NBA Finals 2015 - Lebron vs. The Warriors vs. MJ

Jaime L

I love you Warriors fans here. Y'all haven't rubbed it in or made light of Cleveland fans. Nothing but class. You fans deserve it, so enjoy.

Back atcha, LFITA. As was mentioned upthread, you guys will be here again soon. If they can keep your big three together along with Mozgov and Thompson, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Congrats to Tyrion and Manhole and the other Warriors fans on the board. This was the best team by far all season. Such a deserving champ in terms of performance, entertainment value and sticking it to all the teams and analysts who refuse to embrace the latest analytics and still traffic in bromides like "a jump shooting team can't win a title". *cough* Charles Barkley *cough*

Now it's a question who can catch the Warriors. They're not exactly old and they're deep as fuck. I expect a healthy Cleveland team to be back here but I don't think Love and Irving alone would have been enough to overcome this Warriors team. Every piece matters. It'd be fun as fuck if these two teams meet in the ifnals again next year.

Thanks Jaime. I was 11 when they did this last time and I honestly didn't know if I'd ever see another one. They were historically great this year and I like to think I won't have to wait another 40 years for the next one.

As for the Cavs, I expect them to completely own the East the next 3-5 years. Probably better than even money these 2 teams meet next year in the Finals. We might of just witnessed the birth of a nice little rivalry.

LITA's ideal offseason for the Cavs: Keep Love. Go after a real backup point guard like Aaron Brooks. Re-sign Thompson. Start Shumpert over Smith, if you're keeping both. Ideally, you'd be able to find a legitimate starting 2 guard and get rid of Smith. Find an athletic stretch 3 and D guy at the 3 position to spell LeBron.

That's legit shocking. Behind-the-box-scores guys don't win glamour awards let alone guys who are so bad at FTs that it becomes a strategy to exploit by the other team.

But he was the steadiest Warrior all series. And the most critical for a team of Finals neophytes going toe to toe with Lebron James. A solid choice...if you're determined to give it to a Warrior.

Yeah, if you are going to pick a Warrior, it had to be Iggy. That roster change at the start of game 4 sparked a 3-0 run.

I love you Warriors fans here. Y'all haven't rubbed it in or made light of Cleveland fans. Nothing but class. You fans deserve it, so enjoy.

Hey, I know how I'd feel if we lost, say, Klay and Draymond. I would be surprised if the Cavs don't open as the favorites in Vegas to take it all next year. No way in hell the Cavs aren't playing next June. I just hope it's against us.

Hey, I know how I'd feel if we lost, say, Klay and Draymond. I would be surprised if the Cavs don't open as the favorites in Vegas to take it all next year. No way in hell the Cavs aren't playing next June. I just hope it's against us.

As a Cleveland fan, I don't deserve to be optimistic. I will believe it when I see it.

Those odds are already up. Cavs are favs in 2016.

So Lebron is the leader in all three major categories in the finals. He led (I am counting both teams here) in points, rebounds and assists :stunned:

Also he is the only player to avg 35/10/5 (he cleared this bar quite comfortably) in a final.

So Lebron is the leader in all three major categories in the finals. He led (I am counting both teams here) in points, rebounds and assists :stunned:

Also he is the only player to avg 35/10/5 (he cleared this bar quite comfortably) in a final.

Yeah, those are crazy numbers. As much as I hate to admit it, he really should've gotten the award.

So much elation and euphoria as a Warrior fan right now. My parents immigrated to the US/Bay Area when I was 6, in 1976, and I quickly became a Warriors fan, but I had just missed their championship in '75. So it's the first NBA championship I've ever experienced as a fan after nearly a 4 decade wait. I am beside myself.

As for Lebron James and the Cavs: respect.

I know I can't comprehend what Cleveland fans feel right now, and I won't pretend to. But I think there is a measure of empathy, especially from fans of Oakland teams like the Warriors, A's, and Raiders. Hell in college sports, I'm a fan of the Cal Bears who are in Berkeley, a town over from Oakland, and they haven't won a championship in a revenue college sport in a drought about as long as Cleveland's. The pro teams have won, but it's been a long time, 3-4 decades for Warriors' and Raiders' championships, and the Raiders had a defection to L.A. mixed in. The A's won in '89, sweeping the San Francisco Giants of all teams, but of course a MF'ing major earthquake had to happen right during the series to cover it all in tragedy.

I've traveled quite a bit for work, including to Cleveland for a few week stints, and I will say that while the Bay Area as a whole is nothing like Cleveland, Oakland in particular has at least a sliver of Cleveland to it. I live in San Francisco now, but I grew up in the east bay, and I get it. At least a little. And I think so do most long-time Warrior fans.

Nothing is certain in life or sports, but I do think the Cavs have a better shot to be back in the Finals than any team, Warriors included (especially with the Western Conference being what it is). If they get Irving, Love, and Varejao back, or perhaps some swapped pieces here and there, the King will have his supporting cast. Of course, if that does come to pass, in the Finals, Cleveland would again face a tough team from the West. I just hope its the Warriors. That would be epic to see the two teams go toe to toe at full strength.

Archived