U.S. Politics - the pre-pre-pre-pre Primary season edition

TerraPrime

Dratted link vanished on me even with a search (maybe somebody else here will have better luck) but it seems Huckabee made a complete ass of himself in Israel a day or two ago. As in venturing well to the right of even the Israeli hardliners. Might have been exhaustion or illness. Or it might be the true fundamentalist Christian attitude towards Israel surfacing: Israel must be preserved just long enough to fulfill its role in end-time prophecies, at which point it gets destroyed.

Dratted link vanished on me even with a search (maybe somebody else here will have better luck) but it seems Huckabee made a complete ass of himself in Israel a day or two ago. As in venturing well to the right of even the Israeli hardliners. Might have been exhaustion or illness. Or it might be the true fundamentalist Christian attitude towards Israel surfacing: Israel must be preserved just long enough to fulfill its role in end-time prophecies, at which point it gets destroyed.

You mean he followed up on his "Obama's Iran deal is so bad he might as well be marching Jews to ovens" comment with something worse?

I found something: 

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/19/mike-huckabee-blunders-his-way-through-israel-press-conference

My goodness, sometimes one forgets what a blithering McJesusite moron he is.

He just does not give a fuck. Look, what would happen if Isreal woul expell all the palestinians to jorden and/or annex the west bank? Nothing to the US: And an even bigger nothing to him.

This is what makes guy like him so dangerous. If it does not go against his very narrow idology and it does not directly hit him in the balls, he does not even bother to think about it.

You mean he followed up on his "Obama's Iran deal is so bad he might as well be marching Jews to ovens" comment with something worse?

I found something: 

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/aug/19/mike-huckabee-blunders-his-way-through-israel-press-conference

My goodness, sometimes one forgets what a blithering McJesusite moron he is.

What the hell is a "McJesusite"? Are you linking Jesus with the popular fast food restaurant McDonalds? Are you claiming followers of the Messiah have a belief he was a Scottish or Irish dude?? I'm sure it means something to you personally but I'm like toucaned out at that.

He just does not give a fuck. Look, what would happen if Isreal woul expell all the palestinians to jorden and/or annex the west bank? Nothing to the US: And an even bigger nothing to him.

This is what makes guy like him so dangerous. If it does not go against his very narrow idology and it does not directly hit him in the balls, he does not even bother to think about it.

Arabs look at Israel and realize what a decent, democratic and hard working people/culture can achieve in the same real estate. Instead of trying to learn a lesson they double down on the hate. Actual no shit genocide is happening right now in the middle east and it has nothing to do with Israel.

What the hell is a "McJesusite"? Are you linking Jesus with the popular fast food restaurant McDonalds?

As I understand it, it's a term critiquing the showy, headline-grabbing type of religion indulged in by certain politicians that has little to do with Christian values as Jesus actually preached them. It's a way of implying that the religion espoused by these people is more like a cheap franchise than a sincere personal belief.

Arabs look at Israel and realize what a decent, democratic and hard working people/culture can achieve in the same real estate. Instead of trying to learn a lesson they double down on the hate. Actual no shit genocide is happening right now in the middle east and it has nothing to do with Israel.

The notion that Israel's only advantages were somehow inherent to the people, and not the enormous amounts of political support and cash invested in the state of Israel from outside its borders (much more than has ever been made available to any Arab state, let alone the Palestinians) is laughable.

Meanwhile, the suggestion that 'Arabs', as a whole, are neither 'decent' nor 'hardworking' is out-and-out racist.

As I understand it, it's a term critiquing the showy, headline-grabbing type of religion indulged in by certain politicians that has little to do with Christian values as Jesus actually preached them. It's a way of implying that the religion espoused by these people is more like a cheap franchise than a sincere personal belief.

