Small Questions v. 10100

Thanks for both answers. I am thinking we got a potential spoiler in the last show episode as the flaming heart was displayed among the statues at the House of B/W.

Is it just me or the many faced God has statues of deities representing Death in the books? I think i recall that the Stranger is the only one of the Seven, for example.

The Stranger is the only one Arya mentions, but out of 30 gods, she mentions only seven. So the other six of the Seven might also be there.

Thirty different gods stood along the walls, surrounded by their little lights. The Weeping Woman was the favorite of old women, Arya saw; rich men preferred the Lion of Night, poor men the Hooded Wayfarer. Soldiers lit candles to Bakkalon, the Pale Child, sailors to the Moon-Pale Maiden and the Merling King. The Stranger had his shrine as well, though hardly anyone ever came to him. Most of the time only a single candle stood flickering at his feet. The kindly man said it did not matter. “He has many faces, and many ears to hear.”

Yeah :(

if you wanna hear exactly what he said. It's not clear if It will play out like it did on the show. Some people seem to think Melisandre will burn her without Stannis's consent.

Yes, but being a warg doesn't necessarily mean you can skinchange into other animals since dogs and wovles are supposed to be the easiest to slip into.

Melisandre will probably take that pink letter too literally, and she and the lady with the mustache will act out of desperation. :crying:

(Sorry I know I'm asking alot of questions on here but) where do the brothers of the nights watch get the money to pay moles town whores? Why would the NW pay their members? They have nothing to buy. The NW feeds and shelters them, so what's up with the extra money that should be of no use to them.

(Sorry I know I'm asking alot of questions on here but)

Don't worry about it, that's what the thread is for.

where do the brothers of the nights watch get the money to pay moles town whores? Why would the NW pay their members? They have nothing to buy. The NW feeds and shelters them, so what's up with the extra money that should be of no use to them.

I assume that the Night's Watch does not pay the Black Brothers any wages in coin for their service - they get their provisions for free, after all.

What I was wondering...how do the Brothers pay the whores in Moletown? Since they're not using coin, do they pay in naturalia filched from Night Watch' stores?

I guess some women so far north would choose such a life (given that life is relatively harsher than farther south), even if they are not paid in coin...

A lot of the Mole's Town transactions are paid by barter, certaintly, but there is coin at the Wall... not much, though, especially these days... (see following answer). Some coin comes north with the highborn brothers... someone like Ser Waymar Royce undoubtedly arrived well heeled, and I imagine families send gifts and such as well... and there's trade that goes in and out of Eastwatch...

http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/SSM/Entry/Various_ASoIaF_Questions

Yeah :(

if you wanna hear exactly what he said. It's not clear if It will play out like it did on the show. Some people seem to think Melisandre will burn her without Stannis's consent.

Yes, but being a warg doesn't necessarily mean you can skinchange into other animals since dogs and wovles are supposed to be the easiest to slip into.

I thought it was that dogs were the easiest because they are so like men but wolves were the hardest animals because you can never tame a wolf.

I thought it was that dogs were the easiest because they are so like men but wolves were the hardest animals because you can never tame a wolf.

He does say that wolves are harder than dogs, but does not indicate that they are the hardest animal to skinchange into. But I do stand corrected I shouldn't have said wolves were among the easiest.

He does say that wolves are harder than dogs, but does not indicate that they are the hardest animal to skinchange into. But I do stand corrected I shouldn't have said wolves were among the easiest.

Wolves are difficult but I should think a direwolf would be wilder and smarter and much more challenging to control. With that said, it is interesting that the very powerful Varamyr controlled a shadowcat and a snow bear in addition to three wolves and an eagle. Certainly the feral shadowcat and snow bear would have been difficult to skinchange.

Controlling a human should be beyond the capability of all but a very few skinchangers. Dragons, on a scale of Human to Dog, would likely figure near the top of the skinchanging difficulty ratings.

In DWG chapter 1

Varaymr has open thoughts about being a Warg and some of the training he received from Haggon.

Haggon claims that warging a man is the worst abomination of all. Even worse than eating man flesh.

Does this not bode well for Bran since he warged Hodor? Possible Jojen paste?

Whom do you PM to lock a thread?

Just use the report button, it's next to the quote button.

In DWG chapter 1

Varaymr has open thoughts about being a Warg and some of the training he received from Haggon.

Haggon claims that warging a man is the worst abomination of all. Even worse than eating man flesh.

Does this not bode well for Bran since he warged Hodor? Possible Jojen paste?

It probably doesn't bode well for Bran, but I'm not sure why you would think it supports the Jojenpaste theory. The fact that Bran is violating one social taboo is not an indication that he will violate another. Just as you wouldn't assume Jaime and Cersie's incest would indicate they were more likely to indulge in cannibalism.

Where are (and why aren't the latest versions pinned) the Wow, I never noticed that...

threads?

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/128424-wow-i-never-noticed-that-v-12/page-9

These have never been pinned.. and since there are quite a lot pinned already in the general subforum, I don't think they'll become pinned anytime soon..

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/128424-wow-i-never-noticed-that-v-12/page-9

These have never been pinned.. and since there are quite a lot pinned already in the general subforum, I don't think they'll become pinned anytime soon..

Thanks for the link, I'm nearly through them all now.

And I wouldn't really call 5-6 threads a lot to be pinned. Plus these threads are full of loads of little gems. Ah well.

Did Brandon ever wield Ice? Or was it his father's at the time he died? Does anybody ever say?

He may have practiced with it or something, but it would have been Rickard's until their deaths.

Where are (and why aren't the latest versions pinned) the

Wow, I never noticed that...

threads?

I use my own signature to find it when I need it :)

Archived