Speculation about the appearing Storylines

The Onion Sleight

Thank you so much for this link (that's exactly what I've been looking for)! It's from a recent interview, isn't it?

So... We have an interview with Iwan/Ramsay with blood on his face, and in the background is Stannis' camp of tents... and we have a video with Stephen/Stannis, in which he has blood on his face, in the background seemingly snowy woods...

... http://youtu.be/Ssnw2GA657s

That IS interesting. I hate to be negative, but it's probably nothing huge. The thing is, is Stannis&Co just left the Wall in episode 5. There's no way they'd be anywhere close to Winterfell in episode 7 or 8, so I'm not sure why Roose would have Ramsay ride all the way out to their camp when they're probably not even halfway there yet. Now, I could see something like that in the future, but as for right now? I don't think so. Logically, it would be rushed and wouldn't look good. Didn't it take Stannis 700 or so pages to reach Winterfell in the book?

Maybe Ramsay goes and invades some other kind of Stark loyalist camp or something? Maybe northerners who are trying to uprise? As for Stephen having blood on his face, I heard or read from somewhere that Carice Van Houten mentioned something about working with Gwendoline Christie this season, so perhaps Brienne runs into Stannis and tries to attack him? Or maybe Stannis gets into it with Yara (isn't she coming back in episode 7 or 8?)?

I don't think the Battle of Winterfell will be this season. We only have 4 more episodes and that just seems like a hell of a lot to cram in on top of the stuff with Hardhome.

That IS interesting. I hate to be negative, but it's probably nothing huge. The thing is, is Stannis&Co just left the Wall in episode 5. There's no way they'd be anywhere close to Winterfell in episode 7 or 8, so I'm not sure why Roose would have Ramsay ride all the way out to their camp when they're probably not even halfway there yet.

Littlefinger traveled from Winterfell to King's Land between episode 5 and episode 7, so I don't think the amount of time passed will tell you anything.

Littlefinger traveled from Winterfell to King's Land between episode 5 and episode 7, so I don't think the amount of time passed will tell you anything.

Well, the point is, is that judging from the promo, Stannis isn't even close to Winterfell yet. I don't think Ramsay would travel hundreds of miles just to attack him. Like I said, as he eventually draws closer (whether that's the end of season 5 or 6 is anyone's guess) that could happen, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say there's no Stannis/Winterfell stuff this season. There's just too much going on.

Besides, haven't we already established Littlefinger sailed to King's Landing? Sailing is a hell of a lot faster than traveling on foot and/or horseback.

Well, the point is, is that judging from the promo, Stannis isn't even close to Winterfell yet. I don't think Ramsay would travel hundreds of miles just to attack him. Like I said, as he eventually draws closer (whether that's the end of season 5 or 6 is anyone's guess) that could happen, but if I had to put money on it, I'd say there's no Stannis/Winterfell stuff this season. There's just too much going on.

Besides, haven't we already established Littlefinger sailed to King's Landing? Sailing is a hell of a lot faster than traveling on foot and/or horseback.

we see Roose and Ramsay planning in KILL the bOy

they know the North more than Stannis ...so they know where they can attack to get a advantage ..if that said village is going to give them an advantage ..then they will attack there

The scene where Ramsay and Sansa are looking up and Sansa is crying, he pecks her cheek, awardingly. I bet it is the bloody dress or sheet to prove to everyone that she was a virgin, validating her marriage to Ramsay and nullifying the marriage to the Imp. Also, I do not know if it will happen or in this episode but I have terrible feeling, since the showritters have stated that it was a important and necessary step for Sansa to wed and BED Ramsay, that she will indeed become pregnant by season's end and will be determined to keep it. I think the "BREEDING OUT" of house Bolton, sick and stupid as it may seem, may be what the writters have planned for Sansa at this stage of the story. Sansa's actess, Sophie Turner says that Sansa wants to start "her own house".

The battle of Winterfell happens before Jon's last chapter so it has to happen this season. The chapters got moved to TWOW because there wassn't enough room for them not because they happen later.

However, I am a believer in the Stannis fakes his death theory so I am not too worried about it happing. Although the whole faking his death thing didn't work out too well for Mance on the show.

Any way I don't think we will get the battle this early, maybe the Boltons will get a report that Stannis is marching this episode.