Pretty much, and I use it to distinguish the practitioners of said belief from actual Christians. Though I suspect Hayyoth wasn't really looking for an answer -- just another opportunity to use "toucan."

what does "toucaned" mean? I googled it and get ToucanEd, which is some learning aid for teachers. Are you plugging your business Hayoth? Does this relate to the Donald Trump speaking on a 3rd grade level and this is the learning aid to help him speak on a 4th grade level? Something to do with fruit loops? I am really asking here. 

here is your URL [url] http://www.toucaned.com/[/url]

what does "toucaned" mean? I googled it and get ToucanEd, which is some learning aid for teachers. Are you plugging your business Hayoth? Does this relate to the Donald Trump speaking on a 3rd grade level and this is the learning aid to help him speak on a 4th grade level? Something to do with fruit loops? I am really asking here. 

here is your URL > http://www.toucaned.com/

I asked a few pages ago and got no response, except for him to use it again with no further context. I doubt he will explain, since he's mostly just here to troll liberals and make bigoted comments and using that word apparently gives him the sort of superiority jollies he has a tough time getting otherwise.

They hate thems for their freedoms?

The notion that Israel's only advantages were somehow inherent to the people, and not the enormous amounts of political support and cash invested in the state of Israel from outside its borders (much more than has ever been made available to any Arab state, let alone the Palestinians) is laughable.

Meanwhile, the suggestion that 'Arabs', as a whole, are neither 'decent' nor 'hardworking' is out-and-out racist.

Cash invested compared to the oil money of for example saudi arabia?

Yeah, it is to a big part the political vision of Israel combined with the culture and the people which makes the differance. Due to the aggression they faced, well they would probably not have survived without military aid from the US. You may find this laughable and/or rasist, but your opinion does not really change reality.

Antisemitism is common place and unremarkable in Arab media. Hatred of Israel is so widespread that it transcends differences in sect and political affiliation. The Ba'athist Alawites hate Israel. ISIS hates Israel, The Saudis, at least officially, hate Israel. So no claiming that Arabs as a whole despise Israel is not racist it's simply true. And sure Israel has received aid and support, but for the billions that Israel has procured from overseas Jews and western governments I remember the trillions in wealth that has flowed from the industrial world to the middle east to buy their oil. Claiming that the obvious difference in development between Israel and her Arab neighbors can be explained by foreign repatriation is simply false.

I asked a few pages ago and got no response, except for him to use it again with no further context. I doubt he will explain, since he's mostly just here to troll liberals and make bigoted comments and using that word apparently gives him the sort of superiority jollies he has a tough time getting otherwise.

I honestly had no idea that was an actual term. So you making a comparison to McDonalds? Born agains and hamburgers? K

Anyway to answer it kinda means "I can't even!" i.e. I lost my ability to can, My toucan is dead. It's a thing.

Cash invested compared to the oil money of for example saudi arabia?

The thing about oil money, of course, is that it is inherently tied to your real estate - meaning that the comparison is invalid right from the start.

But I'll humour you. Are you suggesting that Saudi Arabia is a less developed country than Israel is? Other than politically, which (again) is not about the real estate nor the industry of the people inhabiting it, that seems... a pretty hard position to defend.

Yeah, it is to a big part the political vision of Israel combined with the culture and the people which makes the differance. Due to the aggression they faced, well they would probably not have survived without military aid from the US. You may find this laughable and/or rasist, but your opinion does not really change reality.

No, it doesn't: it just agrees with it.

Antisemitism is common place and unremarkable in Arab media. Hatred of Israel is so widespread that it transcends differences in sect and political affiliation. The Ba'athist Alawites hate Israel. ISIS hates Israel, The Saudis, at least officially, hate Israel. So no claiming that Arabs as a whole despise Israel is not racist it's simply true.

... I think you need to reread your post and my response.

Arabs look at Israel and realize what a decent, democratic and hard working people/culture can achieve in the same real estate.

They hate thems for their freedoms?

I don't know man. The one country in the middle east that's a democracy, rule of law, emancipation of women and the only place that has gay pride marches. Compared to the rest guess which the progressive western left hates the most?

