So what next for the Boltons?

Well he's certainly leading the side which is most adapted to the winter.

And Winter is Coming - it's as much a battle cry, as it is a warning, for the solemn and currently abused Starks.

The wolves will return, and defeat the interloping Bolton dogs - and when the wolves come, they'll bring the full, shambling, blue eyed fury of winter with them, I wager.

Yep, I can say that I really do not care where the Bolton story is going. Maybe D&D have some touching father/son moments for us like Stannis did with Shireen. Wait, only, the Boltons are 1 dimensional bad guys who have raped and killed our protagonists. If they dare show us touching scenes between House Bolton then I'm sure it will make for a great dark comedy but thats it. Show has jumped the shark. It jumped the shark with Dorne and jumped it again with Sansa's rape and more of Ramsay's torture and it jumped it again with Brienne overcoming the odds again and again and killing Stannis. Whatever happens to the Boltons, I'm sure it will be less of a story and more of a "who are they going to torture now." Maybe Ramsay torturing cats all season will make for great drama? I can just see the shot, Ramsay starts flaying a kitten and the looks at the camera and says "I wanted a good girl, but I NEEDED a bad pussy, bwahahahahahaha!"

In all seriousness why are they still alive? Why does D&D think they are more important to the plot then Stannis? An why does Stannis have "monstrous qualities" that need to be his end but the Boltens don't?

Stories (or big sagas) need antagonists.

Stannis may not be dead.

Stories (or big sagas) need antagonists.

Stannis may not be dead.

I agree but stories do not need the antagonists to become the protagonists in Season 6 or even come close to having that kind of screen time. I'm fine with the Boltons as 1 dimensional bad guys for 4 or 5 seasons as redundant as that can be, I understand the need for that kind of antagonist in your story. Honestly though, trying to make them anything more than that at this point in the story is really silly. If they wanted them to have more character depth then they should have done that before they killed our protagonists at dinner and then raped their daughter every night in Season 5.

I agree but stories do not need the antagonists to become the protagonists in Season 6 or even come close to having that kind of screen time. I'm fine with the Boltons as 1 dimensional bad guys for 4 or 5 seasons as redundant as that can be, I understand the need for that kind of antagonist in your story. Honestly though, trying to make them anything more than that at this point in the story is really silly. If they wanted them to have more character depth then they should have done that before they killed our protagonists at dinner and then raped their daughter every night in Season 5.

If this is a fantasy story with a message of you need to become a monster to defeat a monster, the human monsters have to be humanised as much as possible to get the point across. If we are meant to, eventually, sympathise with the White Walkers and CotF, as I suspect we are, we have to be gradually drawn into a situation where we accept that the majority of humans left in Westeros deserve death.

We got Mel, LF, Cersei, The Sand Snakes, the HS, Euron Greyjoy next season,Walder Frey and of course the WW the Boltens are such small potatoes in the grand scheme

Yep, and we are going to need all of them as fodder, half for Dany's dragons to burn and eat and half for winter to defeat.

Try and imagine, for a second, that the White Walkers could be on the more heroic side - if you do, you can see that every bad human is important to the story.

We got Mel, LF, Cersei, The Sand Snakes, the HS, Euron Greyjoy next season,Walder Frey and of course the WW the Boltens are such small potatoes in the grand scheme

Why are any of these other characters bigger than the Boltons? The sand snakes? Nobody gives a toss about them really. Frey is an old man whose time is up. Euron is a non factor. The High sparrow isnt going to be anything more than what you see.

Plus the Boltons are pure evil...only the Walkers I believe are surpassing them come the future of the storylines. Possibly LF but he is one dude.

If Sansa and Reek hadn't escaped, I could imagine this happening with show Ramsay.

In all seriousness, given what the world of Westeros has become, Ramsay is currently more well adapted to survive it than many others. He's good in the snow, is living in the best winter proof castle, can fight and has no moral conscience. As Westeros descends into the Long Night and chaos, it makes sense that he will survive longer than many others.

Hmmm my guess now ((in show) is that Sansa and Reek escape and bump into the Wildlings. When she says she is Snow's sister they aid her. Some bring her back to CB? Perhaps then Jon is saved and an army stands outside CB that supports the former LC? Pure speculation but where could Sansa go now? My guess is CB with Reek.

I just hope that D&D give us an interesting end to those responsible in FTW.

I feel like the Boltons are meant to be the big bad for next season until the Others attack. Imagine a shirtless UnRamsay with 20 good UnMen.

They'll defeat the Others with timed fires and commando style raids well before they reach Hereford Winterfell and the SAS Boltons.

I really wish they finished the Boltons this year..I don't see the show having time to focus on them in season 6. Stannis had more endgame story potential than the Boltons and they offed him. The Boltons should have exited the story with him, imo.

Plus, they have to reintroduce the Freys. Who KNOWS. Maybe we WILL get Vale Northern Lords and Frey Pies next year.

That way we can look at season 5 as the true filler season it seems it was meant to be.

I really wish they finished the Boltons this year..I don't see the show having time to focus on them in season 6. Stannis had more endgame story potential than the Boltons and they offed him. The Boltons should have exited the story with him, imo.

Plus, they have to reintroduce the Freys. Who KNOWS. Maybe we WILL get Vale Northern Lords and Frey Pies next year.

That way we can look at season 5 as the true filler season it seems it was meant to be.

Episode 4, Season Six: A large army coming from South-East with Manderly, Skagosi and Humbers surrounds Winterfell. At the head of the army, a black Direwolf and Rickon riding him.

In all seriousness why are they still alive? Why does D&D think they are more important to the plot then Stannis? An why does Stannis have "monstrous qualities" that need to be his end but the Boltens don't?

I really don't get why they went this direction. It was a complete mess and Stannis only lost because of forced plot changes.

3000 sellswords ride out with all the horses and nobody tells Stannis until morning.

An entire army of Bolton cavalry riding towards Stannis and nobody knows.

Awful, awful, awful, awful, awful writing.

Archived