Where do we go from Here, part 2 (Spoilers Galore)

Fragile Bird

my reaction upon seeing them sail through valyria was "JESUS NO, NOT JORAH". i am sadface.

The stupidity of it was unreal. Sigh R.I.P. beautiful Iain Glen.

Stupidity? No, hardly. A brilliant piece of adapting, merging two characters. Connington isn't dead yet either, so he'll live for a while.

I don't know why I'm surprised by this anymore, but I find the massive amount of screen/book-crushers upset at the treatment of their favorite characters to be INCREDIBLY amusing. What book series have you been reading? Do your favorite side characters have great endings in that parallel universe version of ASOIAF?

I think Jon will be attacked as he's letting the wildlings through the gate. It would be an exciting sequence - the wildlings finally getting through and humanity triumphing, and then Jon is attacked and the men of the nights' watch attempt to close the gate while the wildlings fight to keep it open. I think that would make a lot more sense for the show than the pink letter sequence.

I think Ramsay will kill Fat Walda. He was definitely thinking about it. And Fat Walda was always the most obvious choice as a replacement for the Walder kid.

I doubt Stannis will die this season. And while one of the Boltons might die, I think they both have a decent chance of surviving. The northern battle that the show-runners filmed was Hardholme - they didn't film a big battle of Winterfell this year. So I'm guessing that the Winterfell arc will end about where it did in the books - Sansa and Theon get to Stannis outside Winterfell.

I do think Yara will probably pop up soon in Stannis' story.

She "chose" to marry someone who she didn't think was a worse version of Joffrey. I think that illusion is already coming down and it's likely to get much worse.

LF offers marriage to Bolton as the first steps in a revenge game: "You’ve been a bystander to tragedy since the day they executed your father. Stop being a bystander. There's no justice in the world, not unless we make it. You loved your family, avenge them." I don't think she's marrying Ramsay thinking that he'll be nice. She's marrying him to destroy him and take WF.

...I think.

It looks like we're getting Oldtown afterall, which means probably Euron next season. Sam, Gilly and Maester Aemon may take off.

Not sure what they're doing with Shireen, the show has been hinting that Mel will try to burn her, so they may take her along.

It's true, Stannis is now sympathetic enough for the show to kill him off but it feels too soon this season.

Sansa/Theon/Brienne will be some sort of mashup of help from outside and inside plus the jump. I'm not sure if one of the Boltons will die this season or not.

Could the bringing up of Oldtown merely be to get Sam there to just get us all the exposition about prophecies and how to fight the white walkers and setting up the reveal of Jon Snow's parentage?

You know, with all the talk of Oldtown and the use of the teleporter that allows them to move from region to region instantly, Sam will go to Oldtown, learn what he needs, and then be back in the span of two episodes MAX. You heard it hear first.

So, I wonder whether, what with all of the talk about "The North Remembers, " the show is going to serve some Frey pies at Sansa's wedding? The problem is I'm not sure what Northern lord or lady would secure the key ingredients, as it were. We don't have any recognizable Winterfell characters left.

Maybe the Blackfish could finally come back from his season long bathroom break to attend his niece's wedding? And perhaps bump off a couple of Frey lords who were also on the way to the wedding? Or maybe Theon, but his big sin was already killing kids. If the show decides to use kids to stuff the pies - which i doubt they will - I'm not sure they could swing Theon killing more kids as justice.

Edit to go super dark: Roose wouldn't care if random Frey lords were in pies. But he would care about Fat Walda. The trouble with that being that people would notice her disappearance right away...

Could the bringing up of Oldtown merely be to get Sam there to just get us all the exposition about prophecies and how to fight the white walkers and setting up the reveal of Jon Snow's parentage?

I think they brought up Oldtown in the context of libraries where secrets may be buried. There might be a secret at the CB library, which is why Stannis suggests that Sam keep reading. I'm not sure if there's time for Sam and Gilly to travel to Oldtown, discover secrets, and come back.

Jorah's greyscale is positioning him to be a replacement for Quentyn. He knows he's going to die, so he goes on a suicide mission to free the dragons. No one left in Meereen can do it.

Also, Stannis will never sit the Iron Throne, and if he does it won’t be for long. The strong characters in Martin’s books are always flexible and adaptable, usually having experienced some sort of physical trauma that alters their identity and makes them evolve. Jaime loses his sword hand. Bran loses his legs. Eunuchs. Doran Martell’s arthritis. Dany’s barrenness. Tyrion’s stature and facial scarring. Littlefinger’s scar from Brandon Stark. Characters that refuse to adapt usually just die. Eddard, Robb, Tywin, Joffrey, Oberyn, etc. If a character is single-minded, they’re usually marked for death in Martin’s books. Stannis has been described on multiple occasions as inflexible, strong but brittle. He ain’t gonna make it, and I'm not sure Dany will either since she's starting to act a bit like the Mad King.

We may be getting set up for a big relief next week - wishful thinking but I need the hope right now.

