So he's gone? Dead? Not coming back?

Tooms

They do set up things such as Brienne killing Stannis which not many believed would happen but was made pretty clear since Renly's death, as was Olly killing Jon.

I believe the show runners/writers made this manifest as far back as episode 2.5 (if not earlier?), when Brienne swore an oath of fealty to Catelyn pending a very important condition.

https://youtu.be/jjZNSFvIMJY?t=2m

IF and that's a 'BIG IF' Jon is bought back

It WILL be in season 6, think about it... they have a 7 season plan, with elements of TDWD and the entirety of TWOW and ADOS to cover, leaving Jon's ressurection to the final season will leave them little time to cover other stories. IF Jon is bought back it will be in season 6, I just can't imagine D&D leaving this til the last minute with 2 and abit books to cover. If he is left out of season 6, it will be because he ain't coming back, or.... GRRM is leaving the cliffhanger until Dream of Spring.

Brienne didn't actually have to kill Stannis, though. What a character says in book 2 is not necessarily what they will do in book 4 or 5. The journey from here to there in a good story is where something happens in between, that has meaning.

The only reason people think it won't be until Season 7 is because Kit Harrington said he wouldnt' be around. That is it. Some people find it too awful to believe. . . an actor . . . would lie! If they leave him out for 10 episodes, it would be a huge mistake.

^^ agreed, if the ressurection is in Winds, stands a good chance he is in season 6 as it will have to run paralleled TWOW story elements, obviously not the same elements because D&D won't have a clue what's in TWOW

Props to Kit Harington and the show runners, they made almost everyone believe that Jon Snow is dead and not coming back. It’s amusing how people readily jumped into that. It’s exactly what they wanted.

Seriously though, I can’t see him skip season 6. He’s a major character and pov at the wall, no one can take his place. It’ll be hard for the viewers to invest on that story line without him. And if next season focuses on Tyrion waltzing around in Mereen, Arya being blind, Sam studying to become a master, more Dornish nonsense – that would be a disaster that might kill the show. Not to mention the entire build-up of the white walkers in season 5 would be for nothing.

My problem isn't with whether they're lying about Jon being resurrected. It's my fear that even if they do it, they may replace Kit with somebody else to play the new Jon Targ. It's one thing to dance around Jon "Snow" being "dead", but another to have the actor say he was told "that's it, you're done with the show."

Either way, if Jon doesn't come back, or if he does and it's not Kit, that will be the my endpoint for show watching. You can't be expected to get reinvested in another actor with so much already happened, and only two seasons left.

How on earth does a body swap work? We have no history of that in any material in the show. Why has this theory popped up? it has no basis in the books, and no one has ever suggested it until KH said he wasn't coming back. Simplest explanation is that KH is lying. Or, worse, that he's telling the truth. But it strains everything we know to think they'll raise him from the dead to be played by a different actor. Network would throw an absolute shit fit considering they created KH and his popularity is extremely important to show's sucess. They aren't going to throw that away on some unknown actor when they could just use him.

Switching bodies would also sort of kill the importance of "who are Jon's parents" plot. If it's now a different body, that means the blood, bones, DNA, etc of the body created by R+L (assuming they are the parents, which, let's face it we all know they are) is no more and whatever power that potentially went along with being ice and fire dies along with it.

So, no, a body swap is a ridiculous way to go all around. So either Jon will be back in the form of Kit or he won't be back at all.

http://thenewdaily.com.au/entertainment/2015/06/22/will-red-lady-revive-jon-snow/

Interview today with Carice van Houten (Melisandre):

Just to add to the speculation, Carice Van Houten, the actress who plays the Red Woman, has hinted her character will have a major task to perform when the show returns for a sixth season.

We last saw Melisandre riding up to Castle Black after abandoning Stannis and his army, arriving just before Jon Snow was unceremoniously killed by his Night’s Watch brothers.

“You’ve seen her clock Jon Snow, which is a great ending because you think, ‘Uh oh, what’s going to happen there?’,” Van Houten says of her character’s appearance in the finale.

“You feel that she is concentrating more and more towards Jon Snow … there are slight hints that something’s going to happen.”

So, will this “something” be Jon Snow’s miraculous return at the hands of Melisandre’s magic?

The rumours of Jon Snow and Melisandre teaming up have been rife since she attempted to seduce him back in episode four.

While Van Houten is obviously under strict orders not to share too much information about the show’s future, she does let slip that something big is in store for Melisandre.

“I was doing ADR the other day and then the producer was there and he was saying something that I’ve heard before, which is quite spectacular, for next year, which I really can’t say anything about,” the 38-year-old teased.

Switching bodies would also sort of kill the importance of "who are Jon's parents" plot. If it's now a different body, that means the blood, bones, DNA, etc of the body created by R+L (assuming they are the parents, which, let's face it we all know they are) is no more and whatever power that potentially went along with being ice and fire dies along with it.

So, no, a body swap is a ridiculous way to go all around. So either Jon will be back in the form of Kit or he won't be back at all.

Don't lump me in with the rest of you. That is just a crackpot theory.

But another question: assuming he does NOT return and is dead (like in stone dead forever) / will not be ressurrected: how would you react? what are the possible implications for the story?

I fear I would massively lose interest in the whole story, simply nobody really left to root for.

I understand. I think I would lose interest too b/c it would represent a decline in quality of storytelling for me. As I pointed out in another thread, why the lengthy build up of a character and numerous "character building" events and then kill him off? Look at what Jon has achieved so far: I don't think his death is justified from a storytelling perspective

I fear I would massively lose interest in the whole story, simply nobody really left to root for.

Which is exactly why he (Kit) will be back. There is absolutely no doubt unless god forbid something happens to the actor himself, Jon Snow/Stark/Targaryen/AAR/TPTWP/THE SONG OF ICE AND FIRE will be back. It's HIS story.

I listened to Carice in the DVD commentary and she isn't the smartest tool in the box, also maybe her English is not that strong, but she was mocked mercilessly by Liam Cunningham/Davos throughout, so not surprised she has leaked a bit of info. Was also funny how utterly dazed and confused she was on Thronecast when asked to describe epsiode 10. She is gorgeous tho, best looking cast member in real life.

They can't change Kit to another actor now, would be just better to kill him off for good. The only way this happens is if Kit and they have had a falling out or Kit refuses to do any more, which has not been reported so far.

Archived