Walker didn't want to kill Jon...

No Ygrittes

Jon is just a little bit better fighter than all the other wildlings.

Jon is a good fighter? Don't make me laugh. He is always getting his ass kicked at every opportunity.

Styr disarmed and ragdolled him until he improvised with the random hammer, Karl fooking Tanner was clearly getting the better of him and would have won that fight if it wasn't for the distraction by the girl, and let's not forget that Qhorin made Jon look foolish until he let him kill him.

Jon didn't have dragon glass, so it's not as if the Other had anything to fear from him. The look of shock on both of their faces when Longclaw stopped the blade was priceless.

Others don't fuck around. They killed everyone as quickly as possible, but not Jon? It makes no sense. Why would you shatter someone's sword and then just hit them with the blunt end of your spear if Jon was just another member of the NW? And the look that it was giving him the entire time?

This strengthens the Azor Ahai theory. Jon clearly has power in his blood and I think the WW probably would have taken him alive if given the opportunity.

I watched just this sequence again - and the Walker did have a good long stare at Jon after it knocked him down. It didn't bother staring at the Then, just casually dodged his swings and killed him, as if he didn't matter.

there was no need to dodge so in a way he also played with him. but as jon was searching for the dragonglass the WW had a good reason not to do this for too long or he would have been stabbed in the back like his buddy who didn't care for sam.

the WW clearly wanted to kill jon, if jon didn't have a valyrian steel sword he would have been dead.

I watched just this sequence again - and the Walker did have a good long stare at Jon after it knocked him down. It didn't bother staring at the Then, just casually dodged his swings and killed him, as if he didn't matter.

Well the Then isn't the main character :P

Others don't fuck around. They killed everyone as quickly as possible, but not Jon? It makes no sense. Why would you shatter someone's sword and then just hit them with the blunt end of your spear if Jon was just another member of the NW?

This strengthens the Azor Ahai theory. Jon clearly has power in his blood and I think the WW probably would have taken him alive if it had the opportunity.

Why did the Other than came for Gilly's baby not kill Sam? He just swatted him aside.

Why did the Other than came for Gilly's baby not kill Sam? He just swatted him aside.

Now that, I think, boils down to it just not taking Sam seriously and wanting to get to the baby.

Others are intelligent creatures, not the blood-starved killers that most people seem to think they are. They certainly operate on a functional and strategic level.

It definitely seems like NK knows something is different about Jon.

Definitely. That staredown between them and the interest that the NK showed while it watched on was very telling.

But there's also the theory that the NK was a former Lord Commander and whatnot. It could have just noticed Jon was important person because of the weapon he was wielding and the fact that he just killed one of his "commanders".

I think Starks are the ones who can be turned into others/whitewalkers. I think that Craster probably had a bit of Stark in him which is why he could make his bargain.

A couple of season's ago someone had a pic of Night's King's costume compared it to Ned's, they were basically the same. They've changed it up a bit this episode though.

Jon is a good fighter? Don't make me laugh. He is always getting his ass kicked at every opportunity.

Styr disarmed and ragdolled him until he improvised with the random hammer, Karl fooking Tanner was clearly getting the better of him and would have won that fight if it wasn't for the distraction by the girl, and let's not forget that Qhorin made Jon look foolish until he let him kill him.

He's killed 2 white walkers. The magnar of Thenns and that asshole from flea bottom, But yeah you're right he sucks.

Archived