A+J=T v.7

UnmaskedLurker

Well if (or more accurately when) the show confirms RLJ next season the speculation could migrate to here (unless people refuse to watch the show and keep speculating anyway... or just speculate how it will be written). Although the show could confirm AJT next season too, and it would be fun if that happened in an earlier episode...

I could care less about the show. I watch it because my wife watches it. But it has become a different story. It's akin to the difference between The Walking Dead comics and the show. Two different stories.

^^Totes agree the show is so different, but I like it.  And I got to see my three favorite scenes from the book played out almost verbatim on the show. Dany hatching the dragons, tricking Kraznyz with Drogon and dracarys while taking Astapor, and flying away on Drogon from Draznak's.  HBO is cool with me, and they obviously found Dany's pivotal moments as important as I did :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:  :drool:

I could care less about the show. I watch it because my wife watches it. But it has become a different story. It's akin to the difference between The Walking Dead comics and the show. Two different stories.

But D&D have said that they are telling the same story -- just in a different way -- and the endings in terms of the outcome for each main character basically will be the same. So if A+J=T in the HBO show, it can only be because D&D know that A+J=T in the books. And if A+J=T in the books, then this plot point is critical to the endgame, given the three heads of the dragon issue, and thus it is highly likely A+J=T on the HBO show. So while they have significant differences, and we cannot be sure that something revealed on one will happen in the other, in this case, the likelihood of the same outcome in both seems quite high.

^^ Yeah I mean......If WoW does not come out before season 6, this forum is fucked :(

But if AJT happens in season 6 I am 100% certain it will happen in WoW.

Whatever, still hoping for the release between now and March 2016, please Old Gods, hear us, let it be published soon........

But D&D have said that they are telling the same story -- just in a different way -- and the endings in terms of the outcome for each main character basically will be the same. So if A+J=T in the HBO show, it can only be because D&D know that A+J=T in the books. And if A+J=T in the books, then this plot point is critical to the endgame, given the three heads of the dragon issue, and thus it is highly likely A+J=T on the HBO show. So while they have significant differences, and we cannot be sure that something revealed on one will happen in the other, in this case, the likelihood of the same outcome in both seems quite high.

So, Stannis will lose at Winterfell and be killed there?

So, Stannis will lose at Winterfell and be killed there?

Not necessarily. Precisely how Stannis dies is not critical to the endgame. But assuming that Stannis really is dead on the show (and it was not a "fake-out" as we never saw the blade cut his neck), then I think it is safe to assume that Stannis is not going to be part of the endgame and will die some time during WoW. He may die in a somewhat different way, but he will die.

Many plot points have been and will be changed. Obviously, Sansa is on a somewhat different course. But how the three heads of the dragon (and the other characters -- like Bran) are able to beat the Others, and which characters survive to the end and which do not, and what the ultimate fates of the surviving characters happen to be -- those issues, we have been told, will essentially be the same.

Not necessarily. Precisely how Stannis dies is not critical to the endgame. But assuming that Stannis really is dead on the show (and it was not a "fake-out" as we never saw the blade cut his neck), then I think it is safe to assume that Stannis is not going to be part of the endgame and will die some time during WoW. He may die in a somewhat different way, but he will die.

Many plot points have been and will be changed. Obviously, Sansa is on a somewhat different course. But how the three heads of the dragon (and the other characters -- like Bran) are able to beat the Others, and which characters survive to the end and which do not, and what the ultimate fates of the surviving characters happen to be -- those issues, we have been told, will essentially be the same.

I agree. I think they simply killed off Stannis to speed up his story and write him off of next season to cut down the number of stories that are running currently.

I agree. I think they simply killed off Stannis to speed up his story and write him off of next season to cut down the number of stories that are running currently.

And save a bit of money with a top actor... Just like Mance Rayder?

I just think the line between what's necessary to keep the same in order to preserve the integrity of the story is subjective. For example if we see Tyrion ride a dragon in the show, he might be taking the place of Brown Ben in the books.

I just think the line between what's necessary to keep the same in order to preserve the integrity of the story is subjective. For example if we see Tyrion ride a dragon in the show, he might be taking the place of Brown Ben in the books.

Sure. And when Jon rides a dragon, he will be taking Aegon's place...

Sure. And when Jon rides a dragon, he will be taking Aegon's place...

Well, I doubt that. But i could see Jaime taking his place. Assuming that Act II of ASOIAF culminates in the battle between Aegon and Daenerys, the Second Dance of the Dragons, after the Dragons have eliminated the other claimants, ie, Euron, Stannis, and Tommen, whose plump little bottom is already perched atop the Iron Throne, in the show Daenerys mererly has to wipe his bottom off it. Stannis has been killed and Euron, like Aegon doesn't really exist. The only claimant for Daenerys to fight in the show is Tommen. Now if the show's condenced version of The Dance with Dragons involves a fight between the dragons, who's going to be riding the bad dragon(s)? Tommen? Tyrion? Jaime? Loras?

Well, I doubt that. But i could see Jaime taking his place. Assuming that Act II of ASOIAF culminates in the battle between Aegon and Daenerys, the Second Dance of the Dragons, after the Dragons have eliminated the other claimants, ie, Euron, Stannis, and Tommen, whose plump little bottom is already perched atop the Iron Throne, in the show Daenerys mererly has to wipe his bottom off it. Stannis has been killed and Euron, like Aegon doesn't really exist. The only claimant for Daenerys to fight in the show is Tommen. Now if the show's condenced version of The Dance with Dragons involves a fight between the dragons, who's going to be riding the bad dragon(s)? Tommen? Tyrion? Jaime? Loras?

I think you might have missed my irony comparing the RLJists with the AJTists. Never mind, keep living in denial. And as you unbelievers often use Occam razor's to make a point, I will just say this: no Aegon on the TV show probably means no DoD 2.0 in the TV show following this very principle.

EDIT:  :ninja: ed by SS! (again  :) )

I think you might have missed my irony comparing the RLJists with the AJTists. Never mind, keep living in denial. And as you unbelievers often use Occam razor's to make a point, I will just say this: no Aegon on the TV show probably means no DoD 2.0 in the TV show following this very principle.

EDIT:  :ninja: ed by SS! (again  :) )

Why are you so sure I don't believe AJT?

So HBO is gonna pass on the dragons fighting each other?

Well, GRRM was talking about making the last book into 2 movies, and his reasoning was that the HBO budget would never be enough, he said "ya know those dragons, they get pretty big".  And now it seems there will be no movies, it will finish off on HBO.  Think about it, they dont have LOTR's or Harry potter budget, there is no Warner Brothers to back them. So no, I dont think there will be aerial dragon battles.

edit: they would literally have to have 200 mil per episode

Well, GRRM was talking about making the last book into 2 movies, and his reasoning was that the HBO budget would never be enough, he said "ya know those dragons, they get pretty big".  And now it seems there will be no movies, it will finish off on HBO.  Think about it, they dont have LOTR's or Harry potter budget, there is no Warner Brothers to back them. So no, I dont think there will be aerial dragon battles.

edit: they would literally have to have 200 mil per episode

It wouldn't have to be a huge sequence, and it couldn't cost more than the Hardhome battle.

Well, now I am not sure any more  <_< , but admit that your stating that Tyrion riding a dragon in the TV show would not prove anything is somewhat countering our views?

Maybe your view, and surely O Susannah's, but I don't think you should rely on anything from the show as evidence for what will happen in the books.

BTW, I am not sold on AJT, but I do appreciate the theory, and I am quite sure that the George wants us asking whether A+J=T.

Archived