Small Questions v.10099

Jon Weirgaryen

Why was Luwin at Riverrun to deliver Catelyn Stark's first child?

There are different theories, but I think it's possible that Catelyn just misspoke... :) . After all, they were not talking about the children or the circumstances of their births. Catelyn said what she said simply to explain why she wasn't much embarrased to be naked in front of the maester. It could be more like a figure of speech or something, IMHO.

Did Jon want to join the Night's Watch?

Now this doesn't seem like a small question :) , but I'll try to give a short answer: IMHO, he kind of wanted to, but, on the other hand, he also wanted his father to stop him from going... :( .

@Lost Melnibonean, about the three-sided wars and battles... I'm not certain if this fits your criteria, but Maegor fought against both the Faith Militant and Prince Aegon and his forces.. But Prince Aegon and the Faith did not fight together, nor could the Faith be called a fan of Aegon's..

So while two sides sort of wanted the same (get Maegor off the throne), it could be called a three-sided war.. Until Aegon's death.

There are different theories, but I think it's possible that Catelyn just misspoke... :) . After all, they were not talking about the children or the circumstances of their births. Catelyn said what she said simply to explain why she wasn't much embarrased to be naked in front of the maester. It could be more like a figure of speech or something, IMHO.

Now this doesn't seem like a small question :) , but I'll try to give a short answer: IMHO, he kind of wanted to, but, on the other hand, he also wanted his father to stop him from going... :( .

I had figured that the Luwin issue had been a mistake by the George, but I just noticed that we're told in Catelyn's second chapter in Game that Luwin delivered all five of her babies, and that she arrived at Winterfell to find Jon already there with a wet nurse, in the same chapter. So it wasn't a mistake by the George. I guess it could be Catelyn's mistake.

I had always assumed that Jon didn't really want to join the Night's Watch but during my last reread, I couldn't find anything specific to pin that assumption on. Then I noticed my assumption must have come from this note in Bran II, Game 8. But I don't know... I'm thinking he wanted to join and that he was just resentful of his status as a bastard at the end of his time at Winterfell with the King's visit and having certain roads closed to him.

How many people know Daenerys is barren? Anyone besides Dany herself and Mirri Maz Duur? Certainly not Hizdahr zo Loraq or Xaro Xhoan Daxos?

Turinsbane, there is no way for us to even know if she is barren. Danaerys thinks it, Jorah would have heard MMD's words, and that's it.

I'd say she isn't. The end of ADwD could be interpreted as her having a miscarriage, due to stress, heat, poisonous food and water. So maybe she never was, or maybe MMD's prophecy is already about to come true.

@Lost Melnibonean, about the three-sided wars and battles... I'm not certain if this fits your criteria, but Maegor fought against both the Faith Militant and Prince Aegon and his forces.. But Prince Aegon and the Faith did not fight together, nor could the Faith be called a fan of Aegon's..

So while two sides sort of wanted the same (get Maegor off the throne), it could be called a three-sided war.. Until Aegon's death.

Sweet. See, I'm thinking about the end game of the Second Dance, maybe at the Trident and maybe among Stannis, Aegon, and Daenerys, with Tyrion of course snarling in their midst, and dare I say betraying Daenerys.

I'd say she isn't. The end of ADwD could be interpreted as her having a miscarriage, due to stress, heat, poisonous food and water. So maybe she never was, or maybe MMD's prophecy is already about to come true.

Or maybe she just had a real nasty case of the burnin squirts. You just gots to stay away from those wild berries.

Going off of tonight's GoT episode and the Jon Snow/Lord of Winterfell/Stannis proposed storyline. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but not even a King can denounce someone of the Nights Watch, right? Considering the punishment of deserting is death why is that even a storyline? Isn't it Stannis' job as a liege lord (let alone king) to uphold that law? I really don't see why that particular storyline is a thing tbh.

Several questions there I know, but could someone just clear that up for me please?

Going off of tonight's GoT episode and the Jon Snow/Lord of Winterfell/Stannis proposed storyline. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but not even a King can denounce someone of the Nights Watch, right? Considering the punishment of deserting is death why is that even a storyline? Isn't it Stannis' job as a liege lord (let alone king) to uphold that law? I really don't see why that particular storyline is a thing tbh.

Several questions there I know, but could someone just clear that up for me please?

Stannis and Jon have skirted around a lot of NW rules. Like when Jon gave all that NW land to Stannis

Stannis and Jon have skirted around a lot of NW rules. Like when Jon gave all that NW land to Stannis

Yeah I know that and I know the NW have had its rules skirted around since the start of this story, but leaving the NW is the ultimate rule. I don't understand why they're downplaying the fact that it really just isn't simple for Jon to leave. Even with a King's approval.

Edit; I'm not just talking about the show either, I thought this when i read the books. I'm just bringing it up now because of this latest episode.

Yeah I know that and I know the NW have had its rules skirted around since the start of this story, but leaving the NW is the ultimate rule. I don't understand why they're downplaying the fact that it really just isn't simple for Jon to leave. Even with a King's approval.

Edit; I'm not just talking about the show either, I thought this when i read the books. I'm just bringing it up now because of this latest episode.

Kings can change laws, until AGOT no-one could retire or leave the KG forsaking their vows.

Kings can change laws, until AGOT no-one could retire or leave the KG forsaking their vows.

But the NW is not under any of the Kings jurisdiction. The Watch takes no part in the rest of Westoros' politicking. Despite Stannis temporarily being stationed at The Wall and them having to show their courtesies to him, he doesn't have any authority of changing their rules. Thats the different with the NW and the KG, the KG are directly controlled by the monarch. Stannis doesn't have any right to pull Jon away from his sworn duty and would have to do his own duty by executing Jon for desertion. Thats why I don't understand why they're downplaying that.

I think Stannis'authority comes from his big ass army.

And I think Stannis is playing with prison rules, like "I helped you defend your Wall, now you owe me"

I don't think its downplayed that much, the Bowen Marsh incident could have something to do with how people feel about Jon and Stannis' dealings which include letting free folk in

I think Stannis'authority comes from his big ass army.

And I think Stannis is playing with prison rules, like "I helped you defend your Wall, now you owe me"

I don't think its downplayed that much, the Bowen Marsh incident could have something to do with how people feel about Jon and Stannis' dealings which include letting free folk in

Which clearly suggests that Adibisi woulda abused Kit Harrington's ass had they met in Oz instead of Pompeii.

Archived