Hollywood agrees with Westeros.org

Which Tyler

@Theda

Just to let you know, I do know that Wales isn't England (I also know the difference between Australia and Austria, but will admit to being genuinely befuddled by the game of Cricket). I understand where you're coming from; this bullshit is offensive to Wales, and particularly offensive to Gareth Thomas, and as an American I am personally offended by the idea that we Americans wouldn't be able to grasp the concept of Wales. I think the ribbing in this particular thread though is done to highlight the stupidity of that idea.

i know im just being grouchy lol sorry.

The Influence of the Welsh in America - Flightkeeper - HubPages

flightkeeper.hubpages.com ... UK Holidays St. David's

Our founding fathers, John Adams,Thomas Jefferson, James Monroe, and John Quincy Adams were of Welsh descent. Jefferson's family came from a village ...

Wales is a completely different country to England though. (t's all fun and good to joke about Wales, but Wales is a real, actual country in its own right with its own history, mythology, language ect. I'm just a bit tired of some of the jokes sometimes, because after awhile you sort of do feel a bit insulted and offended as a Welsh person. I know all of the jokes on this board are meant in good spirit and are not said with malice or w/e but this article just isn't funny if it's true. It's actually a big fucking slap to the face for Wales tbh. It's a fucking Gareth Thomas biopic...that ISN'T about Gareth Thomas? ...

It's really not the same as just being like a different state of the US. Wales ISN'T England. I sometimes get annoyed with my flat mate when she accidentally talks about England when talking about Wales, like come on now mun. Stop.

This whole thing is just weird. Reading different articles about it and so confused. Maybe it's better if the Mickey Rourke film isn't about Gareth Thomas as Rourke is like 60 and completely the wrong age. Still, would have been nice to have a decent welsh film about Gareth Thomas; there's still time though, hope it happens one day. Seems a nice bloke.

Word. The Welsh "jokes" on this board are just boring.

Cricket is easy to understand.

one day long long ago, some drunk baseball players and some drunk golfers wanted to play on the same patch of land.

after an epic brawl, a compromise was made. That compromise is called Cricket today.

:bowdown:

:lmao:

Archived