why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

3 hours ago, Damorian said:

As soon as they hit The Riverlands and we even start to hear about the BWB off screen - we'll know. They'd have to plant the seeds of set up that while relatively innocent to non-readers would be red rags to book folk.

We already know there will be outlaw/Riverlands/Riverrun content in episodes 8-10 but it already starts to get interesting in 6-7 as Brienne and Jaime hit the road and the Meribald stuff plays out. Any brief mentions in the context of war and the broken men speech from Meribald or any tavern convo from this point in the season could sketch in a quick detail that could be the smoking gun, like: Freys are being hung with salt stuffed in their mouths, the BWB have a female leader, Thoros is despairing, etc, etc.

My theory on Kaye is that if we don't see him in 7, 8 or 9, he is in the last few minutes of episode 10 and Stoneheart the final scene: hence why they kept his recasting secret.

But much more likely he shows up before then, they team the BWB up with Blackfish or Arya for some rushed, bloody RW 2.0 fare and she's the elephant in the room again. Much as I'm liking a lot of the showrunner's choices this year, I just don't trust them on this character, or at least, if they DO use aspects of her in the show: keeping those intact.

But if there's one good thing about this season on the LSH front, it's that one way or another - the speculation ends.

Spoiler

Buddy I think you're going to be really disappointed. Ive heard some horrible things about the Riverlands story this season.

2 hours ago, Ruhail said:
  Hide contents

Buddy I think you're going to be really disappointed. Ive heard some horrible things about the Riverlands story this season.

Not really. I've read almost every fake/real/potentially massive spoiler about the RL's this year, and have already said above that disappointment is much more likely because they likely won't include her. 

I still love it, but the general drive of the show now is to rush through anything that isn't central to the Jon & Dany/Long Night/bigger picture wars to come for S7, which strikes me as a shame.

That said, they HAVE included the seige of Riverrun, and brought back Blackfish, Edmure & Thoros when this time last year, I thought Jaime's eventful trip there had been cut completely for Dorne. So however much of a dog's dinner they do (or don't) make of the rest, those are facts we can at least be thankful for.

Ninja/incognito/indestructible Arya killing Walder and everyone in her path will probably be the least satisfying (at least, to me) deus ex machina they can come up with to rush through and replace The Stony One, so that'll probably be the way of it. C'est la vie, and worse things DO happen at sea. :dunno:

2 hours ago, Ser Matt Dayne said:

Source on that?

I cant quite remember who the source was due to all the people popping up so i really hope its fake.

Spoiler

Its said that Thoros and whats left of his group have become common criminals (no LSH present) and they try to rob and kill Mcshane's group but then one of the hooded figure reveals himself to be the hound and gets into a fight with Thoros and possibly kills him? Hope its fake

10 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

I cant quite remember who the source was due to all the people popping up so i really hope its fake.

Hide contents

Its said that Thoros and whats left of his group have become common criminals (no LSH present) and they try to rob and kill Mcshane's group but then one of the hooded figure reveals himself to be the hound and gets into a fight with Thoros and possibly kills him? Hope its fake

That sounds awesome.

2 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

How exactly do we get Brienne from the Wall protecting Sansa in Episode 4 to Brienne in the Riverlands?  I'd like to know what they use as a way to get her to leave.

Sansa sends her to search for Arya would be my guess. 

9 minutes ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

To look for Arya. Is it that hard to understand?

Wow. It was a genuine speculation, since we haven't seen it happen yet. Besides, asked and answered, and yet you felt the need to reply again just to be nasty to someone else? 

9 hours ago, Damorian said:

As soon as they hit The Riverlands and we even start to hear about the BWB off screen - we'll know. They'd have to plant the seeds of set up that while relatively innocent to non-readers would be red rags to book folk.

We already know there will be outlaw/Riverlands/Riverrun content in episodes 8-10 but it already starts to get interesting in 6-7 as Brienne and Jaime hit the road and the Meribald stuff plays out. Any brief mentions in the context of war and the broken men speech from Meribald or any tavern convo from this point in the season could sketch in a quick detail that could be the smoking gun, like: Freys are being hung with salt stuffed in their mouths, the BWB have a female leader, Thoros is despairing, etc, etc.

My theory on Kaye is that if we don't see him in 7, 8 or 9, he is in the last few minutes of episode 10 and Stoneheart the final scene: hence why they kept his recasting secret.

But much more likely he shows up before then, they team the BWB up with Blackfish or Arya for some rushed, bloody RW 2.0 fare and she's the elephant in the room again. Much as I'm liking a lot of the showrunner's choices this year, I just don't trust them on this character, or at least, if they DO use aspects of her in the show: keeping those intact.

But if there's one good thing about this season on the LSH front, it's that one way or another - the speculation ends.

I don't think LSH would be appearing in the finale......I think that RV's will be crucial to guess if she appears or not

1 hour ago, kg1982 said:

How exactly do we get Brienne from the Wall protecting Sansa in Episode 4 to Brienne in the Riverlands?  I'd like to know what they use as a way to get her to leave.

Brienne kills everyone.

In the unlikely event she WAS gonna appear this year Meera, I don't see the reveal happening in 7, 8, 9, put it that way. It's episode ten material.

Oh, and Paul Kaye was strongly linked to a hanging scene so that spoiler about him I find a bit simplistic, tbh, in terms of encompassing all his stuff this year is about. In other words, everything in it could be true and Thoros still be involved with LSH.

E.g: He could hang a few Freys with her as an unrevealed hooded figure masterminding the beatings up and nasties, meet that proposed scenario, and she still be operational for a big Bejeezus reveal.

Zero mention of Beric, who would presumably still be alive and kicking sans sacrifice for Stoneheart

Oh, and if they're recasting Kaye AND having him be present at hangings, way to go for the ultimate LSH troll. How big and hairy does the elephant in the room have to be ...?   :stillsick:

6 minutes ago, Damorian said:

In the unlikely event she WAS gonna appear this year Meera, I don't see the reveal happening in 7, 8, 9, put it that way. It's episode ten material.

Oh, and Paul Kaye was strongly linked to a hanging scene so that spoiler about him I find a bit simplistic, tbh, in terms of encompassing all his stuff this year is about. In other words, everything in it could be true and Thoros still be involved with LSH.

E.g: He could hang a few Freys with her as an unrevealed hooded figure masterminding the beatings up and nasties, meet that proposed scenario, and she still be operational for a big Bejeezus reveal.

Oh, and if they're recasting Kaye AND having him be present at hangings, way to go for the ultimate LSH troll. How big and hairy does the elephant in the room have to be ...?   :stillsick:

mmm...now that you say things this way...I could buy it.

Oh, they want LSH fans to wait for her all the season!

53 minutes ago, kg1982 said:

So you have read the actual script?  Yes?  If not, then it is just speculation on your part.  It seems a bit clunky to me.

Well I've read filming spoilers and even without those Brienne wasn't going to be in bastardbowl, so she had to go somewhere. The trailer even shows her and Pod in the Riverlands.

1 minute ago, Jack Bauer 24 said:

Well I've read filming spoilers and even without those Brienne wasn't going to be in bastardbowl, so she had to go somewhere. The trailer even shows her and Pod in the Riverlands.

Correct.  I have read these spoilers as well.  We know that Brienne and Pod are in the Riverlands.  I am trying to figure out what gets her from The Wall to the Riverlands.

To help her beleaguered great uncle break the seige. Sansa knows Brienne has dealt with Stark/Tully and Lannister alike, not least Jaime L, and would be a decent go-between.

Failing that, she just goes looking for Arya at Riverrun and walks smack bang into it.

Archived