Littlefinger's fate

G-Stark

As much of a schemer as Littlefinger is, I can totally see him sucking over the Lannisters in the end to support Stannis, if Stannis has a larger, more successful army and is clearly winning. Littlefinger just wants to live and be on the side the will reap the most benefits. And because he opposed Eddard Stark and was against Stannis succeeding the Throne after Robert passed away, it would fit into his character and go well with the story.

Woah woah....what's with all the hate on LF? Chill out guys, "his ultimate fate will be his head mounted on a spike at winterfell" seriously? That is sick man..LF is actually a hero figure to some people. Please show a little more respect.

It's a topic about one of the most controversial characters fate. There will be posts that not everyone agrees with.

And he's responsible for the deaths of characters people consider to be heroic. Personally I can imagine far more sick ways for LF demise than his head simply mounted on a spike. A LOT more ways.

I think Sansa will ultimately destroy him. Sansa heard Lyssa confess LFs involvement in Jon Arryn's murder just prior to being thrown through the moon door which is what prompted Ned to head to KL as Hand. This probably hasn't crystallized in her mind yet. If Sandor Clegane gets off the QI and reconnects with Sansa (which I believe will happen) then LF is toast. Or Sansa is but I believe it will be LF. Sandor was in the throne room when LF betrayed Ned Stark to his death and unlike LF Hounds don't lie. Sansa believes her entire family to be dead and she will see LF as rightly responsible for it.

Agree

I think Littlefinger will finally be pushed out of the moon door by Lady Stoneheart, as he did with her sister Lysa.

I really don't think LSH will do it... and we definitely will not see The Eyrie again in the books, since it won't really be accessible during winter (which most likely will last until the books end, or longer), so no moon dooring for Littlefinger.

Most likely scenarios in my opinion:

1a) Sansa figures out what he's done after she has learned more scheming from him. She outsmarts him, causing his plots to backfire and kill him. He dies either filled with horror/anger at Sansa betraying him, because he never expected that, or

1b) he feels pride over how capable Sansa has become. Perhaps he feels he has fulfilled his most pressing objectives by then (helping the downfall of multiple major houses (or at least of his generation in them), showing everyone not to underestimate people like him, having trained a successor).

2) His plots finally fail, either through Sansa or something else. He manages to escape to Braavos, and we either never see him again or we see him getting killed by an assassin in some late chapter.

3) His plots are foiled by Sansa, but she "forgives" him, because he did save her from King's Landing and helped train her. Everything he has achieved is taken from him and he spends the rest of his life expecting a dagger in his back.

Less likely:

4) Vary's "He would burn the realm to the ground if he could be king of the ashes" comment from the show turns out to be prophetic.

Regarding 1b... I could see him think he just won one of his schemes, only for Sansa to appear with some guards (the Winged Knights?) to arrest him... He flees, knowing he can probably outrun the armored knights, but more appear before him... Desperate, he runs out on the battlements of whichever keep/castle he's in, but slips and falls to his death with a "smile that doesn't quite reach his eyes".

I've seen some theories say that he might commit suicide if he is arrested and put in jail by someone who knows about all he's done, but I don't really think so... he'd probably think he could talk or bribe his way out of it until the end. That said, I don't think he will get successfully arrested (at least alive).

I don't think Littlefinger's "Game" has been power in Westeros. He is a descendant from Bravos. He put the seven Kingdoms in serious debt, including to the Lannisters, Tyrells, and the Iron bank. If the Seven Kingdoms falls/becomes bankrupt, then those houses and the Iron Bank will fall. However, he seems to be doing fine financially himself. I think he is trying to start his own banking empire, which requires him to destroy his competition, i.e. those who will most likely lend to the Seven Kingdom.

If anything the faith militant. LF does not care about Sansa. Let it soak in. How can anyone who reads the books or watches the show believe that. She is just a piece in the game and he has a many. The faith militant having tortured info from a kettleback who is his man could be his downfall. In the grand scheme of things if westeros will follow real history LF might end the game and minimize the monarchy.

If anything the faith militant. LF does not care about Sansa. Let it soak in. How can anyone who reads the books or watches the show believe that. She is just a piece in the game and he has a many. The faith militant having tortured info from a kettleback who is his man could be his downfall. In the grand scheme of things if westeros will follow real history LF might end the game and minimize the monarchy.

No, I don't buy this, LF has it bad for Sansa, in fact what may ruin his plan is that he just can't let Sansa go. To him she is Cat reborn, his Achilles heel.

I feel confident I know where LF's final resting spot will be: his head on a spike on the walls of Winterfell.

I'm starting to think so. His head could be the Giant(Titan) occupying Winterfell ( Sansa's snow castle).

My own fantasy?

Chained in a cave, Cask of Amontillado style. He is dead, but inside the cave is Lady Stoneheart. She gives him the "kiss of life" and he awakens, as she dies. He is then forced to spend eternity alive, but no light, no sound, and no escape. He finally got his Cat.

• 2 weeks later...

My own fantasy?

Chained in a cave, Cask of Amontillado style. He is dead, but inside the cave is Lady Stoneheart. She gives him the "kiss of life" and he awakens, as she dies. He is then forced to spend eternity alive, but no light, no sound, and no escape. He finally got his Cat.

That is the sickest and yet most beautiful death fantasy I have ever read. Bravo!

His schemes are bound to fail at some point. He thinks he's a lot smarter than he really is and his over-reach will eventually be his downfall. I do agree that it would be sweet if Stoneheart did him in...would give her character some purpose at least.

Archived