Asoiaf invades WWE

I was really hoping the Dornish could be luchadores, but it looks like people have already found equivalents for them in the WWE, which I haven't paid attention to since it was the WWF.So all I care about is, who's Roddy Piper?

Tormund. Hot Rod, Har!

Tormund. Hot Rod, Har!

Oh yeah, I like this. I was looking for someone Northern for obviouscottish reasons, but Tormund works even better.

If he could only get Bowen Marsh to put on those sunglasses and see the truth about the Others, they could save the world together.

One of the main things that stuck out to me during my first read through of Asoiaf, is the story of Sandor being burnt at the hands of his brother Gregor. The story seemed extremely familiar, and I finally know where I had heard it before; in WWE. The relationship between the Hound and the Mountain parallels the relationship of Kane and the Undertaker almost completely.

- Both Undertaker and Gregor burn their younger brother, leaving them with hideous facial scars.

- Both Kane and the Hound wear famously menacing masks to hide their disfigurement.

- Both Kane and the Hound become obsessed with fire.

- Both Undertaker and Gregor killed everyone in their family except their younger brother.

- Both Undertaker and Gregor are "undead".

- Both Undertaker and Gregor are being controlled by someone else, Undertaker with whoever possesses his urn and the Mountain by Qyburn. 

It is also interesting, if you subscribe to the hound = the gravedigger theory, and consider that Kane who parallels the Hound, buries his brother alive.

It's funny to see that one of my favorite story lines as a kid was possibly inspired by my favorite novel as an adult. 

Is anyone aware of any other popular show/game/novel that was possibly inspired by Asoiaf?

So will Sandor be Brock Lesnar in Cleganebowl, ending Gregor's streak? 

vince sounds like the mad king, with his aggressive firings and all.

cena=dany

rollins=darkstar

punk=euron

kevin nash=doran martell

yoshi tatsu=quentin martell

owen hart=lysa arryn (or anyone who fell victim to the moon door)

and of course, the many faced god=mick foley

also weddings never go well in the WWEverse either

edit: if we are going by the show then: [spoiler]stannis is pretty much chris benoit[/spoiler]

• 3 weeks later...

Archived