Walker didn't want to kill Jon...

No Ygrittes

Their sigil is a grey direwolf racing across a field of white, and their words are "Winter is Coming", one of only a few house mottoes to be a warning rather than a boast.

And what if it is a boast in fact ? Love those conspiracy theories =))

Even if it is a boast, its points to to the fact that they are proud of their survival skills in winter, when winter comes everyone else starts die left and right but starks and northerns not only survive but thrive in a sense. Plus its a great warning to their enemies and precaution for their own.

As soon as the crappy sword he grabbed broke and the WW just whacked him with the back end of the spear instead of shoving through him like he did to the Thenn I said WTF!?! That's just kinda lame. The he throws Jon across the room when he coulda finished the job.

Meh. I get it. plot armor.

Meh... I guess it works with some justification/explanation.

As soon as the crappy sword he grabbed broke and the WW just whacked him with the back end of the spear instead of shoving through him like he did to the Thenn I said WTF!?! That's just kinda lame. The he throws Jon across the room when he coulda finished the job.

He didn't throw him across the room after that. Jon ran as fast as he could.

The WW threw him around at the beginning of the fight.

Should the WW have killed him?

After the White Walker shattered into pieces, his weapon was still on the ground. Jon should have taken it. Could have been another useful weapon against the dead.

Assuming this kind of weapon would hurt them. Could even have hurt him. You never know how cold is this thing.

Ok, loved the episode. I have some theories I'd love to share.

1) the way the nights king looked at Jon after he killed the white walker to me was like, "this is the prince that was promised, this is our foe"

2) OR, and hear out my crackpot theory here, he saw Jon as a replacement for himself (crazy I know, but i believe nights king is a stark)

3) Kings landing will be trial by champion. Ser robert strong and I cant put my finger on the other

4) While Ramsey is gone, Brienne frees Sansa, maybe we get Lady Stoneheart?

This episode totally redeemed a pedestrian season

edit: anyone else for a split second think that when the WW hit Jon in the chest he was gonna turn? Then it occurred to me it was just plot armor lol

Assuming this kind of weapon would hurt them. Could even have hurt him. You never know how cold is this thing.

Agreed, just don't pick it up by the blade. We've seen that the handle doesn't kill humans.

Even if it is a boast, its points to to the fact that they are proud of their survival skills in winter, when winter comes everyone else starts die left and right but starks and northerns not only survive but thrive in a sense. Plus its a great warning to their enemies and precaution for their own.

the Starks ARE Winter, they ARE of the line of white walkers

Just the terribly clichéd fight scene where the Hero is seemingly put in danger even though no one actually believes anything is going to happen to him. Lazily choreographed, I might add.

The WW know Jon is "different" but they can't tell VS from regular steel? Horseshit. The WW was fighting stupid because he was fighting the hero, and the NK gives him the stare down because now he knows how to kill them., which actually makes sense and all.

Just the terribly clichéd fight scene where the Hero is seemingly put in danger even though no one actually believes anything is going to happen to him. Lazily choreographed, I might add.

The WW know Jon is "different" but they can't tell VS from regular steel? Horseshit. The WW was fighting stupid because he was fighting the hero, and the NK gives him the stare down because now he knows how to kill them., which actually makes sense and all.

Yes, it makes sense. It's a different thing that you don't understand it.

Also, lazily choreographed? LOL.

I believe you are one of those who cannot understand why this episode has a 9.9 on IMDb and 9.2 on this very forum.

Of course it nakes sense. I said it makes sense without any sarcasm. It's a different thing that you didn't understand it.

And yes, lazily choreographed. LOL indeed.

And no. I can understand that quite easily, no need to go out of your way to make it more obvious.

How is it lazily choreopraghed? I'd say it's far better than 90% of what movies do.

Because there's a dozen ways you can avoid killing the protagonist without making it look like the enemy is sparing him. Because having the hero trying to grab his weapon and being just an inch short was a lame cliche 40 years ago. Because having the hero be hit with the handle and flying around the room is the most unimaginative way possible to have him dominated and hurt but not durably disabled.

Agreed, just don't pick it up by the blade. We've seen that the handle doesn't kill humans.

We saw a fast pommel hit. If the weapon itself has a frost aura, it could frost-burn human.

They probably did not saw a VS steel since 8000 years. And if this grunt WW was -lets say- one of Craster's son enrolled into the Other's army, he may even never have saw VS/DG. NK gave him a stare because the fact that he killed a WW caught his attention. Lets suppose he is aware of the AAR prophecy, this might have put a target on Jon's back.

Because there's a dozen ways you can avoid killing the protagonist without making it look like the enemy is sparing him. Because having the hero trying to grab his weapon and being just an inch short was a lame cliche 40 years ago. Because having the hero be hit with the handle and flying around the room is the most unimaginative way possible to have him dominated and hurt but not durably disabled.

The enemy is sparing him. That's the whole point.

This was even established in the prologue of AGOT. They are so superior to the average human that they toy with them.

the Starks ARE Winter, they ARE of the line of white walkers

They have been nemesis of others since start, why would you build a 700 wall to keep them out if you are in league with them. They are line of first men and children of forest. They may be related to others in some way but they are primary sheild of westeros against others and have been guarding the north against their threat for time immemorial.

Archived