About the bedding next week, this potential twist gives me hope: What if the Theon crying, the visual ends up being a "Fail". Ramsay likes rough sex and rape. So, what if Sansa acts like a "lady" and Ramsay cannot "get it up", he tries but just cannot. He may call in Myranda or for wine but Sansa, after all of this buildup and angst, remains Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. Theon, having watched the failed attempt is traumatized enough to start snapping out of Reek mode and Sansa will encourage him the rest of the way but this failed attempt will trigger Ramsay's mental disfunctions. Now, Roose will want the bed sheet inspected and it will either be clean or Ramsay make prick his finger or something and bloody it that way and threaten Sansa not to say a word. Meanwhile, Littlefinger pulls his slimey ways in Kings Landing and gets clearance through Cersei to fight Vale against Stannis while teaming up with Bolton, Littlefinger is headed to Wintefell with Vale troops to austensibly fight Stannis. While this is going on, Pod might infiltrate Winterfell and make direct contact with Sansa and Theon will tell Sansa about her brothers. Sansa will determine to get her family back and play the Stark game and no longer the Littlefinger game. When Littlefinger arrives, Sansa and he are alone and she gives him hell for the situation. Littlefinger may assure her that it will be ok but if there is going to have shit go down, it will be when Ramsay tries to consummate the marriage for real. that is when Sansa will most likely survive a true rape attempt because she will have candles lit and Littlefinger and the Vale men may intervene. However, Sansa will flee with Theon to Brienne as she now knows that her brothers are her course and she is no longer "partnering" with Littlefinger.

This, way, Sansa stays a virgin despite a close call, we breath better, Theon is back and the Stark boys could be comming

home. The best part is the Boltons would lose Sansa and Littlefinger may lose her too, driving him nuts.

I think they brought up Oldtown in the context of libraries where secrets may be buried. There might be a secret at the CB library, which is why Stannis suggests that Sam keep reading. I'm not sure if there's time for Sam and Gilly to travel to Oldtown, discover secrets, and come back.

That is reasonable. That would be a good set-up for Sam to find "the exposition" in the library at Castle Black. That also gives me the idea that Jon just sends/has sent to Oldtown for a new Maester since Aemon is not well. Said new Maester arrives with the requisite information from the Oldtown arc in the books.

We may be getting set up for a big relief next week

About the bedding next week, this potential twist gives me hope: What if the Theon crying, the visual ends up being a "Fail". Ramsay likes rough sex and rape. So, what if Sansa acts like a "lady" and Ramsay cannot "get it up", he tries but just cannot. He may call in Myranda or for wine but Sansa, after all of this buildup and angst, remains Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken. Theon, having watched the failed attempt is traumatized enough to start snapping out of Reek mode and Sansa will encourage him the rest of the way but this failed attempt will trigger Ramsay's mental disfunctions. Now, Roose will want the bed sheet inspected and it will either be clean or Ramsay make prick his finger or something and bloody it that way and threaten Sansa not to say a word. Meanwhile, Littlefinger pulls his slimey ways in Kings Landing and gets clearance through Cersei to fight Vale against Stannis while teaming up with Bolton, Littlefinger is headed to Wintefell with Vale troops to austensibly fight Stannis. While this is going on, Pod might infiltrate Winterfell and make direct contact with Sansa and Theon will tell Sansa about her brothers. Sansa will determine to get her family back and play the Stark game and no longer the Littlefinger game. When Littlefinger arrives, Sansa and he are alone and she gives him hell for the situation. Littlefinger may assure her that it will be ok but if there is going to have shit go down, it will be when Ramsay tries to consummate the marriage for real. that is when Sansa will most likely survive a true rape attempt becaus she will have candles lit and Littlefinger and the Vale men may intervene. However, Sansa will flee with Theon to Brienne as she now knows that her brothers are her course and she is no longer "partnering" with Littlefinger.

This, way, Sansa stays a virgin despite a close call, we breath better, Theon is back and the Stark boys could be comming

home. The best part is the Boltons would lose Sansa and Littlefinger may lose her too, driving him nuts.

not going to happen, ramsay going to consummate the marriage right after the wedding. he takes what he wants. He will use the bedding to torture both reek and Sansa.

not going to happen, ramsay going to consummate the marriage right after the wedding. he takes what he wants. He will use the bedding to torture both reek and Sansa.

You are probably right but I need a little hope and logic. There is no viable reason for Sansa to willingly bed Ramsay Bolton. She probably will, if he can do his part.

She "chose" to marry someone who she didn't think was a worse version of Joffrey. I think that illusion is already coming down and it's likely to get much worse.

What illusion? She chose to marry a total stranger in order to execute a not planned at all plan to avenge her family. That includes getting the total stranger's cock inside of her.

Jorah's greyscale is positioning him to be a replacement for Quentyn. He knows he's going to die, so he goes on a suicide mission to free the dragons. No one left in Meereen can do it.

That's a nice spec, but since we know Jorah is in the Pit in 509 I think it's unlikely.

Given 509 title (The Dance of Dragons) I'm sure Viserion and Rhaegal will be released during Daznak main event, so Jorah's out.

What illusion? She chose to marry a total stranger in order to execute a not planned at all plan to avenge her family. That includes getting the total stranger's cock inside of her.

as cynical as it reads, you are right, unless there is a twist to this story like a wrote a few posts above this. The Storyline, as has been revealed to us thusfar has Sansa give up her Virginity to Ramsay Bolton of all people for no good reason at all. None whatsoever.

Archived