why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

1 minute ago, The Fattest Leech said:

A Feast for Crows - Brienne VIII

"M'lady." The wine was making her head spin. It was hard to think. "Stoneheart. Is that who you mean?" Lord Randyll had spoken of her, back at Maidenpool. "Lady Stoneheart."
"Some call her that. Some call her other things. The Silent Sister. Mother Merciless. The Hangwoman."
The Hangwoman. When Brienne closed her eyes, she saw the corpses swaying underneath the bare brown limbs, their faces black and swollen. Suddenly she was desperately afraid. "Podrick. My squire. Where is Podrick? And the others . . . Ser Hyle, Septon Meribald. Dog. What did you do with Dog?"

Thank you @The Fattest Leech. I knew I had read it in the chapter.

5 minutes ago, Meera of Tarth said:

But if you are adapting a book's story you can't cut major characters, and LSH is definitely one.

Reversinf the most known event in the show? Probably, as it happens in the books. That's debatable. However, if the author created LSH was for a good reason.

RS is married to Cersei's plot, just like LSH is married to Brienne, The Brotherhood (and they will appear again) and Jaime. That's not a good excuse. LSH's is not an independent story. But of course in a show where you can barely recognise BookBrienne or BookJaime since season 4 it MAY be an independet story. After all, GOT can not be called an adaptation when speaking of some (or a lot) characters and storylines.

It was a strange option to cut her, if she is definitely cut, because she actually brings together two main characters and their plotlines. Something the showrunners need to do at certain points. That and she has her lesson to give and she is part of a faction of the BWB that is so, incredibly integrated into a few main storylines. She is important.

Apparently we will see some form of the BWB, but it seems they have "turned against the small folk they once swore to protect," or something of the like. Maybe this was a lose description of LSH???

On 3/5/2016 at 1:30 AM, Ruhail said:

I'm surprised they bothered with Robert Strong if LSH was too much for them. 

This. Exactly...... Maybe RS has more fans than LSH:lmao:

If his inclusion is for CB I will laugh a lot. it's only fight that matters? As if LSH couldn't be done by another actress (it's a hangwoman, it's not Catelyn!! they even have a good prosthetics in the teaser!!!), LSH is more than fighting, it's a dark tone of the consequences of magic. And its revenge. They should like revenge....

I know I'm alone...but 10% of LSH hype. There's everything!! 

4 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

It was a strange option to cut her, if she is definitely cut, because she actually brings together two main characters and their plotlines. Something the showrunners need to do at certain points. That and she has her lesson to give and she is part of a faction of the BWB that is so, incredibly integrated into a few main storylines. She is important.

Apparently we will see some form of the BWB, but it seems they have "turned against the small folk they once swore to protect," or something of the like. Maybe this was a lose description of LSH???

But even they being "evil" fits the description of being a group commanded bu LSH:

And you are right, LSH is important for the plot. Very important.

Even my Unsullied friend, who has only read some chapters of the books, and read ASOS Epilogue, said that if they were not including her it would be a huge deviation and that he would be disappointed. (And He doesn't know anything about Dorne:lmao:)

They actually dont need Michelle Fairley to do Lady Stoneheart. They may need her permission to use a likeness, but really, they can do all this with CGI and motion capture. They wouldnt necessarily need her for voice acting either. She can either be totally mute, or just really super distorted. Im not confident shes coming, but i havent quite given up because the return to the Riverlands plot is happening this season. Because im not really expecting her, i wont be too salty if she doesnt show up. Tbh, im way saltier about Aegon and Arianne being cut.

1 minute ago, Florina Laufeyson said:

They actually dont need Michelle Fairley to do Lady Stoneheart. They may need her permission to use a likeness, but really, they can do all this with CGI and motion capture. They wouldnt necessarily need her for voice acting either. She can either be totally mute, or just really super distorted. Im not confident shes coming, but i havent quite given up because the return to the Riverlands plot is happening this season. Because im not really expecting her, i wont be too salty if she doesnt show up. Tbh, im way saltier about Aegon and Arianne being cut.

They probably don't even need CGI either. Apparently it is quite expensive to do (which is why we got like 15 seconds of Ghost in S5). They brought Siddig back for a 4 minute scene just to be killed, they could have Fairely back for 3ish episodes easily. LSH doesn't really talk, but she does need a translator, so maybe they could have a look alike actress instead of Fairely to save money? LSH doesn't even look like Cat anyway.

I guess what I am saying, is personally I'd prefer a human actor. I was not super impressed with the Dany on Drogon CGI in S5 and would rather budget go to something else (like lightbulbs for the set :D). Dany flying on Drogon looked like a layer superimposed over the crowd below.

The return to the Riverlands in an intriguing trip back into AFFC and begs for LSH. However, I am not expecting to see her and won't be too salty at this point either.

No Aegon and Arianne... well, we see how that is going :lmao:

im laughing way too hard at "lightbulbs for the set" omg right? 

I just dont know what to expect anymore. If she shows up in some fashion, consider my mind blown and a kitten had. 

