So he's gone? Dead? Not coming back?

Tooms

After Sansa's "empowerment" and Dorne and Sand Snakes "BIG" scene in the final episode, I learned to doubt the meaning of word "BIG scene" in the next season.

I suspect Melisandre would be the one to revive Jon. Although I suspect she will not survive to the end of next season. Perhaps they will make Jon "dark" by having him kill her for whatever reason, after she revives him.

I was thinking something similiar to this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jamrudGfC4 :P(about 40 seconds in)

More purposeful lying from Kit Harington...

Kit Harington: ‘It’s Like I’ve Been Sitting on This Big F*cking Secret’

http://www.vulture.com/2015/06/kit-harington-couldnt-wait-for-you-to-find-out.html?mid=fb-share-vulture

They even had Bradley shot down the theories. Terrible idea. Bradley said Melissandre can't revive him because of proximity. Well, we all know she's in fact in close proximity to Jon. In Jon's other interview, he said he didn't read all the books. Now it says he read ADWD. :dunno:

They even had Bradley shot down the theories. Terrible idea. Bradley said Melissandre can't revive him because of proximity. Well, we all know she's in fact in close proximity to Jon. In Jon's other interview, he said he didn't read all the books. Now it says he read ADWD. :dunno:

Yeah, like does she have to be right on top of Jon for the appropriate proximity?

Not sure if discussed here already or not, didn't feel like reading through all 20+ pages of replies. My friend and I were discussing Jon's death, he brought up the most simplest view that I never really thought of for some reason. He said, Jon will be revived either by Melissandre or when they go to burn his body. He will have died, so he will now be free to leave the Night's Watch, and Robb had made Jon legitimized as his heir(neither one of us could remember if this was just in the book or on the show as well) . So Kit Harrington may not be lying when he says Jon Snow is "really" dead, because he may emerge now Jon Stark, or maybe even Azor Ahai reborn.

I absolutely believe Jon will be back. It would be horrible story-telling for him to die now (and stay dead anyway). We just had the brilliant Hardhome episode that finally showed us what the threat really was. Makes everything else that has been happening seem very inconsequential and also makes the point why dragons are needed. No way you have that kind of set up and then take Jon out of the equation. That would just be incredibly bad storytelling, and GRRM, for some of his flaws as a writer, is a great storyteller. Plus, the hero always "dies" (or has some trip to the underworld thing happening). During that trip, he gains knowledge or some other boon. This is basic myth cycle stuff. For all GRRM is supposedly a killer of tropes, he follows the myth cycle pretty damn well. There's a reason those story beats are in stories across time and cultures...we like them. They tend to be successful. GRRM is not an idiot. He knows his audience.

Not sure if discussed here already or not, didn't feel like reading through all 20+ pages of replies. My friend and I were discussing Jon's death, he brought up the most simplest view that I never really thought of for some reason. He said, Jon will be revived either by Melissandre or when they go to burn his body. He will have died, so he will now be free to leave the Night's Watch, and Robb had made Jon legitimized as his heir(neither one of us could remember if this was just in the book or on the show as well) . So Kit Harrington may not be lying when he says Jon Snow is "really" dead, because he may emerge now Jon Stark, or maybe even Azor Ahai reborn.

If Jon is to be released from his NW duty, I would personally prefer it to be because the Wall has come down and the Others/WW are defeated.

I absolutely believe Jon will be back. It would be horrible story-telling for him to die now (and stay dead anyway). We just had the brilliant Hardhome episode that finally showed us what the threat really was. Makes everything else that has been happening seem very inconsequential and also makes the point why dragons are needed. No way you have that kind of set up and then take Jon out of the equation. That would just be incredibly bad storytelling, and GRRM, for some of his flaws as a writer, is a great storyteller. Plus, the hero always "dies" (or has some trip to the underworld thing happening). During that trip, he gains knowledge or some other boon. This is basic myth cycle stuff. For all GRRM is supposedly a killer of tropes, he follows the myth cycle pretty damn well. There's a reason those story beats are in stories across time and cultures...we like them. They tend to be successful. GRRM is not an idiot. He knows his audience.

Spot on. Yes, GRRM loves to throw in plenty of anti-trope twists, but he is first and foremost an epic fantasy storyteller - and regardless of his hero's ultimate fate, that hero first must play out his part until that end (that which MAKES him the hero)....and anyone who has read the books and spent even a the smallest amount of time thinking about the many, many clues and hints GRRM has (admittedly) planted throughout the first five books (many of which have also made it into the HBO series) knows that Jon's story, as a hero, is not done.

For anyone questioning WHY they would be in this denial campaign - all you need to do is look at this thread. 28 pages so far - and it's one of THOUSANDS across the internet, keeping people buzzing about Game of Thrones. The series finale was two weeks ago and we're all still obsessed with finding even the smallest clue that Kit Harrington and Jon will be back. They will.

And once we have "proof" of that then instead of worrying about IF he'll be back, we'll all still be sitting here debating HOW he'll be back.

Brilliant marketing.

^^agree entirely,

As for these EW interviews with Kit, D&D and Nutter, let's face it, if they at any point dodge questions. The game is up, Jon is coming back. So they have to say he is dead and lay it on thick enough for people to believe it. kit has already been spotted in Belfast, whether this is genuine or not is another question.

They really think he's dead, after the author said, "Oh, you think he's dead, do you?" and that he'd find out about his parentage eventually. They might want to wait a bit, and see.

That's funny, in the article above, Kit says "This is the most depressing TV show in history."

I was just watching episode 4 and 5 again and now looking back it seems to be foreshadowing Mel bringing John back. As well as her talking to John as she used to talk to and inspire Stannis when she believed in him, and trying to seduce him, they also exchanged meaningful looks as she was leaving, which at the time seemed more like lust but now seem more significant.

And in 4 they had Rhaegar mentioned twice. Barristan talking about Rhaegar's singing and kindness, which was done to make Barristan and Dany bond and thus make his death later more poignant, but they could have chosen any backstory. And then comes LF and his memory of the silver-haired Rhaegar defeating Barristan at Harrenhal and choosing Lyanna and thus starting the whole Throne Game off.

Also when his great great uncle Aemon of all people says - kill the boy and let the man be born, is this not a direct foreshadowing of the killing of Snow so the Targaryen/New hope/AA can be born?

As a writer, I see all these deliberate playbacks being introduced so the payoff later is Mel to bring back Jon and for him to be the child of R and L. Warging into Ghost is not possible now as this in Jon has not been foreshadowed or introduced earlier and thus cannot be used credibly now. Bran is far too distant in the story for this to crossover plausibly into Jon now, so it would be far too Deus Ex Machina and is why Ghost was not uttered but Olly, who has been setup as his killer all season long, esp after Sam practically gave him permission by uttering the clumsy line along the lines of - you must do the right thing even when it looks all wrong.

Been re-watching the Sam - Olly talk, the entire conversation is about Jon and the wildlings and Sam's justification. When Sam says 'don't worry Olly, I've being worrying about Jon for years... He always comes back' it's almost out of context with the conversation beforehand. Seems like a deliberate line written in,

Comic Con 2015 should be very, very interesting for fans.

The proper questions will be raised like. " will Jon be ressurected" "will Jon stay dead" these are the questions that need putting to the cast and crew.

So, Comic Con SHOULD or hopefully, shed some light or dash all hope. 😓

Archived