The Ramsay actor has said that we don't know whether he survives at the end of the season which fits with the battle being in the last couple of episodes. That's so long as they don't have Sansa doesn't stab him or something before she gets out of there.

Also, I do not know if it will happen or in this episode but I have terrible feeling, since the showritters have stated that it was a important and necessary step for Sansa to wed and BED Ramsay, that she will indeed become pregnant by season's end and will be determined to keep it. I think the "BREEDING OUT" of house Bolton, sick and stupid as it may seem, may be what the writters have planned for Sansa at this stage of the story. Sansa's actess, Sophie Turner says that Sansa wants to start "her own house".

The writers said it was necessary in-universe, because Ramsay obviously wants to consummate the marriage.

Sophie's talk about her "own house", in context, was talking about what she was doing prior to Littlefinger's plan, which forced her to re-engage with being a Stark. Likewise, we see her proclaiming that pretty clearly in episode 506, among others.

The battle of Winterfell happens before Jon's last chapter so it has to happen this season. The chapters got moved to TWOW because there wassn't enough room for them not because they happen later.

However, I am a believer in the Stannis fakes his death theory so I am not too worried about it happing. Although the whole faking his death thing didn't work out too well for Mance on the show.

Any way I don't think we will get the battle this early, maybe the Boltons will get a report that Stannis is marching this episode.

The Ramsay actor has said that we don't know whether he survives at the end of the season which fits with the battle being in the last couple of episodes. That's so long as they don't have Sansa doesn't stab him or something before she gets out of there.

As much as I'm sure we'd all like to see the Battle of Winterfell happen this season, I just don't think it's going to. We have episode 7, which appears to have Stannis&Co still on the move. Episode 8 will probably be a lot of Jon and the Hardhome arc. Assuming the title of episode 9 is correct (A Dance with Dragons), then a lot (if not most) of it will probably be on Dany and her arc (Daznag's Pit, the wedding, her flying on Drogon maybe?). As for the finale, I don't think the title or synopsis has been revealed yet (I read somewhere that the title might be just "Winter", but who knows."

Sophie has said the ending of the season for Sansa is ambiguous, which leaves things pretty cloudy, so a number of things could happen. As for the Boltons, I just don't think they're going to kill them off yet. The show needs big, hated villains to keep things dramatic. Take them away, and you don't have that.

The writers said it was necessary in-universe, because Ramsay obviously wants to consummate the marriage.

Sophie's talk about her "own house", in context, was talking about what she was doing prior to Littlefinger's plan, which forced her to re-engage with being a Stark. Likewise, we see her proclaiming that pretty clearly in episode 506, among others.

I hope you are right

I hope you are right

I really don't get where all these "Sansa pregnancy" speculations came from. Jeyne isn't pregnant in the books, and Sansa's not either. Why would the writers want to add that, restricting what the character can do in the next season?

Bolton ambush of the Stannis camp on the way to Winterfell makes sense to me.

I would think that the confrontation should happen before Jon gets his at the end of the season.

They won't want to spend a ton of money on another set piece battle if they're going to shell out a fortune on the Drogon fighting pit scene.

So they should be able to save money by localizing the fighting to a small area on the way to Winterfell.

But that might mean the end of Stannis.

I really don't get where all these "Sansa pregnancy" speculations came from. Jeyne isn't pregnant in the books, and Sansa's not either. Why would the writers want to add that, restricting what the character can do in the next season?

worst case scenario possibilties. I do not see why not at this point?

Bolton ambush of the Stannis camp on the way to Winterfell makes sense to me.

I would think that the confrontation should happen before Jon gets his at the end of the season.

They won't want to spend a ton of money on another set piece battle if they're going to shell out a fortune on the Drogon fighting pit scene.

So they should be able to save money by localizing the fighting to a small area on the way to Winterfell.

But that might mean the end of Stannis.

The Boltons theoretically just bolstered their forces by marrying Ramsay to Sansa. Stannis does not know it yet but the Boltons may now have a larger army.

Since the promo photo of Dany from this episode has her wearing her wedding dress is it safe to assume she will not appear in episode 8?

I'm thinking she meets Tyrion in this episode and gives him the Wheel speech and then later in the episode we either see her wedding or just see her preparing for it to happen at the beginning of episode 9.

Archived