Acrophobia 19 - Newspaper Headlines - Round 6 Submissions, Round 5 Voting

lil' ghost

Ooh, I just submitted. Didn't realize I had already missed the initial deadline -- sorry!!!!

Btw, it's my birthday today so as a belated gift I suggest everyone try their best to figure out which entry is mine and put it at #1. Yeah, that's fair.  

Consider it done!

And Happy Birthday  :)

Oh yes.  How's the air?  Bad?

The air was terrible this morning and has gotten worse throughout the day. I have been volunteering in the Kansas City party room (a BwBer is running the party) and someone had to run out to buy something, a mere three blocks, and said she had to pull her shirt over her face to breath.

I was going to go back to the con to see the Masquerade, but it's just too ugly out there.

The air was terrible this morning and has gotten worse throughout the day. I have been volunteering in the Kansas City party room (a BwBer is running the party) and someone had to run out to buy something, a mere three blocks, and said she had to pull her shirt over her face to breath.

I was going to go back to the con to see the Masquerade, but it's just too ugly out there.

Well, that's crappy. From what I've heard from a friend that lived there for quite some time (he just moved to Seattle) air quality is bad and it doesn't help that it's "stoner city" lololol

Can you pick up, or have you got any of those medical masks?  Might help a little bit.

Can you pick up, or have you got any of those medical masks?  Might help a little bit.

I was in Beijing when they had the SARS crisis about 12(?) years ago. We knew it was supposed to have spread up there before departing but at the time the Chinese government hadn't told Beijing's citizens. So we were travelling around with medical masks on getting really weird looks until they finally got the news and suddenly there were considerably less people about. The silver lining for us was that we got to see various touristy places practically deserted. We had the Forbidden City all to ourselves!

Apparently it's quite common now to see people in medical masks in Beijing because of the pollution. It's like we started a trend, just a little before its time!

So the point of this is that I second your suggestion of medical/surgical masks.

Round 1 Submissions:

Eddard Stark’s Execution

M F O B N Y D L

1. Morbid facts on beheading: Northman yielded! Damndest luck.

2. "Monarch Family Obviously Bastards" - Ned

Yet Disavowed, Lastly.

3. Murder? Frey's Opinion: "Beheading Northman Yields Dutiful Lords."

4. Mutinous Faithless Oathbreaker Beheaded!!!  Ned...You're Dead!  LOL!!!

5. !!! MANY FOR 'OFFING' BOTHERSOME NED YESTERDAY, NOW LIVID !!!

6. Mad, Foul Oaf Betrays Ned! Yoren's Not Lingering!

7. MANY FLEABOTTOMERS OUTRAGED

"Baelor's 'Nedding' Yesterday, Desecrated Location!"

8. Major Fallout Over Beheading: Northerners Yearned Downed Leader

9. Malcontent 'Fist' Offed. Beheaded Neatly. Young Daughters Lament.

10.                                                MURDER!

Foes Obliterate Beloved Ned. Young Daughters Live?

11. Mob Focused on Beheading, Not Young Daughters’ Loss

Vote for your favorite 4.

Round 2:

The Kingsmoot on the Iron Islands

if you'd like you can write it from from the perspective of someone writing from the Ironborn. "The Ironborn Intelligencer" (thank you Lady B)

M H S C I L N F L

Deadline Tuesday.. not sure on a time yet because I don't know my work schedule.. but, prolly 2pm EST

1st.       7. MANY FLEABOTTOMERS OUTRAGED

"Baelor's 'Nedding' Yesterday, Desecrated Location!"

(Excellent King's Landing perspective. The size and bolding seems excessive and unnecessary and almost made me want to pick something else 1st, but this is just too good. Have faith that people will recognise its excellence)

2nd.      8. Major Fallout Over Beheading: Northerners Yearned Downed Leader

(A nice neutrality to this one, getting in the potential ramifications of the event without sensationalism)

3rd.       3. Murder? Frey's Opinion: "Beheading Northman Yields Dutiful Lords."

(A perspective from The Twins. I like the way this one captures the cautious Frey viewpoint quite astutely.

4th.        11. Mob Focused on Beheading, Not Young Daughters’ Loss

(just  :crying: )

EDIT:

I quite like the open field of this round, the way different perspectives were allowed. This will be somewhat lost with a specific given angle from which to create.

EDIT:
I quite like the open field of this round, the way different perspectives were allowed. This will be somewhat lost with a specific given angle from which to create.

Should I just nix the idea of it being focused from somewhere specific? Cause, you do make a valid point.

1.  7. MANY FLEABOTTOMERS OUTRAGED

"Baelor's 'Nedding' Yesterday, Desecrated Location!"   I love that this gives the perspective of the common man.  Also great that it conveys outrage without specifically coming out and saying Joffrey's a jackass.  Deftly played, ye olde newspaper editor!

2. 5. !!! MANY FOR 'OFFING' BOTHERSOME NED YESTERDAY, NOW LIVID !!!  That's crowdthink for you.  In favor one day, angry about it the next.

3. 10.                                     MURDER!

Foes Obliterate Beloved Ned. Young Daughters Live?   Definitely a Northern perspective. I bet this one doesn't sell in King's Landing.

4. 2. "Monarch Family Obviously Bastards" - Ned
                    Yet Disavowed, Lastly.                           Stannis totally has a clipping of this, with that last bit blacked out, as part of his media kit.

Honorable mention to 11.  Beautiful and sad!

Archived