Small things that annoy you ?

TheLightning Lord

1. You'd also be wrong because Ned's decisions in KL were his own. What I'm referring to is when Robb made a decision that Catelyn specifically warned him against and it lost him the North. That is not comparable to Ned's time in KL.

2. That is not Cat's purpose at all. I provided you a link that shows GRRM's intent. It's your opinion that Cat's purpose is the ruin everything, and it's a wrong opinion.

3. You are going to have to provide quote to prove that Catelyn thinks everyone is an idiot, and you'll have to back up these times she "suggests" it. I'm game if you are.

4. She shows a large amount of guilt over many things, including releasing Jaime. She was ready to face whatever punishment Robb wanted for her, which btw, he forgave her so there's that.

1- Reread her first chapters, all she does is to complain about Winterfell weather(and how it was nicer where she lived before marriage), complains about Winterfel gods, complain about....about everything and as soon as she heard the possibility of leaving that gloomy place she is all "yes Ned accept it", too bad Ned obliged her to stay at Winterfell

2-She decided to take a journey that leads to the start of the war, should i remember you she kidnapped someone without a real prove, just because of stupid suspects and few gossip of LF? And that someone is the son of one of the most dangerous men around there( i hope she knew it since she is oh so wise and smart)

3- You want me to quote a line where Catelyn say "i'm better that you"?(or you should quote her being modest?) Just take a random Cat chapter, you'll find all her "idiots" and "poor" you want. Also you'll find all her "i'm wise" "I'm the perfect daughter" etcetc you want

4- She knew he would forgave her, she knows her son, as i said she knew her son would accept everything she does, because he's still a teenager boy and she's the mum.

Btw, i'm not the only one who accept the fact that Catelyn purpose was to pull the trigger of the war, i don't understand why you are denying it, without her stupid decisions there were not 5 books. So i'm grateful, also i think the red wedding chapter will be my favourite one.

1- Reread her first chapters, all she does is to complain about Winterfell weather(and how it was nicer where she lived before marriage), complains about Winterfel gods, complain about....about everything and as soon as she heard the possibility of leaving that gloomy place she is all "yes Ned accept it", too bad Ned obliged her to stay at Winterfell

2-She decided to take a journey that leads to the start of the war, should i remember you she kidnapped someone without a real prove, just because of stupid suspects and few gossip of LF? And that someone is the son of one of the most dangerous men around there( i hope she knew it since she is oh so wise and smart)

3- You want me to quote a line where Catelyn say "i'm better that you"?(or you should quote her being modest?) Just take a random Cat chapter, you'll find all her "idiots" and "poor" you want. Also you'll find all her "i'm wise" "I'm the perfect daughter" etcetc you want

4- She knew he would forgave her, she knows her son, as i said she knew her son would accept everything she does, because he's still a teenager boy and she's the mum.

Btw, i'm not the only one who accept the fact that Catelyn purpose was to pull the trigger of the war, i don't understand why you are denying it, without her stupid decisions there were not 5 books. So i'm grateful, also i think the red wedding chapter will be my favourite one.

Word!

1. Check my signature. I know that chapter by heart and I know that your interpretation is childishly stupid. Catelyn's reflections of the north are theme in her arc, not an indication that she's an arrogant religious bigot. Give me one quote where she dismisses the old gods or the northerners. She was not raised there, of course she's going to find another culture strange. The north and south are basically different countries. For every quote you think shows her being uncomfortable in Winterfell, I can give you ten more that connect her with the North. Also, she had not planned on going to KL. She knew she would stay at Winterfell.

2. I've gone over this many times before with the uninformed, and I'm tired of it. Read this. It's much better than anything you have to say.

