Dexter

Brude

Everyone is saying episode 8 will cause respiratory failures in the audience. What's going to happen?! The wait is killing me.

Lila and Rita will make out???? :drool:

:lol: Seriously, I've had a hard time deciding who is hotter. I think I've decided that Julie Benz (Rita) is prettier while Jaime Murray (Lila)is sexier. I've always been rather partial to dark hair/alabaster skin, so if you put a gun to my head, I'd take Lila...pyro and all. If not, both please! :D

Yeah, they do seem to be leaning towards Doakes. He now has the key piece of evidence and somehow its gonna get tied to him, found on him, or be 'found out' that he 'planted' it on Dexter. Awesome episode. This shit just keeps on getting better. Curious how the signing out of the impounded car thing will work out.

For one of the few times this season I have that 'FUCK YOU FOR ENDING!/CAN'T wait til next week' thing going. Been a while. It feels good. Bring on the next episode.

Side note: Masuka was hilarious this week. With the Hitler shit, to the skull bowling ball, to the gigantic Dirty Hairy gun.

One problem is that Dexter's prints SHOULD be all over those slides, maybe even Brian's when he handled it from season 1. That would be one huge gap to not explain away. Unless the season ends with Doakes holding Dexter hostage, that might explain away the prints with Dexter stating that doakes forced him to handle all the slides.

well, so much for Lila being Dexter's kindred spirit! It remains to be seen how dangerous she will be. I knew right away she told the old killer where Dexter was going to be. So far she seems to be more the victim type who needs to be "rescued" or she needs to rescue someone. But...if she starts using meth again now that Dexter dumped her? Burn baby burn!

Side note: Masuka was hilarious this week. With the Hitler shit, to the skull bowling ball, to the gigantic Dirty Hairy gun.

Batista's retarded puppy comment was my favorite. :lol:

There is something about Deb and Lundy that's ... weird and cringeworthy (in awkwardness). It's not the older guy thing, it's something about those two characters...

Great ep, though I'm bummed that's the way they seem to be leaning with Doakes. Haha, he was awesome when he just walked out on Lundy. You'd think he have at least some alibis. Curious to see how the impound thing works out. And the slides. I wonder.. is Doakes a guy who will go to the police at this point? Or handle it ala Dexter?

Couple musings..

If Doakes does take the fall or dies in a fight with Dex, that's got to violate the code (or he should at least have to struggle with that mightily). In the case of a fall scenario, FLA has the DP and you know the BHB would get it if convicted.

Doakes doesn't have an alibi for killing Jiminez either (he can hardly say he was breaking into Dexter's apartment), so that's something else that will point to him if they find the body. (Although I don't know if they will - it's not like any of the drug smugglers who work with Jiminez will call the cops, and they're really the only people who would go out to that cabin to find the body...

Doakes' expression as he heard about the sloppy bloodwork was hilarious. I love the way Erik King plays him - that little hint of a smile is perfect.

Sir Thursday

They are totally setting up Doakes as the Bay Harbor Butcher. Didn't Doakes even say that his parents were butchers? Or something like that. About Dexter's prints, if you have seen the previews,

SPOILER: Previews
Lundy got the blood slides (how?!) and called Dexter to the station to "explain" them. But did they find Dexter's prints on them or do they want Dexter to examine them? If Dexter has a chance to examine the slides alone, he might be able to clean his own prints and Doakes's prints will be the only ones. Very bad for Doakes!

If Doakes does take the fall or dies in a fight with Dex, that's got to violate the code (or he should at least have to struggle with that mightily).

Someone suggested that Doakes will want to take the credit for the Butcher's murders. How likely is that?

I didn't see that preview.

I would be surprised if Doakes turned the slides in. I mean, he's already on suspension, now he is breaking and entering, stalking, etc etc etc. I think he wants to do this his way, mono et mono, not go through the department.

Lundy has Doakes tied to just as many of the cases as Dexter has, he's got a pattern of acting eratically, two shootings in recent past (including the Hatian guy that got covered up). Now granted, that rash behavior is not quite the BHB style, but it could be attributed to the noose tightening around his neck and he's getting scared.

Of course, Doakes (who also took the vigilante route with the Hatian) might decide that Dexter doing what he does isn't entirely a bad thing....

Doakes hates Dexter and would never approve of what Dexter is doing. It became an obsession for Doakes. And Doakes really has no reasons to turn the slides in, so

SPOILER: Preview
how come Lundy has them? Did they arrest Doakes with them? It's the only reasonable explanation.

