Cycling 2015 - froomes turn to try to double up!

BigFatCoward

yeah that was a bit off last year a bit like the wheel incident last night is a bit off. Rider from another team trying to keep one of the top 3 guys in the race after a mechanical and the giro penalises them And at the time the official giro twitter sent a tweet out showing an act of sportsmanship and saying this is why they love cycling.

harsh as fuck, but you really should know the fucking rules. i reckon vino and olga paid someone a pretty penny for that fine.

It's a major, major bummer though.

Porte was looking great and this ridiculous rule being implemented robs the Giro of three-horse battle.

IMO they should not have given that fine.

It's a major, major bummer though.

Porte was looking great and this ridiculous rule being implemented robs the Giro of three-horse battle.

IMO they should not have given that fine.

a fair fine would have been 13 seconds IMO.

I hope you don't mean this part neutralized but not really stage. He was clearly the best in last year Giro but this left bitter taste in my mouth.

The communication on the night was confused as hell, and he clearly wasn't the only rider who didn't appear under the impression it wasn't neutralized. He took just as much time on the climb up the next hill as he gained on that descent, don't try and take away from an amazing ride through brutal conditions.

The communication on the night was confused as hell, and he clearly wasn't the only rider who didn't appear under the impression it wasn't neutralized. He took just as much time on the climb up the next hill as he gained on that descent, don't try and take away from an amazing ride through brutal conditions.

Yes, he wasn't the only one, but let's not act like they didn't know what is happening around them. Motocycle and red flag etc. Even Unzue said after the stage that his gain on that descent should not be taken into account. If his DS said such things, well, they must now this stinks.

And yes, he gained on the next climb and I know that he was the best in Giro2014. My point is, he was such amazing rider in that race and yet he decided to exploit such situation.

But karma is a bitch, so he crashed not only on the easy flat stage but in TT in Vuelta and I can't say that I didn't have a lot of schadenfreude. So I guess now I can watch races with him with a clear mind :)

BTW Froome and cobblestones - last year Froome didn't make it to them, he crashed earlier on asphalt road, so I guess we still don't know if he could make it. But it was quite entertaining, reading all Sky complaints about cobblestones in the Tour and then their protege having problems on straight albeit wet road… Fun times.

I must confess, spring classic season is my favourite time in cycling calendar so any addiction of northern roads in Tour make me happy :) Stage 5 last year was the best ever in my TdF watching history.

I had forgotten he crashed before even making it to the cobblestones (Froome), that it was the cobblestones stage marred my memory. Obviously it was the fall a previous day that had done the main damage though.

I think todays route may be the flattest in grand tour history. Not even going to bother watching.

So you conjured the stage ;)

I feel so sorry for Porte, everytime he loses precious minutes is not really his fault. Today he looked resigned even before the finish line.

tough break for Porte. He looked like he had gone through 12 rounds when he rolled into the finish.

I'm kind of pissed. I got to work from home today and watch the stage but i get stuck watching a flat sprinter stage. Was hoping for a mountain grind!

I guess i should just be happy we have coverage in the US. Now that I'm pumped up watching the race I'm going out for a ride!

And there goes any pretense that the Giro was going to be a contest.

From Sky's point of view, it may be a disaster, but they still have 2 stage wins, Konig in the top ten, and Viviani with a chance of the red jersey. And that's what they didn't have at the tour last year, a decent plan B.

And there goes any pretense that the Giro was going to be a contest.

It's just a complete no-contest now. A fantastic schedule of races yet to go, but no riders to compete with Contador.

That attack from contador was great yesterday

riding like a boss. it seems that everyone other than ryder (definitely my star of the giro) has settled for what they have. still like to see if landa can properly crack bertie one on one. the finestre is brutal, wonder if aru will crack after his exploits yesterday.

and he paid for it today. astana could have won this if they had commited to landa from the start possibly.

richie must have been watching from home and shaking his head at what might have been.

He must have. He surely looked like he would have had a very good shot.

Aru couldn't replicate last year's power but finishes in great style. Will be interesting to see how he behaves next to Nibali in the Tour.

Shame about Contador looking a bit bleak this last week. Tough I did not see the great attack Imanon referred to.

But a deserved winner all in all. I had never heard of Landa before this Giro though. Does his performance say much about his potential or about the relatively weak field of contenders this Giro, I wonder.

Archived