NBA Finals 2015 - Lebron vs. The Warriors vs. MJ

Jaime L

here is the thing about JR. he has never preformed well under pressure. And he will be a non factor for the rest of these Finals. he might, MAYBE, hit a big shot once, but he will NOT have a 20 point game.

I'm guessing you didn't like the J.R. era for NY? :lmao: Man, I just can't wrap my head around the fact of the Knicks futility for so long. Granted, they might still be climbing out of the mess Isaiah made.

I'm guessing you didn't like the J.R. era for NY? :lmao: Man, I just can't wrap my head around the fact of the Knicks futility for so long. Granted, they might still be climbing out of the mess Isaiah made.

JR was great for one season. Then he elbowed Jason Terry in the face FOR NO REASON during game three the first round in 2013 (getting suspended as a result) and has been garbage ever since. It doesnt help that he says the dumbest shit imaginable, like "i partied too hard in nyc but Cleveland is boring so now i can play again".

As for the Knicks, we have sucked since James Dolan took over. Hiring Jackson was another in a loooong line of serious mistakes. Like the Amare contract. Or trading the entire team for Melo when we could have waited and signed him in the off season anyway.

Anyway, my blood pressure is rising so im gonna stfu for awhile.

One last thing re: Isiah and the Knicks - Donnie Walsh miraculously undid all of Isiah's mistakes (alth he got rid of Zack Randolph, which im still not happy about) by the 2010 off season. Then James went on tv and told everyone he was taking his dilso with him to Miami, and Dolan decided Walsh failed at his job, at which point we proceeded to do THE DUMBEST SHIT possible.

define good JR game, and tell me why you think it will happen. there is zero historical precedent for it.

Well he did hit 8 3's against Atlanta and had a couple good games in that Nuggets playoff run to the Conference Finals a few years back. But agree that he seems to only have big moments so that he can later disappoint you. He'll light up the teams you were going to beat anyway, but when you need him against elite competition that's when he goes into the shitter. Bad JR is something like 2x-3x as likely to come hang out as good JR.

What's sad is he's still probably the 2nd most offensively adept Cavs player left. Of course that'd be a lot more valuable if he didn't have a 10 cent head. I'm still amused that he ended up in this situation because of the all headcase trade involving JR Smith, Reggie Jackson and Dion Waiters. And you just know Waiters is watching at home thinking he'd be going for 30 every night if the Cavs still had him.

He actually thought he belonged on the same court, smh. If he'd lose that ego he could be a decent role player, an irrational confidence guy, if you will.

he will always be mini JR. which is nothing anyone should aspire too.

Going back to JR, he is capable of being a good defender. Not great, but competent. The problem is that in this Finals, he really wants to win, so his defense is dialed in. This sounds like a good thing, but that takes a lot of energy, and it is making his jump shot that much tougher. JR really isn't a guy that can play hard on both ends of the floor, and you add in the greater minutes he's getting, and you have a recipe for bricks.

Going back to JR, he is capable of being a good defender. Not great, but competent. The problem is that in this Finals, he really wants to win, so his defense is dialed in. This sounds like a good thing, but that takes a lot of energy, and it is making his jump shot that much tougher. JR really isn't a guy that can play hard on both ends of the floor, and you add in the greater minutes he's getting, and you have a recipe for bricks.

Rose tinted glasses. JR paying "ok to good defense" is not a reason for him to contribute nothing on the offensive end. He's snorting too much Adderall, is the more likely explanation.

Rose tinted glasses. JR paying "ok to good defense" is not a reason for him to contribute nothing on the offensive end. He's snorting too much Adderall, is the more likely explanation.

There are only so many guys that can play above average basketball on both ends of the floor. JR Smith is not one of them. If they want him to have his good games offensively, you might need to accept that you have to either play him only 20 minutes/night or give him fewer defensive responsibilities. And against Golden State, there aren't a lot of easy defensive assignments.

Archived