The thing about oil money, of course, is that it is inherently tied to your real estate - meaning that the comparison is invalid right from the start.

But I'll humour you. Are you suggesting that Saudi Arabia is a less developed country than Israel is? Other than politically, which (again) is not about the real estate nor the industry of the people inhabiting it, that seems... a pretty hard position to defend.

No, it doesn't: it just agrees with it.

... I think you need to reread your post and my response.

Well I didn't mean to suggest that, I guess it came out wrong. More like what an open and secular society can achieve compared to their own.

So no claiming that Arabs as a whole despise Israel is not racist it's simply true. 

Cool. The accusation, however, was that claiming that Arabs as a whole were neither hardworking nor decent is a pretty racist thing to say.

EDIT: I've been ninja'd and I see you've clarified your position to something more reasonable, so disregard this.  

Disregarding the decency or otherwise of Israeli people (as I imagine it varies just as much as in any nation), the nation of Israel is certainly not a decent one. They habitually react to provocation with overwhelming force and hundreds of civilian casualties and have been occupying a foreign territory for decades.  

Nor is its status as a reasonably developed nation based purely off the grit and determination of its people, given that Israel wouldn't even exist were it not for the concerted political and outright geopolitical meddling of Western nations post-WW2. Since then it's had the unwavering support of the most powerful nation on Earth - economic, diplomatic, and military.

Nobel prizes Saudi Arabia:0

Nobel prizes Israel: 6

Source: [url]http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/country-birth-map/map.php[/url]

Thanks for playing.

I don't know man. The one country in the middle east that's a democracy, rule of law, emancipation of women and the only place that has gay pride marches. Compared to the rest guess which the progressive western left hates the most?

Progressive left hates Israel and likes the other countries more? News to me.

Cool. The accusation, however, was that claiming that Arabs as a whole were neither hardworking nor decent is a pretty racist thing to say.

EDIT: I've been ninja'd and I see you've clarified your position to something more reasonable, so disregard this.  

Disregarding the decency or otherwise of Israeli people (as I imagine it varies just as much as in any nation), the nation of Israel is certainly not a decent one. They habitually react to provocation with overwhelming force and hundreds of civilian casualties and have been occupying a foreign territory for decades.  

Nor is its status as a reasonably developed nation based purely off the grit and determination of its people, given that Israel wouldn't even exist were it not for the concerted political and outright geopolitical meddling of Western nations post-WW2. Since then it's had the unwavering support of the most powerful nation on Earth - economic, diplomatic, and military.

I think it's status is guaranteed by it's decent sized nuclear arsenal and it's very effective military supported by an advanced industrial economy, something that no other country in the area comes near. Anyway I'll leave it at that this is derailing. Back to Trump.

Progressive left hates Israel and likes the other countries more? News to me.

Hayyoth is full of opinions about what "the left" thinks, especially Marxists and deep green environmentalists (whatever he means by that) but he never actually backs up or elaborates.

You talk about the 'left' a lot with both a block-think generalization, and as though you have your finger on the how's and why's of their collective thoughts. Do you ever doubt the validity of either of these posits?

Who are the left, and how do they hate? Would objecting to near-universal un veto of otherwise widely condemned actions on Israel's behalf as an example of US active bias even necessarily be about Israel, for example, let alone based on hatred? Explain the left's thinking to me on this as though I were an idiot who just assumed varied reasons for varied people on varied issues.

If the left hates Israel, and the left comprises a big chunk of the U.S., how has Israel survived the eddies of political power, Stateside?

Your menu list of redeeming issues on Israel's behalf is pretty selective. Can you be a democracy when you decide the democratic is not applicable in those parts of your territory where you would lose plurality? Just as one for instance.

But, more...criticism of Israel or US support of Israel being equated to hatred is the kind be of thinking I might expect from someone who homogenizes opposing views into blocks, a la Arabs or The Left.

Archived