Whose head was sent to Dorne? -- Not Gregor's!

Archmaester Drew

Why would Tywin Lannister risk offending Prince Doran by it being discovered that he had sent a false head? There is absolutely no advantage to him that I can think of. He had no love for Gregor and even if he did Gregor's not a Lannister so in Tywin's mind he is nothing. If Qyburn wanted the dwarfs head it is more likely imho that he needed a replacement to mount a helm to than to risk his life by pulling a switcheroo.

Tywin was dead by then. Cersei sent the skull. :)

Proof in text? No, didn't think so. It was most likely gregor's head. It makes bob strong all the more horrific when he wins the fight for cersei and is eventually revealed

From the wiki:

Qyburn studied at the citadel and was as skilled a healer as MaesterEbrose. Qyburn sought to surpass him though and instead of opening the bodies of the dead to discover the secrets of the living as the citadel has done for centuries, Qyburn instead opened the bodies of the still living to discover the secrets of death. When this was discovered, Qyburn was stripped from his position as a maester for unethical experiments he performed on living humans. -AFFC Cersei II

Not a necromancer. :)

we don't know that, or what he studied after the citadel.

We do know that -- and that at some point he took up with Vargo Hoat and the Brave Companions ('Bloody Mummers')...

Not a necromancer, and Gregor is not truly dead. :)

We do know that -- and that at some point he took up with Vargo Hoat and the Brave Companions ('Bloody Mummers')...

Not a necromancer, and Gregor is not truly dead. :)

We only know those two things. He may very well be a necromancer. And gregor is truly Undead

"It is mentioned by Gendry that Qyburn is rumored to have knowledge of black magic and necromancy."

From this very websites page on Qyburn. I'm not sure why you're so sure (and apparently happy) about dismissing Qyburn as a necromancer. I'm sure it has nothing to do with strengthening your argument. I believe he is a necromancer and Robert Strong has no head. There's more evidence (or clues) for it than there is against it.

"It is mentioned by Gendry that Qyburn is rumored to have knowledge of black magic and necromancy."

From this very websites page on Qyburn. I'm not sure why you're so sure (and apparently happy) about dismissing Qyburn as a necromancer. I'm sure it has nothing to do with strengthening your argument. I believe he is a necromancer and Robert Strong has no head. There's more evidence (or clues) for it than there is against it.

I think the key word here is 'rumored' -- WTF does Gendry know?

Qyburn is a parallel to Dr. Frankenstein -- a mad scientist who experiments with life and death. We never see him do anything that indicates magical abilities. Science to the uninitiated appears like magic, so it is understandable how such a reputation may have developed, but it does mean it it true.

The headless knight in Bran's vision is metaphorical -- Gregor is 'known' to have lost his head, thus this serves to identify him symbolically (not literally), as does the hound face and the sun armor of the same vision.

It is simply ridiculous to propose Ser Robert Strong has no head under his helm. He just can't show his face or speak without giving Cersei up as a liar.

:)

I think the key word here is 'rumored' -- WTF does Gendry know?

Qyburn is a parallel to Dr. Frankenstein -- a mad scientist who experiments with life and death. We never see him do anything that indicates magical abilities. Science to the uninitiated appears like magic, so it is understandable how such a reputation may have developed, but it does mean it it true.

The headless knight in Bran's vision is metaphorical -- Gregor is 'known' to have lost his head, thus this serves to identify him symbolically (not literally), as does the hound face and the sun armor of the same vision.

It is simply ridiculous to propose Ser Robert Strong has no head under his helm. He just can't show his face or speak without giving Cersei up as a liar.

:)

Wtf does Gendry know? Apparently not as much as you. Your multiple "not a necromancer" with smiley faces seems pretty definitive. I'd rather guess based on the clues in the text, rather than think one thing and ignore every clue that works against it.

It would be "ridiculous" for Gregor to fight without a head but shadow babies, dragons, and warging are perfectly conceivable I guess.

If you're saying he's purposely keeping silent and keeping his visor on to hide his identity you also have to say that he's been holding his poo for weeks and is on a hunger strike. All by choice. Now THAT is ridiculous.

You can think he has his head. Fine. But to shoot down all other opinions just by saying "not a necromancer :) :) :)" is ridiculous, especially when the text points to him NOT having a head.

It is rumored in the books that he DOES practice necromancy. Is there anything in the text that points in the direction that he DOESN'T? Just because Qyburn isn't a world famous necromancer means he ddefinitely doesn't practice it? I would imagine it would only be rumored. It's not something you put on your job resume.

Wtf does Gendry know? Apparently not as much as you. Your multiple "not a necromancer" with smiley faces seems pretty definitive. I'd rather guess based on the clues in the text, rather than think one thing and ignore every clue that works against it.

It would be "ridiculous" for Gregor to fight without a head but shadow babies, dragons, and warging are perfectly conceivable I guess.

If you're saying he's purposely keeping silent and keeping his visor on to hide his identity you also have to say that he's been holding his poo for weeks and is on a hunger strike. All by choice. Now THAT is ridiculous.

You can think he has his head. Fine. But to shoot down all other opinions just by saying "not a necromancer :) :) :)" is ridiculous, especially when the text points to him NOT having a head.

It is rumored in the books that he DOES practice necromancy. Is there anything in the text that points in the direction that he DOESN'T? Just because Qyburn isn't a world famous necromancer means he ddefinitely doesn't practice it? I would imagine it would only be rumored. It's not something you put on your job resume.

I have given many reasons why Qyburn is not a necromancer, so you complaint is invalid. :ack: (See, no smiley face either!)

What actual facts are there that Ser Robert has no head? None.

I have given many reasons why Qyburn is not a necromancer, so you complaint is invalid. :ack: (See, no smiley face either!)

What actual facts are there that Ser Robert has no head? None.

There are no facts supporting either argument. There are clues as I've said. Bran's vision is the one I choose to put above the rest, which leads me to believe he has no head. All other clues (dwarf heads, the similarities between dwarf heads and a large man's head [lol]) are weak imo. And you assuming he has a tumor causing his large stature is even weaker. This isn't House or Grey's Anatomy. It's a fantasy. He's huge because he's huge.

Scrolling through, I don't see one thing you said that supports the argument that he is NOT a necromancer. Only non-fictional medical facts that don't apply in the Asoiaf world and the fact that he isn't a confirmed necromancer.

Agree to disagree. Even if you end up being correct, your argument isn't very convincing regarding Qyburns non-involvement in necromancy, imo. It could end up going either way, but in either scenario I highly doubt he's just holding his tongue and hiding his face by choice. Dead or not dead, head or no head, he isn't Gregor anymore.

Alright -- I just went back and found the dwarf head scene in AFFC. It can't be the dwarf's head as she just receives it when Qyburn tells her the skull is ready to send to Dorne. Perhaps I am wrong after all... :blushing:

:dunno:

Archived