Doakes does have one glaring thing against him. He walked out on Lundy, missed an 'important' dinner meeting about his future career, and thus is completely unaccounted for during the time period when the latest butcher victim was killed, yet not properly disposed of. All people know is that he wasn't where is was supposed to be and the Butcher got another kill. That shit almost has to level suspicion on him.

Best thing on TV (other than KU sports :P )!

It does appear they're setting up Doakes as the fall guy, but I can't imagine that holding up or long.

I'm pretty sure Lila is going to meet the monster. The look in Dexter's eyes at the end of the episode was fantastic (what an actor!).

Masuka was phenomenal this week. I'm not surprised at the gun he was sporting, totally fits his personality.

"If you like little things, I'm your man."

"That's exactly how Hitler walked."

:lmao:

Please, please let this be a 13+ episode season. :Runs to find out:

ETA: looks like it's 12 episodes, I guess that's better than 10.

Doakes does have one glaring thing against him. He walked out on Lundy, missed an 'important' dinner meeting about his future career, and thus is completely unaccounted for during the time period when the latest butcher victim was killed, yet not properly disposed of. All people know is that he wasn't where is was supposed to be and the Butcher got another kill. That shit almost has to level suspicion on him.

AND he was asking about that file regarding that old case involving Dexter and his family. That would open up a whole can of worms for Dexter but it's destroyed. The thing is that Doakes was being Doakes, pushing to get a file about an old murder. Perfect for a BHB suspect.

Think Dexter is going to see Lila's monster first? She looked so sad as the lost little girl when he confronted her and broke up with her. But if she starts using again and wants to get even? :uhoh:

Fabulous show. I haven't been this excited about a TV series since the Wanderers, and while I think the Wanderers is the better of the two, it never gave me fuck yeah next episode NAO vibes Dexter is giving me, so it's all good.

I think that Doakes sends the blood slides in anonymously after finding who the samples belong to, since he'd be the type to make it a personal matter to confront Dexter about it. Or, if they get taken from him, he won't be caught immediately afterwards. I have a hard time believing Doakes would take the rap quietly, and while the evidence speaks largely against Doakesy, Lundy is a smart guy and Dexter would be screwed. I don't see the series ending with Doakes convicted and heavy suspicion laying on Dexter, so if Doakes is implicated, I think he'll remain at large.

Why did Lundy revealing the fact about sloppy bloodwork to Doakes promt him to immediately break into Dexter's apartment?

Is is simply because Doakes knows Dexter never does sloppy blood work? That it happened in one case made him suspicious enough to break into Dexter's apt?

That it happened in one case made him suspicious enough to break into Dexter's apt?

Doakes knows that Dexter is guilty of something, with or without evidence. Anything that points to any direction is enough to make him suspicious.

Think Dexter is going to see Lila's monster first? She looked so sad as the lost little girl when he confronted her and broke up with her. But if she starts using again and wants to get even? :uhoh:

Hey Trebs, how ya been?

From one of the preview trailers it looks like Lila may go after Batista - either to get back at Dexter or stay close to him, maybe. Remember at the bowling alley Batista muttered "She's hot" - this show is so good at dropping little things like that but never forgetting to pick up the thread later. Tight writing!

Finally caught up with the second season. First season was great, but they really took things to a different level recently. The show have been relentless this year.

Regarding speculation about Dex killing Doakes or Lundy: I just can't see it. Dexter is still the lead character, he remains sympathetic to the audiences despite all his flaws, mainly because he targerts those who deserve. If he starts killing innocents, that would be just too much.

Doakes, for all his anger and control issues, is a "good guy". Pushing the envelope a bit in regards to the civil rights of the occasional suspect, sure. But a committed law enforcement officer. Lundy is a choirboy. While it maybe interesting to explore the mind and motivations of a character like Dexter, he is no fucking hero. Dexter killing either one of them would completely push him into the nothing-special serial killer mode. Agree or disagree with Harry's "code", once Dexter starts killing good guys, he needs to be put down like a rabid dog.

Doakes is more similar to Dexter than you make it out to be. He executed that Haitian in cold blood in season 1, so he's a killer as well.

ok, let me be the first to call B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T on this one.

Manipulative, contrived, almost idiotic bullshit as a matter of fact.

So Sword, how do you really feel?

They set it up pretty well, though - well enough for us to predict it weeks ago. :) Did require some... coincidences, though.

SPOILER: what now?

But I thought it would end with Doakes dying. Now that he's alive... I agree with your previous assessment that there's no way he can kill Doakes & still remain a viable character. Seriously wondering whether the writers can pull Dex out of the fire without some serious Deus ex machina.

Archived