3. Yes, I do, because all you've done so far is spout shit that you clearly have no idea about.

4. And a son could still punish a mother, especially a son of Eddard. She did not think she was immune from him.

5. You can't be serious with this last part. It shows such terrible ignorance of the author, the story, the war, the factions behind the war, and well, basic facts. Without her, there would be no northern army past the first book. Without her Robb would not have been nearly as successful as he was. Without her, GRRM does not have the passion and heart of the books that he wanted to instill in his readers. If you think GRRM created her just to be a chaos force it's clear you don't understand him and his writing. Maybe try some research.

So tywin would of risk the death of his son?

A lot of the main players at the end of the first world war should share some portion of the blame for the second.its a commonly held view that the seeds of that war were sown at the end of ww1 but to be honest I don't really want to get into real life important stuff to much.meaning no offence.

So tywin would of risk the death of his son?

He did time and time again. Quoting mormont:

But anyway, for all of Jaime's supposed value as a hostage, can anyone point to any effect Jaime's captivity actually had on Tywin's tactics? How did it restrain him? How did it weaken him? What did he do, or not do, because Jaime was being held by the Starks? Tywin doesn't try to free Jaime, he doesn't try to trade for him, he doesn't restrain his prosecution of the war in any way for fear of harm coming to Jaime. So what value did continuing to hold Jaime actually have? Some symbolic value, perhaps. But little practical value, surely.

Nuncle

Dorne

Kessaz Zuraq Pizazz Razamattaz… and the perfumed senschal (had a real hard time picturing all these different characters because of the naming convention)

Brienne's yawn-inducing travels through Crackclaw Point with Nimble Dick. HURRY UP!

She's not complaining. She's describing and comparing south with north, as the author intended. She's the odd one in the North, the wife that came from the South to adapt. She has lived half her life in Riverrun, half her life as the wife of a Northern man. Comparisons will always be brought in, and she was meant to introduce us to those differences, as she has lived in both worlds.

Tower of the Hand has an essay that makes a point I like about this: Catelyn is our eyes into this fantasy world. She's the one that introduces us to the Godswood and the Sept. She introduces us to King's Landing, parts of the Riverlands, the Vale of Arryn, and the Stormlands.

Tower of the Hand has an essay that makes a point I like about this: Catelyn is our eyes into this fantasy world. She's the one that introduces us to the Godswood and the Sept. She introduces us to King's Landing, parts of the Riverlands, the Vale of Arryn, and the Stormlands.

Could be. She's after all, not magical at all.

(Until... that one time...)

Could be. She's after all, not magical at all.

(Until... that one time...)

Here's the quote and here's the link if you're interested. I'm not a big fan of this website because of their hated characters rank, but it has a lot of good stuff too.

She also has a major hand in fleshing out those Seven Kingdoms, particularly in the first book of the series. No POV character sees as much of Westeros over the course of the series as Catelyn. Starting at Winterfell, she travels to King's Landing, then to the Eyrie in the Vale of Arryn. From there, she returns to Riverrun, then travels to Bitterbridge in the Reach, then to Storm's End. Finally, her journey takes her back to the Riverlands. Moreover, every time Catelyn reaches one of these pivotal locations, she seems to get there first. We see King's Landing through her eyes before Ned's; the Eyrie through her eyes before Tyrion's; Storm's End through her eyes before Davos'; and of course, Riverrun is essentially her personal setting. Catelyn is the lens through which we view Westeros. In addition to expanding the reader's knowledge of custom, she expands our knowledge of the world itself.

A also noticed how you seem to identify with cat. ;)

I honestly don't, actually. I don't "identify" with many of the characters. The only character I can "relate" to is Rhaegar because our interests in reading and music, but he's such a mystery that it seems a bit bizarre to think that constitutes identifying with.

[mod] Re: deleted posts.

We ask users not to personalise debate. Some of you seem not to be respecting that.

You will find that you disagree with everyone on something, and that's fine. What's not fine is to start sniping at each other in personal terms simply because you disagree over a particular reading of an event, or a character. Everyone has the right to have their opinions, and everyone has the duty to respect that right. You can think what you like about other users, but don't clutter up threads saying it. That is not allowed. [/mod]

Archived