the hints that he might be in love with Elizabeth too so that's why he's manipulating Francis and playing him like a puppet makes him a lot more interesting to me. Francis can seriously just die. Lol. I know that sounds horrid but HE IS horrid goddamnit.

But his face though, I don't know why, but I want to punch it.

Yeah, Francis is probably worse because he's ruining people's lives without even meaning to. He's not trying to shut down mines, he just can't stop gambling. He's not trying to send people to debtor's prison, he just wants Ross to know he hurts his feelings. Basically, Francis is a toddler who doesn't deserve to be treated with any sort of respect. I hate him. But I hate George and his capitalism, too. Maybe Elizabeth will get him all hot and bothered and make him change his business practices.

I'm a bit afraid for Verity. They have some problems with wife killers on this show. Francis is so wrong all the time, it would be just Verity's luck for Francis to be right about the wife-beating captain.

I prefer George to Francis. At least Georgie is competent and I do respect the fact that he rose from a far less priviliged position than those noble fools around him.

Yeah, Francis is probably worse because he's ruining people's lives without even meaning to. He's not trying to shut down mines, he just can't stop gambling. He's not trying to send people to debtor's prison, he just wants Ross to know he hurts his feelings. Basically, Francis is a toddler who doesn't deserve to be treated with any sort of respect. I hate him. But I hate George and his capitalism, too. Maybe Elizabeth will get him all hot and bothered and make him change his business practices.

Francis fucks me off; he's just so bloody PETULANT.

I prefer George to Francis. At least Georgie is competent and I do respect the fact that he rose from a far less priviliged position than those noble fools around him.

Yeah; he's a sneaky manipulative viper but I kinda respect and like him all the same. He's more of a match for Ross than fckin Francis.

I'm a bit afraid for Verity. They have some problems with wife killers on this show. Francis is so wrong all the time, it would be just Verity's luck for Francis to be right about the wife-beating captain.

oh no that would be horrible :( especially as i've been proper cheering on their pairing as i just want verity to be happy she's so sweet

Anyone else sort of like Karen? I mean....yeah she chased that doctor when she was married and shouldn't have but the actress was kind of fascinating to look at lol and i was sad when she died

I did, I liked the way she revelled in her brazenness. I didn't expect him to kill her like that.

I did, I liked the way she revelled in her brazenness. I didn't expect him to kill her like that.

same; she was proper bewitching to be honest, i really liked how obviously she oozed sexuality.

yeah, the cracking of her neck/back??? breaking was horrific. :(

Archived