R+L=J and D?

Tyrion's Brain

I have my own theory on her parents. I think her parents may be Rhaegar and Lyanna. Theory is Lyanna is already pregnant (with jon) when "kidnapped", hence the abrupt departure (Possibly a few rendezvous with Rhaeger hanging around the Fell). She has baby 1 right before the battle of bells. Rhaegar goes back to Lyanna after battle and before he leaves for the trident he gets her pregnant again (Dany). Ned finds her with Wylla and Jon in the tower. He takes Jon and leaves Dany due to hair color. But the quick succession of births is what kills her.

Jon and Dany seem to parrallel in how they act and react to similar situations. Also might explain the absolute disdain Viserys had for her. Could also explain the red door for perhaps they were sheltered in Dorne for a while? I know it's crackpot but would love to hear from other people on this. Try to be nice :)

Lyanna dies of puerperal fever. It's an infection contracted during childbirth that uses the open wounds of the womb to enter the body. Without antibiotics the woman dies within 7-10 days after childbirth from sceptic shock. It used to be nicknamed the doctor's fever, because of malpractice with regards to hygiene. One of Henry VIII's wives died of it after her first child and only son he ever got. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerperal_infections

So, Lyanna's death has nothing to do with how many times she was pregnant. She birthed a child in a tower with little aid and poor hygiene for sure. That's it. The ToJ was a death trap for a woman about to deliver, without a source of fresh water nearby, and little aid besides perhaps one handmaiden/nurse such as Wylla and 3KG who know nothing about birthing babies.

Other than that - nope :)

Jon Snow was born in 283, and Daenerys was born in 284. It's not possible for them to be twins. If Daenerys is not Rhaella's daughter, it begs the question of how Daenerys ended up with Viserys in the first place.

ETA: I misread, and thought you meant twins. :O

Daenerys is still too young to be Lyanna's child, however. Daenerys was born about 8-9 months after the sack of KL, which occurred in 283. Lyanna also died in 283.

Jon Snow was born in 283, and Daenerys was born in 284. It's not possible for them to be twins. If Daenerys is not Rhaella's daughter, it begs the question of how Daenerys ended up with Viserys in the first place.

I think he tries to say that Lyanna already had a kid by Rhaegar before the abduction, and then a year later at ToJ, and that thus Dany in fact 2 years older is than thought ;)

Have we actually forgotten the origin of Stormborn?

Dany's birth was a public event. Quite a memorable one, given that she even got the name out of it. All theories become nulled when we have that little fact in mind.

Have we actually forgotten the origin of Stormborn?

Dany's birth was a public event. Quite a memorable one, given that she even got the name out of it. All theories become nulled when we have that little fact in mind.

I didn't forget but it all comes through Viserys? I think. So it wouldn't be out if the realm of possibility he comes up with an elaborate story such as that. The less she knows about truth the less questions she asks. Like i said though just a crackpot been waiting for the 6th book too long theory

Lyanna dies of puerperal fever. It's an infection contracted during childbirth that uses the open wounds of the womb to enter the body. Without antibiotics the woman dies within 7-10 days after childbirth from sceptic shock. It used to be nicknamed the doctor's fever, because of malpractice with regards to hygiene. One of Henry VIII's wives died of it after her first child and only son he ever got. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puerperal_infections

So, Lyanna's death has nothing to do with how many times she was pregnant. She birthed a child in a tower with little aid and poor hygiene for sure. That's it. The ToJ was a death trap for a woman about to deliver, without a source of fresh water nearby, and little aid besides perhaps one handmaiden/nurse such as Wylla and 3KG who know nothing about birthing babies.

Other than that - nope :)

Yes very aware of the whole Tudor dynasty. Yes very common for women to due during childbirth in those days. Just throwing stuff out there seeing if anything sticks.

Side question since search isn't working. Are there any threads regarding how Gared got south of the wall without passing through Castle Black? Did he know about the gate at the Nightsfort? It didn't seen like common knowledge when cold hands brought Sam there

Side question since search isn't working. Are there any threads regarding how Gared got south of the wall without passing through Castle Black? Did he know about the gate at the Nightsfort? It didn't seen like common knowledge when cold hands brought Sam there

Gared is a ranger and already with the NW for a long time, so yes, he'd know about which gates to use to get through the wall to the other side.

No.

Dany is about nine months younger than Jon. And she was conceived about two weeks after Rhaegar was dead (and far, far away from any potential mother).

Nope. Nobody on the entire Watch knows about it until Coldhands leads Sam to it. That's why he has to show them later.

maybe i should start a thread? I'm guessing he made it through the caves

The Wall can be climbed. It can be bypassed across the Gorge. And it can be circumvented by boat.

It's not impossible to avoid the castles. Just difficult. And the caves would be the most difficult of all variants, like a thousand times as difficult.

I've tried to justify theories like this more times than I can count - unfortunately, I always come to the realization that I (like many others who come to conclusions like this) stretch and bend the meaning of different things to suit theories that we wish were true rather than that are true. But there are just waaaay too many things that don't add up.

George said Dany was born 9 months after Jon, during the siege at DS. Lyanna died soon after the sack of KL. Not physically possible. Come on, there is literally zero reason to believe Dany is not who she thinks she is. ZERO. I don't understand this obsession to try and change canonically established facts just for the sake of solving a mystery that doesn't exist.

I've tried to justify theories like this more times than I can count - unfortunately, I always come to the realization that I (like many others who come to conclusions like this) stretch and bend the meaning of different things to suit theories that we wish were true rather than that are true. But there are just waaaay too many things that don't add up.

Definitely a bunch of things that don't add up. I am not a believer of this. I just thought it was an interesting idea that i wanted to throw around.

Archived