(spoilers) Davos role in ep 10

Numantia

I like the idea of having Davos in the wall counseling Jon for some time and even commanding some of them in a battle with the WW (he is a natural leader and I am sure men would follow him)... if Jon survives.

Maybe a possible set of events could be:

Ep. 10: -> Davos arriving to the wall -> He finds the mutiny and I can see D&D creating a small WW attack so in the middle of the chaos, Davos even not being a NW member, is the only one who starts commanding the men (all the rest being in shock) and men follow him to the battle (I know that there are too many events in this chapter to create another battle that doesn't exist in the books, but a battle with the WW is probablye the only thing that could somehow stabilize the situation in the wall after the FTW)

Season 6: -> They achieve to control this first attack to the wall ->Jon somehow survives ¿? I am not sure whether they would use magic/warging... I believe they will use just medicine and Sam's knowledge (otherwise, I don't understand why he is still in the wall and not in his way to Oldtown). -> Davos learn about Shireen and he feels betrayed by Stannis so he goes to winterfell (won by Stannis in winterfel battle) to resign (maybe attempts to kill Melisandre?) and returns to the wall to act as a counselor and ranger (with/without taking the black). -> Sam takes care of Jon and after some recovery, Jon decides to send him to Oldtown to become a Maester. -> Sansa tells Jon about Rickon and Bran being alive and Jon decides to send Davos in their search (Theon taking the black?) Here I am not sure about who has any clue in the show about Rickon possible location.

Davos is going to lose faith in Stannis but he may now want to do what Maester Cressen tried to do and rid the world of Mel. Davos has a role to play in the next season, I am sure but if it has anything to do with finding Rickon. We need the show to give us a clue or hint of where he can be found to give Sansa atleast, some hope or focal point.

Davos will not feature in the 10th episode at all is my prediction.

I dont think Davos would ever leave Stannis's side. Nor do I think Jon Snow would receive the pink letter this season.

The actor said in an interview this week his charactor Davos finds out in ep.10.

Sansa tells Jon about Rickon and Bran being alive and Jon decides to send Davos in their search (Theon taking the black?) Here I am not sure about who has any clue in the show about Rickon possible location.

Jon already knows they're alive.

Everyone is saying Davos will resign from Stannis, but I thought the scene where he gives the statue to Shireen WAS his goodbye to her. He knew what was going to happen, since he tried to take Shireen back to the Wall and failed. He is not going to abandon Stannis now, all of a sudden, when he hears she got burned. Plus he needs to rally the rest of the North. No idea if they will keep the Manderlay sub-plot or if they let Davos find Rickon in some other manner: somewhere Osha is hiding him (Howland Reed?).

Everyone is saying Davos will resign from Stannis, but I thought the scene where he gives the statue to Shireen WAS his goodbye to her. He knew what was going to happen, since he tried to take Shireen back to the Wall and failed. He is not going to abandon Stannis now, all of a sudden, when he hears she got burned. Plus he needs to rally the rest of the North. No idea if they will keep the Manderlay sub-plot or if they let Davos find Rickon in some other manner: somewhere Osha is hiding him (Howland Reed?).

I did not get the impression at all that he knew. He was far too up-beat and even ended with a cheerful "read it to me when I get back?" I think he maybe thought Stannis was being weird but I never thought he even suspected he would go so far.

I did not get the impression at all that he knew. He was far too up-beat and even ended with a cheerful "read it to me when I get back?" I think he maybe thought Stannis was being weird but I never thought he even suspected he would go so far.

people are masters at lying to themselves. i think he will think that mel did it and then he will find out it was stannis and it will crush him.

people are masters at lying to themselves. i think he will think that mel did it and then he will find out it was stannis and it will crush him.

Maybe. Just seems to me after the lengths he went to to protest Gendry he would do far more for his substitute daughter if he suspected at all.

Maybe. Just seems to me after the lengths he went to to protest Gendry he would do far more for his substitute daughter if he suspected at all.

for gendry for most of the time all he could do was be there and say don't do it. he also got the element of surprise by sending him away before the need became great.

again i think he knew but was lying to himself.

That was my reading as well, although we seem to be in the far minority lol. But yeah, I thought he knew what was gonna happen.

Quest for one of the stark children but they change so many things in the show I dont know which one ...

I don't think it makes much sense to go on a quest for the Stark boys on the show because Sansa is already in WF. Seems like that fact defeats the purpose.

I'm guessing that the letter Davos will bring to Jon expresses Stannis' intentions of burning Shireen, and this is how Davos finds out. I really have no idea where Show Davos will go from here. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if he sails a ship to Mereen and joins Team Dany. Maybe he will deliver a shipment of onions to a beleaguered Mereen, and as reward he is brought into the inner circle (after Dany chops off 4 more fingertips from his other hand).

Davos is going to Be super pissed and overcome with grief. No way he's helping Stannis ever again. and the NW are going to blame Jon for supporting that lunatic when he tries to send supplies or even go to Winterfell himself. #FinalStraw

So Davos was willing to be put to death, by saving Gendry and getting him to safety at all costs. But he willingly, accepted that it was ok for Shireen to die and decided against trying to free her? He knew the princesses far longer than Gendry. Basically treated her, like she was a daughter and clearly loved her and people really think that he knew she would be put to death. Then he decided to just ride away, leaving her to said painful death. Getting lucid folks

Archived