So Who is Actually Dead? [All Spoilers]

WIthout Stannis there is no "game of thrones", as in there is no multi contender struggle for the throne. We simply have Dany and cersei (tommon is just a pawn both on the show and books) and cersei is already on her way out. And they decided to cut Faegon, so what is left?

So it makes sense for them to keep stannis in.

I think they have enough material for the game of thrones with Cersei, the Tyrells, Dany, Littlefinger, the Boltons, and the Greyjoys (casting call for Euron or Victarion next season), and possibly Jon.

Selyse: dead
Myranda: dead

some random FM: dead

Ser Meryn F. Trant: Hmmm... I wonder...

Theon and Sansa: both alive

Myrcella: dead or dying

Trystane: alive for now, though in a very dangerous situation

Stannis: probably dead, but I wouldn't be surprised either way

Jon: dead, but not for long

Could just be misdirection though. I mean it's only a cliffhanger if we think he is did. Personally I think there is a solid chance that Stannis has finally kicked the bucket, but at the same time that cutaway was super cliche. Ultimately you gotta follow the rule, no body = no death.

As for Jon Snow, I'm sure others have said this before but I'm definitely in the Rez camp. I think Melisendre's arrival is too convenient, and that Jon was always meant for more than the wall. This way his vows are ended and he's free to become Jon Stark. I just can't see what reason there could be for keeping him dead.

Myrcella is probably dead. She was too kind and gentle, she would have been offed at some point.

Theon and Sansa are alive obviously.

Am I missing anyone? Oh and I think Arya will get her sight back once she really becomes No One.

I'm really not sure on Jon's fate. I was most definately convinced he had to be resurrected. But the more press I read the more likely it seems that he will not be returning. I do think that this total denial of a comeback seems weird if he is to return. Yes, you wouldn't expect to be told he was 100% back, but neither would a flat rejection make much sense.

Another thing about stannis. when he says " go on do your duty" brienne makes an expression like she's surprised and moved. if they really killed him off why the hell did they do that?

Agree with this. Brienne is all about duty. Perhaps at that moment she realised she had a duty to save the Stark girls rather than exact revenge for a dead guy. At that time I think she realised Stannis could be helpful to get back Sansa.

Jon Snow gets resurrected by Mel. He now out of his oath can become Starkgaryan. Jon, Davos and Maybe Mel (think resurrecting him may kill her) along with the free folk (replacing the Mt clans in the book.) Brienne takes Stannis as a hostage. They along with Pod find Sansa and Theon go to castlebalck on the way two groups meet up. Stannis learns that Jon is AA names him his heir. Takes the black after they take winterfell. Littlefinger and the Vale are coming replacing the Manderleys in the books. Davos can go to Last Hearth to get Rickon

Hey, I just realized Shireen "died" offscreen...

that's different. We see her being engulfed by flames, we just don't see the actual burning of her flesh, there is no ambiguity in this case. With stannis the equivalent with shireen would have been to show brienne's sword splatter blood after her swing, but that's not what they showed. instead they left it ambiguous intentionally . . . . cause they didn't actually kill him.

If stannis is dead then who is actually the next rightful heir to the throne and has the most legitimate claim ?

I don't think Stannis is dead. But the only reason Brienne would let him live is if he promised to help save Sansa and then join the watch so it is irrelevant.

Nobody, the Baratheon line is by right of conquest. Distant relatives can't claim allegiance on that basis. Tommen and Myrcella are the last living legitimate issue. There is nobody left living with a right to dispute their legitimacy. But Tommen rules by right of conquest regardless as the last survivor of the war of five Kings.

What is probably a better question is what Tommen is king of. He does not appear to have much authority outside Kings Landing. The King in the North has not bent the knee to him.

I have a feeling Stannis is not dead.

Prior to Brienne encountering Stannis, she had an expectation for the type of man she was going to face; a strong warrior, bold, and villainous (due to his use of blood magic to kill his own brother). What she is actually presented with is a defeated, broken man who willingly allows her to take his life. Stannis' redeeming quality throughout the books has been his recognition of "what is just" and despite being faced with execution, he honestly answers her question regarding Renly's death and accepts the consequences of his actions; "do your duty". I think that might have resonated with her, so perhaps she has discovered another purpose for him other than death?

Or his head is lying against a tree somewhere near Winterfell lol. :dunno:

Archived