Margaery the Younger, More Beautiful Queen: Or another Cersei Theory

Kynan

This is why I think Cersei is Cersei's Queen, she's caused all her own problems.

100% agree with you on this point.

The only one who's really taken everything from cersei is cersei.

The list for the younger more beautiful queen goes on and on but only few people have actually met the requirements. The rest are people who are younger than her and happen to be pretty.

The only queen "younger and more beautiful" than Cersei is Daenerys. Although I don't think it's her. The timing isn't right.

I agree with others who say that the younger and more beautiful queen is actually cersei herself.

Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear- Maggy the frog

Cersei is pretty self destructive in nature. I feel her downfall will be entirely her responsibility. The only part that doesn't work is the " until there comes another"

I personally hold true to the belief that Sansa is the YMBQ. She has been through nothing but torture for the majority of the story, so it's about time that she gets some poetic justice.

As for the Valonqar, I like to think this will be Arya. I know that "Valonqar" has been translated to "Little Brother," but Arya could potentially still fit this description, albeit loosely. Sansa always considered Arya to be too boyish and it is well known that Arya never considered herself to be "a lady" so it could work in a nontraditional sense.

BUT HOW? Great question!

I think it could happen this way:

We are all aware that the iron bank has been thoroughly pissed off by Cersei for ironically not paying her debts. It is also well known that "the iron bank will have its due." I just recently read the Braavos section in the world book, and they say something along the lines of, "It is widely believed that the iron bank will hire assassins when a leader can not be displaced by other means." Hmmm, if only there were an assassin in Braavos that the audience is already familiar with... We already know that the Iron Bank is working with Stannis, so why not send "a girl" from Braavos to kill Cersei?

Maybe I'm approaching tinfoil territory but I would love to see this.

I like your Arya idea. I think it would fit the show better than the book but I wont be unhappy if Arya gets her hands on Cersei.

My argument against Arya bein the Valonquar is that simply being in Braavos doesn't mean an automatic link to another Bravossi institution. Braavos being a free, city-state and all.

I personally hold true to the belief that Sansa is the YMBQ. She has been through nothing but torture for the majority of the story, so it's about time that she gets some poetic justice.

As for the Valonqar, I like to think this will be Arya. I know that "Valonqar" has been translated to "Little Brother," but Arya could potentially still fit this description, albeit loosely. Sansa always considered Arya to be too boyish and it is well known that Arya never considered herself to be "a lady" so it could work in a nontraditional sense.

BUT HOW? Great question!

I think it could happen this way:

We are all aware that the iron bank has been thoroughly pissed off by Cersei for ironically not paying her debts. It is also well known that "the iron bank will have its due." I just recently read the Braavos section in the world book, and they say something along the lines of, "It is widely believed that the iron bank will hire assassins when a leader can not be displaced by other means." Hmmm, if only there were an assassin in Braavos that the audience is already familiar with... We already know that the Iron Bank is working with Stannis, so why not send "a girl" from Braavos to kill Cersei?

Maybe I'm approaching tinfoil territory but I would love to see this.

Jaime being the valonqar is too beautiful to destroy. I like arya being the valonqar too but the faceless men killing cersei doesn't add up.

They know Arya is lying, they know she isn't no one, and if they know this they won't send her to westeros. She's only a faceless man when it's clear that she's abandoned her identity.

Also Cersei will be strangled to death, if it was Arya wouldn't she kill her with needle? After all needle represents everything she has lost, and she lost them due to Cersei. If Arya were to kill her I think this is the method she would use.

I kind of agree with the "little brother" part, but that could only apply to her.

Yeah, according to the wording of the prophecy, it's going to be someone other than Cersei.

If it's not Cersei then I'll settle for the idea that it is whoever Cersei thinks it is.

Like she thinks it's margaery so it's currently margaery as she's ticking off all the boxes.

Next it will be arianne.

Next it will be daenerys.

Next it will be sansa. Because that's what she thinks and therefore it's coming true.

Or it will be Sansa next, after all the idea has been planted in her head due to Cersei seeing Sansa in her walk of shame.

So it will be Sansa, Arianne, daenerys or whoever else.

But I'm still clinging to the belief it's cersei.

That's alright. I just think Sansa would be a better fit especially because of the poetic justice of Cersei's downfall at the hands of a Stark.

Why Sansa? She isn't even a queen, to be a Queen Sansa would need to marry a king (doubt she will crown herself queen of north like Robb).

The profecy is clear, it says that this queen will stole everything dear to Cercei, what is dear to Cercei? Her children and her "power position".

Margaery is already fullfilling the profecy, her granny killed Joeffrey, she married Tommen .

If we're going to the younger more beautiful queen simply claiming the throne then it will be Daenerys, but i think Cercei will lose her children before that event.

• 4 months later...

Basically, I think that Margaery will be the younger, more beautiful queen and the trail will be how Cersei Lannister is 'thrown down'. I think that instead of being killed or anything, she will lose her rights as a 'queen', therefore throwing down Cersei. That will enrage here and she will set Frankenstein Mountain out on the Tyrells, which accidentally kills Margaery and Tommen. She then offers, under the suggestion of someone with more smarts, to marry Myrcella once the betrothal to the Dorne boy is ended to a Tyrell boy, without success. Mrcella, meanwhile, will be brought down with the Martells to meet Aegon, who will treat her well. Cersei will have her crowned without her being there and Myrcella will a somehow die, perhaps by greyscale unknowingly brought by Tyrion. Now without her children, Cersei will burn down King's Landing and this shall be Tyrion killing her, as he destroyed her last hope and drove her to this. What do you think?

