Bejen Stark (Spoilers)

StarkBlack21

He wrote it on an early draft of the book. His editor wrote in the margins when Coldhands is introduced, "Is this Benjen?" and he wrote back a very large, "NO." The manuscripts were found in his archives, I think at Texas A&M? Can't quite remember where, somewhere in TX. They are now closed to the public but were open before and a fan went through every page and reported back on Reddit.

ETA: this was first article on Google but there were lots - http://www.latintimes.com/george-rr-martin-debunks-benjen-stark-theory-coldhands-identity-be-revealed-winds-289660

Also, a Child of the Forest saying that Coldhands was killed "long ago" made it pretty obvious he couldn't be Benjen.

Also, a Child of the Forest saying that Coldhands was killed "long ago" made it pretty obvious he couldn't be Benjen.

I never really thought that was very significant, she was telling the story to Bran and may have meant "long ago" from Bran's perspective.

LOL. Some random wildling played by an extra has his hood up (as so many others) and people immediately jump into the conclusion that he must be Lady Stonehart/Euron/Benjen/Victarion/Aegon/Coldhands/Strong Belwas all combined.

Yeah LOL -- it's so obviously Syrio Forel. WTF are people thinking?

I did find the hooded person conspicuous too, but I didn't notice the earlier shots. Probably just bad directing to place him so conspicuously in the shot like that...

i noticed the hooded figure as well, when they were all running to the boat, the hooded figure was already in it, facing the waters back turned to what was happening. so im pretty sure that person plays a role in the next episode.

He was the cameraman or he had an outboard engine to move the boat.

I'm seeing so many tinfoil posts about this guy but its just the logistics of filming. They had to hide both those things. Notice how the boat is moving without rowers. They would have had to take that shot multiple times.

There was a hooded figure in black, on the boat with Jon when they sailed away. Perhaps that could be uncle Benjen or Coldhands.

you know what? on my second time watching the scene, i caught that. I thought it was odd he wasnt looking the same direction as everyone else on the boat. But they never showed who it was.

I thin he was just the boat's tillerman and his head was cold

He's a member of the fourth, unspoken group of Night's Watchmen...the cameramen.

You actually can see his face in the scene where Wun Wun walks past the boat.

Archived