Walker didn't want to kill Jon...

No Ygrittes

They have been nemesis of others since start, why would you build a 700 wall to keep them out if you are in league with them. They are line of first men and children of forest. They may be related to others in some way but they are primary sheild of westeros against others and have been guarding the north against their threat for time immemorial.

As we both know, not all Starks have lived by the same code as Ned. (SEE Starks who threw in with the Boltons against Winterfell) Would it really suprise you if the WW have a strong tie with Stark blood)

They have been nemesis of others since start, why would you build a 700 wall to keep them out if you are in league with them. They are line of first men and children of forest. They may be related to others in some way but they are primary sheild of westeros against others and have been guarding the north against their threat for time immemorial.

it's been 8000 years since everything started with the WW.

It's possible they have been completely against the WW and never went to their side. IF the stories are to be believed though...then possible the NK is a stark...so they aren't incorruptible.

The enemy is sparing him. That's the whole point.

This was even established in the prologue of AGOT. They are so superior to the average human that they toy with them.

You mean like he toyed with the thenn dude? And then he got bored and decided to end it and go for the kill just when Jon managed to grab his sword?

Come on. The entire hardhome sequence was loaded with every tired action flick cliche in the book of tired action flick cliches. Which is actually okay if you don't have lofty pretensions of quality and people trying to find deeper meaning in it.

As we both know, not all Starks have lived by the same code as Ned. (SEE Starks who threw in with the Boltons against Winterfell) Would it really suprise you if the WW have a strong tie with Stark blood)

it's been 8000 years since everything started with the WW.

It's possible they have been completely against the WW and never went to their side. IF the stories are to be believed though...then possible the NK is a stark...so they aren't incorruptible.

I am not suggesting they are all very good and incorruptible, there are many Starks who did horrifying things in their time. I also believe Ned's strong honour and moral code comes from his Arryn upbringing (He was ward of of John Arryn in eyrie, House Arryn - High as honour!) But i refuse to believe that they are in league with others. Night King might have been a stark but also remember that an alliance of Stark King in the North and King beyond the wall brought him down. Starks are the ones who have always stood up to the threat of others and have always supported nights watch even till this day. While most of southern houses considers night watch a joke today and consider others and long night made up story, starks continue to support them. Just read the tension ned stark went through in first chp of AGOT when nights watch deserter told him he saw an other. They might have some links with them (not proven yet) but that doesnt mean they are with them.

Which is actually okay if you don't have lofty pretensions of quality and people trying to find deeper meaning in it.

Go ahead tell me how you intend to choreograph the fight considering you have to let Jon live for the For the watch scene.

Go ahead...

No matter what the fuck they come up with anyone can find fault with it. Their job is to make entertaining TV not spend weeks or months to write and choreograph a minute's scene. If the majority found it entertaining, they need not care how much you whine.

You mean like he toyed with the thenn dude? And then he got bored and decided to end it and go for the kill just when Jon managed to grab his sword?

Come on. The entire hardhome sequence was loaded with every tired action flick cliche in the book of tired action flick cliches. Which is actually okay if you don't have lofty pretensions of quality and people trying to find deeper meaning in it.

Yeah, he toyed with the thenn dude. And yes, he toyed with Jon.

It's not that it's boring, or cliched. It's actually faithful to the book. Others toy with their preys.

So, go complain to Martin, not the Show. You may say that the entire hardhome sequence was loaded with every tired action flick cliche in the book of tired action flick cliches. But I don't really think that. In fact, I don't really know how you can come up with that idea.

Go ahead tell me how you intend to choreograph the fight considering you have to let Jon live for the For the watch scene.

Go ahead...

No matter what the fuck they come up with anyone can find fault with it. Their job is to make entertaining TV not spend weeks or months to write and choreograph a minute's scene. If the majority found it entertaining, they need not care how much you whine.

Neither do you. Just saying.

And your argument to get to that personal attack was basically to.. agree with what I was saying?

I think the walker was definitely trying to kill him, and John had no idea his sword would destroy it which was definitely noticed by King white walker. I think this is further proof that John is the one who will destroy the white walkers. vs. Stannis. I think Danys dragons will also be a huge help when she returns to Westeros, and that Tyrion will advise her to help end the WHite WAlkers.

To be fair, the Thenn was fighting with a long-axe, which means that when he swings and misses there is enough room for a killing spear thrust. Jon, fighting with a sword, is inevitably too close for a killing blow when he parries a spear attack, meaning he gets smacked about with the pommel to create the necessary seperation. I would say that's over-analysing, but fuck it, a child could spot it.

I put it as the White Walker was playing with him, he didn't see Jon or any of the other Humans as a threat so like a Cat playing with a mouse before killing it the White Walker was playing with Jon. Only when Jon's sword blocked his weapon did the Walker realize something was very wrong and by then it was too late.

Because dramatic effect and to create tension among the viewers. Those who are trying to find reasons are reading too much from the scene.

You can add reasons for it, apart from those (which are true). Others toy with their preys, this was pretty well established in the prologue of AGOT, so you can say that and still be true.

Neither do you. Just saying.

And your argument to get to that personal attack was basically to.. agree with what I was saying?

It wasnt an attack.. It was a challenge to prove that no one can write a perfect scene.

Anyway I think it is not practical to waste months to fill the holes in a 1 minute scene.

If you think that is still a bad thing, Nope I dont agree with you.

If you think its very much acceptable, then we're cool.

Archived