The Beginning of TWOW. Will this happen?

KingStannisFan

Stannis won't die in the Battle of Winterfell. He still has to face off against Dany. He's one of the lies she must slay. 

Why is he a lie?

Her father MURDERED Rickard and Brandon Stark, and wanted to burn his own capital to the ground, etc. SHE is the lie! And her parents were brother and sister. EW

Also, I'd like to see King Stannis at the end against Dany too, but the way the show has deviated the storyline I don't know. Does anyone know if Stephen Dillane is in Belfast?

To be honest, I'm kind of saddened by the infighting that goes on between "book" people and "show" people across various sites.  I enjoy both and while I prefer the books I just don't see some of the bashing of the show.

I loved the show... Until season 4 episode 8.

The convoluted mess that was season 5 has shaken my faith severely. And unlike others I am seemingly not on HBO's payroll. I'm not afraid to call them out on sexism, giant plot holes, and hamfisted writing. I am not a book purist, I applaud changes. When they're done correctly... They haven't done so in any sense of the word. Attempted "fixes" have not made any of the less awesome storylines better.

I know we shouldn't take the show at face value, but I fail to see how he'll live long-term given his fate there. My guess is he'll look like he's won the Battle of Ice only to die in a final twist at the end of a chapter, most likely by the hand of the remaining Bolton (unsure which one that will be, but I suspect Roose).

Actually its a pretty popular idea Stannis is not dead in the show.  Every time some one dies they are shown being physically killed. Take Ned for example they cut the frame after the sword entered his neck so there was no question.  If i remember correctly we never actually saw Bri stab Stannis. We dont hear the sword hit we dont see the sword hit. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/39vdr7/spoilers_aired_about_stannis_and_that_other/

Weiss noted that when filming a show or movie, the ambiguity of Martin’s final Dance with Dragons chapter is tougher to pull off. A producer typically has to clearly commit to a character’s fate, one way or the other, and here it seems Thrones has embraced the idea Jon is dead. “In a book, you can present that kind of ambiguity,” Weiss said. “In a show, everybody sees it for what it is. It’s that rule: ‘If don’t see the body then they’re not really dead.’ Like when we cut Ned’s head off, we didn’t want a gory Monty Python geyser of blood, but we needed to see the blade enter his neck and cut out on the frame where the blade was mid-neck—it was longest discussion ever of where to cut a frame; two hours of talking about whether to cut at frame six or frame seven or frame eight. And that’s all by way of saying we needed Ned’s death to be totally unambiguous. I remember reading the book and going back and forth, like, ‘Did I miss something? Was [Ned] swapped out for somebody else?’ There’s a level of ambiguity because you’re not seeing something starkly represented. In the book, you can write around things to preserve a certain level of mystery that you have to commit to on screen.”

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-snow-really-dead

So Stannis living in the show is a pretty valid theory

My friend thinks King Stannis will die within 50 pages. Do you think this will happen? Do you think there is any decent chance that King Stannis will make it out of the entire book alive?

No, yes.

As I see it there are three things any death needs to check:

- The vision he has of himself being burned to ash by his crown.

- The vision Dany has of him, regarding lies to slay.

- Shireen getting burned.

Dying within 50 pages of the book beginning would require fairly shit explanations for the above. e.g the crown vision is totally a metaphor and just means he will die at some point, the lie Dany will slay is just a few insignificant survivors still believing in Stannis as AA, and Shireen gets burned by Mel as a way to revive Stannis/Jon.

Actually its a pretty popular idea Stannis is not dead in the show.  Every time some one dies they are shown being physically killed. Take Ned for example they cut the frame after the sword entered his neck so there was no question.  If i remember correctly we never actually saw Bri stab Stannis. We dont hear the sword hit we dont see the sword hit. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/39vdr7/spoilers_aired_about_stannis_and_that_other/

My main worry is I have not found any reports of King Stannis being spotted in Belfast, and Jon Snow has been....

My main worry is I have not found any reports of King Stannis being spotted in Belfast, and Jon Snow has been....

From what I understand the "JON IS DEAD" from Kit, D&D , HBO Executives is a ruse. Well technically Jon died and so they can say he is dead but he will be resurrected by Mel and continue his role in the show.  And be in the next season

A loop hole if you will.

From what I understand the "JON IS DEAD" from Kit, D&D , HBO Executives is a ruse. Well technically Jon died and so they can say he is dead but he will be resurrected by Mel and continue his role in the show.  And be in the next season

A loop hole if you will.

I meant I mean it shows he is coming back... but what about King Stannis?

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/14/game-thrones-jon-snow-really-dead

So Stannis living in the show is a pretty valid theory

The director of the episode said he is dead

Foreshadowed how?

ASOS - Chapter 54, Stannis is speaking:

"I know the cost! Last night, gazing into that hearth, I saw things in the flames as well. I saw a king, a crown of fire upon his brows, burning...burning, Davos. His own crown consumed his flesh and turned him to ash. Do you think I need Melisandre to tell me what that means? Or you?" The king moved, so his shadow fell upon King's Landing. "If Joffrey should die...what is the life of one bastard boy against a kingdom?"

This could be referring to another king, but I don't think so.

Did you read his whole statement? The mans speech sounds like it was written by Victarion.Regardless, they said the same about Jon. He's clearly coming back.

I don't give a shit who he sounds like, he would know if Stannis survived and he blatantly said Stannis is dead. Jon could be dead and resurrected so what is your point?

I don't give a shit who he sounds like, he would know if Stannis survived and he blatantly said Stannis is dead. Jon could be dead and resurrected so what is your point?

You know why would they say "He may be dead or he may be alive".. then everyone would say HE"S ALIVE! So it's just a red herring

Do stupid little loopholes like this actually mean anything to you? His reasoning was very poor, that's why the context matters. Gratitious? Fuck off. You showed us Sansa's rape. You showed Meryn Trant for fucks sake.

Hasn't anyone told you? Directors lie.

Do stupid little loopholes like this actually mean anything to you? His reasoning was very poor, that's why the context matters. Gratitious? Fuck off. You showed us Sansa's rape. You showed Meryn Trant for fucks sake.Hasn't anyone told you? Directors lie.

Am I suppose to believe wishful thinking Stannatics over the director of the episode?

My friend thinks King Stannis will die within 50 pages. Do you think this will happen? Do you think there is any decent chance that King Stannis will make it out of the entire book alive?

Well, We have Theon's gift chapter which shows Stannis as very much alive, arranging to hire a sell-sword army, and planning to fake his own death (though the text does no elaborate as to how he will do so)...

Put it this way, in the books we are led to believe he died fighting the Bolton's for Winterfell. In the show it's made pretty clear he died fighting the Bolton's for Winterfell. Hard to put it any more plain than that. Now granted there was enough ambiguity about it that it could go either way in both media's as a last minute swerve.. But I don't think they are going to deviate that much from Stannis' fate in the books.

The biggest snag is the whole Shireen burning. And with Mel, Shireen and Selyse at the Wall, that can be accomplished with a desperate Raven from Stannis, Mel knowing of Stannis' fate and trying to resurrect him with Shireen, or even a message from Theon and Jeyne if they are sent to the Wall.

So right now it looks like Stannis is a gonner.

Archived