MMA & Boxing (v16)- Get it together, man.

Ramsay B.

Man alive, its like Aldo is the only fighter to ever get injured the way people are going on. I'd rather see Conor versus uninjured Mendes and against Aldo gibbled with a fucked up rib. Yeah, I feel for you UFC. You put lots of advertising bucks and effort into promoting that fight. But, come on. You have to be ready for these developments by now. It literally happens CONSTANTLY in this sport.

Ramsay: all you missed with the post fight Romero rant was all kinds of awkward. I couldn't even understand the rant for the most part and certainly did not link it to any gay marriage legalisation stuff at the time. I heard some guy in highly broken English clearly scolding America and something about Jesus. I went to bed thinking: "Wow, that should go over great. Bet there is all kinds of fall out tomorrow".

Ramsay: all you missed with the post fight Romero rant was all kinds of awkward. I couldn't even understand the rant for the most part and certainly did not link it to any gay marriage legalisation stuff at the time. I heard some guy in highly broken English clearly scolding America and something about Jesus. I went to bed thinking: "Wow, that should go over great. Bet there is all kinds of fall out tomorrow".

I didn't listen to his post fight interview until I heard there was controversy, then I went back and listened to it. I don't think I would have caught the "not for gay jesus" if I didn't know to listen for it.

Yeah, and even with that, there is a compelling argument that he actually said "No forget Jesus", and his accent is just such that you could her "not for gay Jesus" if that is what you are looking for. I didn't link it to gay marriage at the time and didn't realize that decision had just come down. Its been legal here for ten years, so it wasn't really on my mind when he went on that rant.

Man, people should just calm down on that non issue. Canada has had legalized gay marriage for a decade and would you like to hear how much it has affected me? Two weeks ago I heard my brother and his wife were going to a "Doe and Doe", as apposed to a "Stag and Doe" for his wife's lesbian cousin and her partner. A decade in and that is the amount of fallout that has reached me. So yeah, go nuts on this oh so important to you issue. My God, the only people it affects is gay people and people with a lot of connections to the gay community. If you are somebody that "doesn't support that lifestyle" or what have you, you're never even going to notice.

I for one am not sure at all that Romero was referencing that issue, but I'm guessing the "Soldier of God" isn't going to find his schedule filled up with gay weddings or anything.

Yeah, and even with that, there is a compelling argument that he actually said "No forget Jesus", and his accent is just such that you could her "not for gay Jesus" if that is what you are looking for. I didn't link it to gay marriage at the time and didn't realize that decision had just come down. Its been legal here for ten years, so it wasn't really on my mind when he went on that rant.

Earlier in his rant he said "USA! YOU FORGET JESUS" and the "forget" was really clear, which made his explanation that he was saying "No forget jesus" the second time...dubious.

I've gotten to the point where when ever someone is super passionately against gay marriage or homosexuallity my first thought is "closet case".

Whatever happened there, scolding America in the name of Jesus, no matter what the reasons, probably aint going to go down that well. That was awkward as shit and I hope we see less of that stuff.

I'm shocked they've got McGregor as the favourite over Mendes now. That makes less sense than him being the favourite over Aldo imho. He's not too heavy a favourite iirc, but still. Might be a good fight to make some money on.

Archived