Witcher 3: Odrin is the Wild Hunt

l2 0 5 5

In that cards are involved? Because honestly that's the only similarity between the two that comes to mind.

Have you played both gwent and magic the gathering?

Are you seriously saying the only similarity they have is that they have cards?

I have played both, yes. And apart from the fact that both are card games in which both players have their own deck and are trying to defeat the other (which is a similarity all CCG games share so you could have picked any of them) I don't see the similarities.

From what I've seen they are as different as two card games can be. But it's really a pointless discussion anyway. Not something I care enough about to argue.

I can name at least 10 things about Gwent off the top of my head that are exactly like Magic the Gathering.

but yes, I did mean in in the general sense of it being like the many collectible card strategy games that were made popular by Magic the gathering.

Anybody know how to get feathers for the crossbow bolt diagrams?

I just bought them. Harpies might drop monster feathers which, iirc deconstruct to normal feathers, but after a certain point I wasn't willing to deal with that and payed the ~80 florins for a stack of feathers. They don't drop from geese, that's for sure.

Was it a merchant in Velen that u got them from?

Yeah. Dwarf blacksmith in Crow's Nest, I think? If not him, his Skelligen assistant. They really rarely drop from bandits, but that's only been since I hit level 11.

Also. Holy fuck I love how interconnected a lot of these quests are. Specifically, in this case, the Ladies of the Wood quest. Well, that and how a lot of the contracts and sidequests in White Orchard were kind of linked too. But yeah. Holy shit. Ladies of the Wood and Family Matters quests are good.

Managed to kill the skull icon wyvern at the ruined tower in Northern Velen (it's level 15 I think, I'm level 7). Through sheer dumb luck and accidental cheese. Wasn't planning on fighting it, I just wanted to run it to grab the Griffin Silver Sword plans from the chest and get out, then learned that you can't loot chests in combat so that wasn't going to work. Figured I might as well fight and die since I'd just quicksaved anyway.

Spammed left clicks like my life depended on it and ended up trapping the thing in a corner repeatedly stunning it. It got an attack off every once in a while that'd take out about 75% of my hp but Swallow + food took care of that. Felt like a dirty cheater who cheats afterwards.

Oh well, time to make all this Griffin stuff.

I think they are on a merchant in the same town that you play the boat-wright dude in the Gwent card quest. I forget the name of the town - but it's opposite the island Keira sends you to.

I've since found a +100 saddlebag in Novigrad (merchant in the King of Thieves' area). It's very expensive, though.

My favourite quest so far is 'A Greedy God'.

So, how did you resolve this one?

I made the "god" agree to accept lesser offerings, rather than outright killing him. But then told the guys above "hey... I found this cool cellar below. You really should check it out some time. :lol:

Archived