Take the Black

You are a young recruit in the Night's Watch, the Lord Commander is pleased with you and has give you your choice or order. Where do you go?

I go Steward and try to be the cook. It's safe and warm, no glory but people like you, Hobb tries to squeeze the position for a LC bid and fails miserably but a more politically savvy cook might be able to pull it off.

I'd pick the Rangers, no doubt about it. Dangerous work, yes, cold and miserable at times as well, but also a chance to see new, interesting things rather than being cooped up behind the same cold, dark walls of Castle Black every day for the rest of my life.

Well I've never been convicted of poaching, rape, murder, et al, so I'm gonna go off on a limb and say I'm there willingly in my own hypothetical scenario, or at least free to leave.

I don't think you have to actually be guilty of the crime. Also, if you/your kids were starving, I'd like to think you'd poach.

Never said I wouldn't or haven't, just never convicted. And once again, it's my hypothetical scenario.

Trust me I'm here on my own accord.

How can I trust you when you basically just admitted you're a criminal?

I'd be a recruiter. They basically get to travel Westeros and stay in castles for free sleep under hedges hoping no robbers come along. If I had to stay at the Wall I'd be a ranger, I'd be bored out of my skull as anything else.

Fixed that one for you. Though I suppose sometimes there might be an inn that can be a whole other type of robbery.

Archived