NBA Finals 2015 - Lebron vs. The Warriors vs. MJ

Jaime L

The weird thing for me is that watching games 4 and 5, they felt like blowouts. Yes, in the end the Warriors pulled away in both, but when you look at the game stats, both games Lebron was huge, along with one of the big men (Mosgov game 4, Thompson game 5). And that's it. Everyone else is putting up terrible numbers - lots of attempts, very few points, and virtually no assists.

So, if it's just Lebron vs the Warriors, how is it close at all? Good as Lebron is, I would expect this to be a 105-80 game every time. And it's not.

The weird thing for me is that watching games 4 and 5, they felt like blowouts. Yes, in the end the Warriors pulled away in both, but when you look at the game stats, both games Lebron was huge, along with one of the big men (Mosgov game 4, Thompson game 5). And that's it. Everyone else is putting up terrible numbers - lots of attempts, very few points, and virtually no assists.

So, if it's just Lebron vs the Warriors, how is it close at all? Good as Lebron is, I would expect this to be a 105-80 game every time. And it's not.

I mean as you pointed out Lebron either scored or assisted on 70 of Cleveland's 91 points. Even when your\ supporting cast is terrible offensively, one guy creating 70 points is going to keep you in the game so long as you're still strong defensively as a team. It's just insane the rest of the supporting cast could only "create" 20 points. I imagine most of that was Tristan Thompson on the offensive glass.

And just to reiterate, having JR Smith on your team is detrimental to winning. I'd trade him for an old car battery and a used toothbrush.

I think the Knicks actually did that.

I think the Knicks actually did that.

hahaha

yeah...and you know what? Most knick fans said "that's a good trade".

I thought we didnt have to give up Shump but apparently Jackson has a master plan. (which consists of being on vacation during the trade deadline, dozing off during staff meetings, and being reminded by his assistant every morning that he's the president of the New York Knickerbockers,)

I tell ya, as much as I love Lebron, I was really put off by his best player on the planet comment. While it is true, you don't usually hear that coming from an all-time great. He seems to feel the new to justify everything and it usually rubs the majority of people the wrong way. He could have just said, "hey man, I'm not worried, I'm having a phenomenal series and feel that we can pull this out." He should leave the compliments to others.

I tell ya, as much as I love Lebron, I was really put off by his best player on the planet comment. While it is true, you don't usually hear that coming from an all-time great. He seems to feel the new to justify everything and it usually rubs the majority of people the wrong way. He could have just said, "hey man, I'm not worried, I'm having a phenomenal series and feel that we can pull this out." He should leave the compliments to others.

Yeah, it's off-putting. On the other hand, i read it, laughed a little bit...and moved on. What do i care what LeBron says or thinks? The only way he impacts me is by actually playing basketball. So, ultimately, whatever.

Yeah, it's off-putting. On the other hand, i read it, laughed a little bit...and moved on. What do i care what LeBron says or thinks? The only way he impacts me is by actually playing basketball. So, ultimately, whatever.

I'm not losing any sleep over it. But, he does this type of thing every so often. And, it will ultimately effect how he's perceived in the long run.

LeBron is just really unlikable. Always has been. He's not a bad dude, just seems to lack any charm or social skills.

He possesses every quality you could possibly want except charisma. He's frankly a much better human than MJ and yet we'll never love him as much because he's just not nearly as cool. If MJ said what Lebron just did, we'd just love him more for his swagger.

And if Lebron punched out a teammate at practice, the internet would explode. :P

And if Lebron punched out a teammate at practice, the internet would explode. :P

Well, if it was Kendrick Perkins, we'd all just assume he had it coming.

Lebron does seem to have a knack for rubbing people the wrong way. Personally, the "best player" thing doesn't bother me. It sounds to me like he is almost giving himself a pep talk. I can do this. I want this championship so much, and it feels so close and I am going to do it and it will happen because I am the best and no one can stop me because I am the best.

Yes, you could interpret that as a little pathetic, but whatever, he is holding up perhaps the weakest Finals team in history, and singlehandedly has reasonable fans such as myself saying "if he can win in Cleveland tonight, there's a good chance he takes the title". I'll cut him a little slack.

Well, if it was Kendrick Perkins, we'd all just assume he had it coming.

Lebron does seem to have a knack for rubbing people the wrong way. Personally, the "best player" thing doesn't bother me. It sounds to me like he is almost giving himself a pep talk. I can do this. I want this championship so much, and it feels so close and I am going to do it and it will happen because I am the best and no one can stop me because I am the best.

Yes, you could interpret that as a little pathetic, but whatever, he is holding up perhaps the weakest Finals team in history, and singlehandedly has reasonable fans such as myself saying "if he can win in Cleveland tonight, there's a good chance he takes the title". I'll cut him a little slack.

Yeah, the comment didn't bother me much, I just thought it was odd. No one with half a brain is challenging the assertion, so why bother making it? It wasn't nearly as annoying as his proclamation regarding Cleveland's opener this season as being the most important sporting event ever.

I just thought it was odd. No one with half a brain is challenging the assertion, so why bother making it?

My point exactly. And what Jamie L. said, but, MJ wouldn't make that comment while he played. He did go on a bit of a rant during his HOF speech though.

ETA: Cavs win tonight and its going back to GS. Oh, and did the MVP make an appearance or what? That's one smooth dude. Where Lebron gets his through his "beautiful mind' and sometimes just plain brute strength, Curry is what every young player wants to play like. When he gets in his rhythm, its like he's on the playground. And you can't help but stand up when you see some of the moves he uses, then steps back and makes it rain. I love watching him. This has been a very entertaining series.

ETA: Cavs win tonight and its going back to GS. Oh, and did the MVP make an appearance or what? That's one smooth dude. Where Lebron gets his through his "beautiful mind' and sometimes just plain brute strength, Curry is what every young player wants to play like. When he gets in his rhythm, its like he's on the playground. And you can't help but stand up when you see some of the moves he uses, then steps back and makes it rain. I love watching him. This has been a very entertaining series.

Yeah, it's like trying to cover a ghost. When he's on, there's nothing you can do 1 on 1 to contain the arsenal of moves he can unleash to give him the split second he needs to get a high percentage 3 off. Heck, at the end of game 3, in the middle of a run where Curry was just raining down 3's the Cavs ran 4 guys at him and he still found that split second opening to bury one from 27 feet. No wonder so much of the Cavs strategy has been trapping him and making him give up the ball. There's at least hope you can recover against the permanent 4 v 3 trapping creates. There's no hope to contain Curry, when he's on, 1 on 1. He shoots 3's like other guys shoot FTs.

Archived