The Complete Winds of Winter Resource v. 2

BryndenBFish

Huh? What the hell are you talking about. Please read more carefully next time.

And I know that Jon may not be dead, but he's not going to name his first Wall chapter "Jon" or all the suspense will be gone. Perhaps you should learn a little more about the rules of writing before acting like a know-it-all.

As I said, it will be either Theon or Mel. I'm guessing Theon, because he first has to tell us what happens to Stannis, and by the time we're back to the Wall, Theon will have already gotten there to witness Jon being stabbed.

I remember an interview shortly after Dance's release where GRRM said that he wanted to show us the aftermath at the Wall in Dance, but it was moved to Winds due to page constraints. So, whoever is going to be the first POV character there has to be relatively closeby.

The characters close enough to do this are, with some being more likely than others:

-Jon (if he isn't out of it and possibly in a chapter not called "Jon")

-Mel (she's at the Wall) (the most likely option in my opinion)

-Theon (he is nearby)

-Asha (same as Theon)

-Davos (could be returning from Skagos) (unlikely to me)

-Bran (with his powers).

I think we can expect another chapter to come soon

"Yes, I will be reading a chapter from THE WINDS OF WINTER there, and yes, I'll talk about ICE AND FIRE and my other writing"

Yeah I tried to start a thread about this, hasn't shown up yet. I am not so sure it will be a chapter he hasn't already released or read at other conventions. however if it's one we haven't been able to read in full on his site or the awoiaf app, I hope there's a video like the video of his reading Victarion 1!

When is this going to be?

This weekend.

If it's new, I'm hoping it's that Damphair chapter he's been talking about for many years now - the one with the dark, twisted stuff. Though maybe he'll take the opportunity to remind us that the books are different to the show and read a chapter that will show that, such as the new Alayne chapter, or Victarion or Arianne or Barristan (that'd show 'em.) Perhaps a Davos chapter, in which case I'd shit myself with joy.

Another interesting quote from Not a Blog, GRRM talking about growing differences between the books and the show:

"And yes, more and more, they differ. Two roads diverging in the dark of the woods, I suppose... but all of us are still intending that at the end we will arrive at the same place."

At one point GRRM was pondering some shocking twist that the show supposedly couldn't follow because of something they had done to the show characters already that would prevent them from following the new plotline. But apparently GRRM abandoned this idea, since most recent comments above pretty definitively state that the show and the books end in the same place.

Thoughts? Comments?

I'm wondering if GRRM will re-read the Sansa TWOW chapter given the controversy from this past weekend. And if so, I'd wonder whether that's a subtle jab or signal of displeasure at the show. (That's only my guess!)

But if it's not Sansa, if I had to guess, I'd say that GRRM will read something from the Northern Storyline. Bran, Davos, Theon, Asha, Melisandre & Jon (Maybe) are our POVs in the North. I still hold to the belief that the show won't get to the Battle of Ice by the end of the season, but if it will, George probably has some foreknowledge of it; so we might get some Battle of Ice action. But if not, my guess would be Davos.

Why Davos? Well, his storyline is divergent from the show (As far as we know). He's indicated that Osha would have a changed role due to the show due to the performance of Natalia Tena. And as a side benefit, Davos is disconnected from the Battle of Ice for the moment. So, Davos would be my guess.

I still think it'll be the Sansa sample chapter, but Lord of Kobol hear my prayer and let it be Davos.

Also, follow @thejazzytea on twitter as she'll be present for GRRM's reading at ConQuest and plans to live-tweet. Additionally, History of Westeros will be there too. And as much as possible, I'll be scouring the twitterverse to fill in new details (if it's a new chapter) under the blog's @WarsofASOIAF handle.

thank you for those links ..and hoping you can get in to fill alll the new details we can get from this chapter if it is new

but i am still hoping it will be a dany chapter if he is going to read anything since the mention of dragon charred

Also, follow @thejazzytea on twitter as she'll be present for GRRM's reading at ConQuest and plans to live-tweet. Additionally, History of Westeros will be there too. And as much as possible, I'll be scouring the twitterverse to fill in new details (if it's a new chapter) under the blog's @WarsofASOIAF handle.

Thanks for the resources you have put together. Very helpful! Do you know what day and time this new TWOW reading will be? I want to know when I should start checking for updates.

Thanks for the resources you have put together. Very helpful! Do you know what day and time this new TWOW reading will be? I want to know when I should start checking for updates.

I believe GRRM's reading will be at noon local time (CST) on Saturday.

I genuinely hope he does not read the Alayne chapter (the one from April or a new one). Why? Because I think the show is getting beat up on unfairly in regards to last Sunday's episode. And I genuinely hope George would realize that reading the Alayne chapter, regardless of his intent, would only serve to inflame the situation. Part of me believes George wouldn't want to do that.

I really don't think he will read the Alayne chapter as he just released it on the internet. 100% of attending nerds will have read that already. Recently. And he well knows that.

I'm not sure I hope that he reads a brand new one, but I guess it's time. More than anything, I'm mainly hoping he spills the beans about book progress, but this is grasping many straws.

I really don't think he will read the Alayne chapter as he just released it on the internet. 100% of attending nerds will have read that already. Recently. And he well knows that.

I'm not sure I hope that he reads a brand new one, but I guess it's time. More than anything, I'm mainly hoping he spills the beans about book progress, but this is grasping many straws.

He has also never read Mercy. Or Theon. Something he has already released seems far more likely than something new. It's been only 2 months or so since the last one

Archived