why was Ladystoneheart cut out

Black Dragons

1 minute ago, Damorian said:

Still trying to verify whether that article is real, so if anyone can help me ...

Neither WIC or WOTW have run with the story (which is odd in itself) and the poster I discovered the link from hasn't responded on WIC.

In fact, I can find find no link or fuller article for that disembodied screen grab on imgur whatsoever.

Bottom line: don't count any chickens yet.

This may still be the most elaborate hoax yet ...

Isn't that from an old-ish interview?

It mentions Rebellion as well, a show from January 2016 so it can't be too old.

It's a nothing piece of info anyway, Fairley has always struck me as game for a wind up so she would probably get a kick out of saying something like that rather than just flat out denial.

If it's fake, it'd be pretty sad for someone to go to the trouble for that, they could have least been a bit more creative like that 4chan user was. :D

38 minutes ago, The Fattest Leech said:

I am going out on a limb here and thinking you are referring to my suggestion of that a few posts up? They replaced the Daario, Myrcella, Tommen and a few side characters (and a few more we will soon see) and it doesn't always go well, I agree.

I agree we should have Fairelly first and always. She can't be that expensive. No more than Siddig for one 4 minute shot. I added that cost note because I often see how others defend not having LSH because Fairelly is tooo expensive, of which I say :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I think CGI would be the worst route ever to take for the show to take with LSH.

However, if CGI and Firely won't work (she has been busy with other acting jobs), then I think a reasonable stand-in would suffice.

LSH is barely recognizable as she now is. We all know that her "signature" Tully auburn hair is now half gone and the other half is white and brittle. Her skin is curdled white and even her scratches down her face are not blood red, but black. She wears her hood to cover most of her face and she can't speak.

I think fans would appreciate Fairelly more because it would feel like a true come back.

Unfortunately, the showrunners have not had Arya warg at all with Nymeria, not even when she was blind in Braavos, so her introduction now could seem retconned.

No one wants LSH in the show more than me but if the choice is no LSH at all or LSH is in but not played by Michelle than I rather she is out even if we are just talking about a stand in for first apearance like Michonnr in TWD s2 finale.

Michelle is Cat and Cat is LSH. Her fans waited long enough and we deserve the real deal.

12 minutes ago, LStoneheart said:

No one wants LSH in the show more than me but if the choice is no LSH at all or LSH is in but not played by Michelle than I rather she is out even if we are just talking about a stand in for first apearance like Michonnr in TWD s2 finale.

Michelle is Cat and Cat is LSH. Her fans waited long enough and we deserve the real deal.

I understand and agree more than I can say.

I am this way with Bloodraven and Val. Val they skipped on screen and at first I was upset, but then I realized that it probably was for the better seeing how they like to "rework" necessary characters.

Bloodraven.... :angry: . He should be this here , but instead we are getting this here.

The interview reads well, seems current and up to date, seems to have her style of voice.  I can't find any leads either (I work in the theatre business, and I cannot find this article in any theatre journals/playbills).  Very interesting.

She doesn't promise LSH's return, so...we shall see....

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I think it looks like a newspaper culture supplement maybe? And a NI newspaper, most likely. 

yes definitely not from any well-known source of got

It's so inkeeping with the frustratingly elusive (and invariably bogus) nature of how this character has plagued the fandom for the past three years, that when we finally get a tidbit that may just be genuine from the lady herself, the screen-capped article in question is .... impossible to verify .:ack:

5 minutes ago, Damorian said:

It's so inkeeping with the frustratingly elusive (and invariably bogus) nature of how this character has plagued the fandom for the past three years, that when we finally get a tidbit that may just be genuine from the lady herself, the screen-capped article in question is .... impossible to verify .:ack:

Totally.

If it's fake it's not funny at all. How did you find the link?

Arthur Dayne on WIC, who just got back to me with this:

"I reposted this after seeing it on WOTW.

It looks like it’s from a Belfast drama special, I’m guessing something to do with Performing Arts there. They do monthly interviews. But I looked and they have no online publications."

So I don't think Arthur is out to con anyone, tbh.

As for who he got it from on WOTW, no idea. Will try to find out, but in the meantime, all and any help appreciated!

***UPDATE***

Traced it back to the WOTW source and who it was who made the screen grab: a poster called Ida in the Making of Jon Snow's Resurrection thread (May 4th)

She says the following:

First post:

"Reading Michelle Fairley’s interview about her play and she namedrops Lady Stoneheart!

Doesn’t say she will be in though."

Second post:

"Here’s the bit, I’ll try to post the whole Belfast drama special later. Nothing else to do with GOT though."

http://imgur.com/PMkTH1O

Again, she seems the honest sort and isnt making any OTT wild claims or drastic plot predictions, so no real reason to suspect there's any article doctoring going on - and especially since she herself tempers expectation in the first post.

Conclusion: an interview piece in which MF alludes to a not-entirely-out-of-the-question return as LSH is not online, but published in NI, and (hopefully) legit.

Merci. And not to stoke the coal fires of that hype train I do so love to hate, but .... further sleuthing from the top here reveals daddy Bolton talking about someone coming back from the past - "and I'm not talking about the obvious one" (i.e: Jon) to avenge "certain deeds that were done in episodes (presumably he means seasons) two and three".

Curiouser and curiouser .... :blushing:

7 minutes ago, Damorian said:

Merci. And not to stoke the coal fires of that hype train I do so love to hate, but .... further sleuthing from the top here reveals daddy Bolton talking about someone coming back from the past - "and I'm not talking about the obvious one" (i.e: Jon) to avenge "certain deeds that were done in episodes (presumably he means seasons) two and three".

Curiouser and curiouser .... :blushing:

I thought the same when I listened to him last month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it's weird. The kind of thing that WIC and WOTW would normally front page, especially since he alludes to it NOT being Jon.

Maybe they were averting another LSH shitstorm right on opening season.

You yell barracuda, everybody says, 'Huh? What?'

You yell Stoneheart .... we've got a panic on our hands on the fourth of July.

Archived