MMA & Boxing (v16)- Get it together, man.

Ramsay B.

Carlos is a good guy and an entertaining fighter I'd love to see become champion, but Robbie's story is just better and he's so entertainingly intense in the cage I love that he holds that belt right now. The way that guy stalked after Hendricks at the end of their last fight, and then the way he did the same against Rory at the end of R4 of their fight - I can't not love a fighter with that kind of fight in them.

I don't really care who wins though, Carlos would be a fine champion too.

Condit is easily my favorite fighter right now and I'm definitely pulling for him, but I like Lawler too so hopefully this fight will just live up to what we all think it can be. If I had to make a prediction then I'll give it to Lawler by decision.

Anyone watch the New Years Eve card in Japan? Fedor fought a tomato can. They allowed kicks and knees the head of a downed opponent, which added some spice to the fights. 

You must be relatively new to MMA, PRIDE used to have those all the time. It was EPIC.

You must be relatively new to MMA, PRIDE used to have those all the time. It was EPIC.

Uhhh that's still a thing. Haven't heard of ONE FC? They have Ben Askren who some consider to one of the best Welterweights in the world. Here's one of their recent title fights, a particularly good fight and you can definitely see the difference in their rules. 

Uhhh that's still a thing. Haven't heard of ONE FC? They have Ben Askren who some consider to one of the best Welterweights in the world. Here's one of their recent title fights, a particularly good fight and you can definitely see the difference in their rules. 

I know Ben Askren, but I also known that he is known as one of the most BORING welterweights in the world.

Yes I am also salivating. Although I like Condit wayyyy more than Lawler, I think Lawler is going to win. My thinking is similar to my thinking prior to Weidman vs Rockhold - my brain is saying the challenger has the skills to win the fight as I see it playing out. But my gut tells me the champ is going to find some way to win (either by shit decision e.g. Hendricks 2) or simply by raw ferocity, determination and championship heart. I was wrong about Weidman Rockhold, let's hope I'm wrong again. 

Depressingly accurate prediction on my part.

I shouldn't deride Lawler though, it's not his fault. He put on an amazing performance in R5, he knew he had to finish, his corner knew he had to finish, everyone knew he had to finish except 2/3 of those useless fucking judges.

My hands were shaking after that 5th round, it might be the best 5th round ever. Kinda ruined by the fact that Condit got robbed though because he held on and fought back like a warrior for nothing. I'm just so fucking mad. 

Depressingly accurate prediction on my part.

I shouldn't deride Lawler though, it's not his fault. He put on an amazing performance in R5, he knew he had to finish, his corner knew he had to finish, everyone knew he had to finish except 2/3 of those useless fucking judges.

My hands were shaking after that 5th round, it might be the best 5th round ever. Kinda ruined by the fact that Condit got robbed though because he held on and fought back like a warrior for nothing. I'm just so fucking mad. 

Yeah, the last round was intense and my adrenaline was going too. I had the 3rd round going to Condit and can't see why some people didn't, but they did. It's also obviously judged on a round-by-round basis but the overrall numbers were so one-sided for Condit to make it more depressing for him even know Lawler did have some big moments.

At least the fight lived up to the hype but damn that's annoying. I also just re-watched Hendricks-Lawler II last week so I had that crazy Lawler finish and bullshit decision fresh in my head and was not confident at all it was in the judges hands. At least nobody had it 49-46 for Lawler this time...progress.

I'm amongst the contingent that seems to be just about everybody but those judges that had Carlos winning three rounds to two. Round three was pretty close though, so I've seen worse. I also had Gus beating Jones three rounds to two. People always chirp in with a "you must dominate the champ to take the belt" or some such, but that isn't in the rules. The champ isn't supposed to be given rounds on such sentiment, and sure as hell doesn't need to be pampered by the judges.

Sick of that crap in MMA. Carlos should be wearing UFC gold right now. Instead he's mulling retirement. Judging standards gotta change.

Archived