Take Tyrion out of this theory for a second. Jamie (her younger brother) may kill her because she wants to or did burn down Kings Landing....just like Jamie killed the Mad king when he wanted to burn down KL.

Why Sansa? She isn't even a queen, to be a Queen Sansa would need to marry a king (doubt she will crown herself queen of north like Robb).

The profecy is clear, it says that this queen will stole everything dear to Cercei, what is dear to Cercei? Her children and her "power position".

Margaery is already fullfilling the profecy, her granny killed Joeffrey, she married Tommen .

If we're going to the younger more beautiful queen simply claiming the throne then it will be Daenerys, but i think Cercei will lose her children before that event.

The thing is the prophesy states:

“Queen you shall be,” the old woman had promised, with her lips still wet and red and glistening, “Until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear.”

So who is another? a Queen or just a younger more beautiful person and what is Maggy's definition of beautiful? great looks or a kind,caring and gentle heart ?

If it's a more beautiful Queen it be Marg or Danny, at the time of the prophesy Cersei wasn't a Queen, and though she was more than likely beautiful in looks, she was already a horrendous person; she tormented Tyrion, and pushed a friend down a well; so if it's Ceresi fulfilling her end it doesn't match the prophesy she is younger but not more beautiful.

It could be Margery, but she is more then likely in deep doo doo, she is pretty but not compared to a younger Cersei and because Cersei let herself go Marg easily looks better, but her caring heart is a bit lacking, she is kind when need be, but she is willing to throw two innocent people under the bus to become The Queen, she did take Tommen from Cersei and may been involved with the plot to ice Joffry.

Danny- Considered extremely beautiful platinum Blond purple eyes,easily beats young and old Cersei, is a queen in a foreign land, has done some questionable things usually for the right reason but may not be the best choices.

Danny has no real tie in with Cersei on a personal level, Cersei was not responsible for her father's or brothers death, that would fall on Jamie and Tywin.

She hasn't taken anything away from Cersei yet, and by the time she gets to Westeros Cersei will be alone, her kids all gone and with their death goes her power, forsaken by Jamie through other peoples actions along with Cersei's own.

So I put Danny near the bottom, could still be her but I don't think so.

That leaves three; either Sansa, Arya or Brienne - all are beautiful in different ways, two are naive, innocent in different ways, each have taken at least some things from Cersei directly or indirectly but of the three; only two of them have a direct personal connection with Cersei and that's Arya and Sansa: Cersei took Sansa's  wolf because she could not get a hold of Arya's, Arya's actions caused Nymeria to injure Joffry and humiliate her son and her house her son's actions caused a war that took their parents and brother,at this point Arya leaves this connection as she escapes KL,but there is one other connection between Cersei and Arya that is LYANNA Arya is always said to be Lyanna's image and she could take everything of importants to Cersei if they meet and that would be Cersei's life.

Cersei, Sansa and LF are connected and Cersei like LF has a hatred for the Starks.

Cersei has a bounty on Sansa's life, she let Joffry beat her and torment her, had plans for Illyn Payne to kill her if the BBW was lost and actively tried to keep her drunk in the holdfast, always mentally abusing her etc.

So if I venture to guess who will cast her down I say Sansa, but I keep in the back of my head that Arya will kill her looking like her aunt Lyanna ( but it just may be Jamie).

One way or another I think it will be a Lady Stark.

Who do you think Lady Stoneheart intends to crown? It won't be Jon Snow. Sansa is the likely one. She Stark and Tully blood needed to keep both the North and Riverlands behind her.

Who do you think Lady Stoneheart intends to crown? It won't be Jon Snow. Sansa is the likely one. She Stark and Tully blood needed to keep both the North and Riverlands behind her.

I think it is quite possible she would revive and crown Jon Snow. It's all based on Robb's will.

Furthermore, I think for the Cersei prophecy the younger and more beautiful queen will need to play an active part in bringing Cersei down. Just having Sansa made Queen in the North doesn't really advance that, although I will admit it does make her queen.

I think it is quite possible she would revive and crown Jon Snow. It's all based on Robb's will.

Furthermore, I think for the Cersei prophecy the younger and more beautiful queen will need to play an active part in bringing Cersei down. Just having Sansa made Queen in the North doesn't really advance that, although I will admit it does make her queen.

Don't think LSH cares about Robb's Will to be honest.

It seems to me that prophecies has a way of fulfilling themselves, or rather, they get fulfilled by the ones who act on them. So, in a way, it does not really matter who is truly the younger queen. What matters is who Cersei thinks is the younger queen and then she will act on that, creating her own downfall. (In  the way that Voldemort chose his enemy by marking Harry instead of Neville. )

I agree with this completely. Can a prophecy really be considered 'real' if someone is actively working for or against its coming true? The idea was planted in Cersei's head and the person she is has allowed the idea to take root and consume her. If not Margaery, then someone else. Probably Sansa. And if not Tyrion, well, she does have a slightly younger twin.

Archived