11 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

No Aegon and Arianne... well, we see how that is going :lmao:

:rofl:

Well as hilarious as this is coming from me after my last hand-wringing re: a new rush for the hype train .... hold on to your butts:

http://imgur.com/PMkTH1O

A 'clue in the new series'? A warm day in Iceland? Misquoted after ruling out her return THEN, and not now? And suddenly, she knows an awful lot more about the character than she did before, emphasising that she's not a mindless zombie?

Obviously nothing 100%, and Michelle, as ever, is every inch the consumate professional giving nothing cheaply away. But reading fairly easily between the lines, in phrase after phrase she is using, this potentially changes everything ...

Credit: Arthur Dayne on WIC boards (from news thread: 'is Melisandre's crisis of faith over').

Am currently trying to verify magazine & source .... because y'know ... mock ups happen. :unsure:

Poor Fairley, whatever Kit had to put up with it's nothing to the past three years for Fairley. :D

Fair play to her anyway, it'd be way easier just to shut it down. But it's interesting the way she put it, as in there's a clue. That says to me that she could appear but not this season?

1 minute ago, LStoneheart said:

Not sure uf serious. LsH is still recognizable as Catelyn.

Well, I'll rephrase: why would anyone care whether it's actually Fairley or not, if the character still looks identical enough that you couldn't immediately tell that it's not Fairley?

Of course it'd be silly if LSH wouldn't be immediately recognizable as Catelyn, no one's suggesting doing that.

Why on Earth would recast be necessary? It's still a great part and it's not like Michelle is too expensive. Going by this "logic" they coulf just replace any actor as long as they kinda look similiar for absolutely no reason

9 hours ago, Meera of Tarth said:

But if you are adapting a book's story you can't cut major characters, and LSH is definitely one.

Reversinf the most known event in the show? Probably, as it happens in the books. That's debatable. However, if the author created LSH was for a good reason.

RS is married to Cersei's plot, just like LSH is married to Brienne, The Brotherhood (and they will appear again) and Jaime. That's not a good excuse. LSH's is not an independent story. But of course in a show where you can barely recognise BookBrienne or BookJaime since season 4 it MAY be an independet story. After all, GOT can not be called an adaptation when speaking of some (or a lot) characters and storylines.

Not really. Gregor "dies" as part of Tyrion's plot. He's entered directly into Cersie's plot as Robert Strong. He doesn't function at any point outside of major characters.

LSH is brought into the narratively independently. Brienne is off doing her own thing, then she wanders into an already active LSH.

Regardless Robert Strong is one side character helping Cersie. LSH is this undead entity with followers destroying the Riverlands.

I wouldn't call her a major character either.

Fairley or no thanks would be my view on it. For one, I think Cat should be still recognisable under all the make up/prosthetics/cgi, otherwise her reveal is just kind of lost on the viewer. 

Secondly, to say LSH is carrying a lot of baggage is an understatement to say the least. It should be Fairley conveying that rage and hatred, as she was the one playing the character who experienced it all in the first place. You lose a big part of the pay off by not having the original actress in the role. I'd compare it to Heath Ledger's passing and Nolan deciding to write a cameo/role out of TDKR for the Joker, as there was just no-one who could take over the role.

It's one of those situations where a recast will just not fly.

30 minutes ago, LStoneheart said:

Why on Earth would recast be necessary? It's still a great part and it's not like Michelle is too expensive. Going by this "logic" they coulf just replace any actor as long as they kinda look similiar for absolutely no reason

I am going out on a limb here and thinking you are referring to my suggestion of that a few posts up? They replaced the Daario, Myrcella, Tommen and a few side characters (and a few more we will soon see) and it doesn't always go well, I agree.

I agree we should have Fairelly first and always. She can't be that expensive. No more than Siddig for one 4 minute shot. I added that cost note because I often see how others defend not having LSH because Fairelly is tooo expensive, of which I say :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think CGI would be the worst route ever to take for the show to take with LSH.

However, if CGI and Firely won't work (she has been busy with other acting jobs), then I think a reasonable stand-in would suffice.

LSH is barely recognizable as she now is. We all know that her "signature" Tully auburn hair is now half gone and the other half is white and brittle. Her skin is curdled white and even her scratches down her face are not blood red, but black. She wears her hood to cover most of her face and she can't speak.

I think fans would appreciate Fairelly more because it would feel like a true come back.

Unfortunately, the showrunners have not had Arya warg at all with Nymeria, not even when she was blind in Braavos, so her introduction now could seem retconned.

Still trying to verify whether that article is real, so if anyone can help me ...

Neither WIC or WOTW have run with the story (which is odd in itself) and the poster I discovered the link from hasn't responded on WIC.

In fact, I can find find no link or fuller article for that disembodied screen grab on imgur whatsoever.

Bottom line: don't count any chickens yet.

If - worst case scenario - it's a doctored article using bits from other interviews, this may be the most elaborate LSH hoax yet ...

Archived