Season 6 - what we know (MAJOR SPOILERS)

JonSnowed

Looks like the White Walkers will attack the wall this season, and you have to assume that it will fall - most likely in episode 10 after Jon wins a victory at Snowbowl.

Why do you call it Snowbowl, and why do you assume"Jon" wins a victory? A few too many assumptions, though I agree the Wall falls at some point.

As for the Northern battle, there is no reason at this point to assume that Jon leads it. He is a participant, but this is likely not a battle in his name. The Vale is a wild card, and Jon may well be fighting on behalf of Sansa, or Rickon, as one of several.

Why do you call it Snowbowl, and why do you assume"Jon" wins a victory? A few too many assumptions, though I agree the Wall falls at some point.

As for the Northern battle, there is no reason at this point to assume that Jon leads it. He is a participant, but this is likely not a battle in his name. The Vale is a wild card, and Jon may well be fighting on behalf of Sansa, or Rickon, as one of several.

I assume by Snowbowl he means the Battle of The Snows - Jon Snow vs Ramsay (Snow) Bolton.  similar to Cleganebowl - theoretical battle of Sandor The Hound Clegane, who may have been saved by the priest and religious folk after being left by Arya and is now a quite, spiritual man in service and faith to the 7 religion.  He would be The 7s champion in a Trial by Combat for Cerseis' charges by The Faith Militant, and her champion would be Ser Robert Strong aka dead, re-animated Gregor Glegane aka The Mountain whom Qyburn has razed from the manticore venom into a zombie Queen-loving Kingsguard mute.  Cleganebowl!

More precisely in your question, Snowbowl!

Battle of Six Armies is how crew call it, some extras call it Battle of Bastards or people translate it to Snowbowl as is Cleganebowl thanks to duel between Jon and Ramsay. Kind of symbolic name fo rit. As for who is going to win? No way Bolton is going to win it, but LF might stole the victory for himself with The Vale. But I would call it victory for Starks, but it will be short lived thanks to WW.

Battle of Six Armies is how crew call it, some extras call it Battle of Bastards or people translate it to Snowbowl as is Cleganebowl thanks to duel between Jon and Ramsay. Kind of symbolic name fo rit. As for who is going to win? No way Bolton is going to win it, but LF might stole the victory for himself with The Vale. But I would call it victory for Starks, but it will be short lived thanks to WW.

One possibility of course is that Ramsay does win, somewhat but that some of the Starks get away. Then Ramsay is defeated by the WW invasion while the escaped Starks somehow stay safe.

I don't think it will play out like this at all:

She is not one of their prisoners of war: they captured her as the widow of a Khal. They will chain her and beat her, but not rape her.

Then when they have their council meeting at Vaes Dothrak, Drogon show up when she is threatenned, and burns down the temple with all the khals inside. 

Having defeated all the khals, she becomes leader.

It was a name used on some of the sites reporting it along with the battle of the bastards.  Agree Jon winning is an assumption but I would be truly amazed if Ramsay is not defeated and done for.

I'm sure I've also seen stuff alluding to Jon leading the armies - we at least now no he is no longer Lord Commander of the Nights watch and it seems he's recognised as a Stark - given his armour.

Update: Watchers on the Wall have leaked there will be a new commander of the Nights Watch next season and it's a character who's been around for "several seasons". Surely this must mean Thorne or at a push Edd.  Either way I don't believe the Nights Watch is going to last past this season.

Update: Watchers on the Wall have leaked there will be a new commander of the Nights Watch next season and it's a character who's been around for "several seasons". Surely this must mean Thorne or at a push Edd.  Either way I don't believe the Nights Watch is going to last past this season.

Unless the wildlings take over the Watch when they find out about Jon's murder, and Tormund is the new LC! That would be interesting.

My money's on Thorne. He's going to be made LC, and then the Wall comes down and he'll realize he failed his duty and then he gets killed by a White Walker. And people will be sad.

I doubt the wildlings will take over the watch, they'll want to either go south or follow Jon when he wakes up again.

My money's on Thorne. He's going to be made LC, and then the Wall comes down and he'll realize he failed his duty and then he gets killed by a White Walker. And people will be sad.

I doubt the wildlings will take over the watch, they'll want to either go south or follow Jon when he wakes up again.

I doubt it too. But if they did it would be an interesting inversion that would dramatically transform the Watch.

More likely they become Jon's roving army and fight with him at Winterfell. Their right to settle in the Gift as Jon promised depends on Jon and the Starks since neither Ramsay nor Thorne would allow it.

That's only if Jon is actually resurrected in the same manner as Beric...and we don't know if that's even going to happen. 

True. I'm just saying that, based on the rules laid out by GRRM, it wouldn't be far fetched if Jon doesn't change all that much. I don't think he's going to wake up a full fledge villain.

One possibility of course is that Ramsay does win, somewhat but that some of the Starks get away. Then Ramsay is defeated by the WW invasion while the escaped Starks somehow stay safe.

It's about a time for some Starks win, but it will be short lived thanks to WW invasion. Ramsay might escape or Roose to live another day, but winning the battle? No or at least unlikely.

Basically Northerners will one another and then make it so much easier for their biggest enemy to sweep them. Which brings me to that rumoured scene between Jon, Ramsay, Sansa and LF. If it is before the battle... Jon might realize even with their differences that Boltons will be needed against WW and actually allowing them to surrender and fight with them. After all they need everyone to fight WW.

As for LC. Easily Thorne. It would be funny to see where and how will be Jon revived. Will he deal with Thorne and mutineers or screw them and let's prepare for the war, because WW will find a way to breach it. I just can't see Jon letting NW in the hands of Thorne and co. But it would be sweet if White Walkers killed them and Thorne realized that Jon was right all along.

It's about a time for some Starks win, but it will be short lived thanks to WW invasion. Ramsay might escape or Roose to live another day, but winning the battle? No or at least unlikely.

Basically Northerners will one another and then make it so much easier for their biggest enemy to sweep them. Which brings me to that rumoured scene between Jon, Ramsay, Sansa and LF. If it is before the battle... Jon might realize even with their differences that Boltons will be needed against WW and actually allowing them to surrender and fight with them. After all they need everyone to fight WW.

As for LC. Easily Thorne. It would be funny to see where and how will be Jon revived. Will he deal with Thorne and mutineers or screw them and let's prepare for the war, because WW will find a way to breach it. I just can't see Jon letting NW in the hands of Thorne and co. But it would be sweet if White Walkers killed them and Thorne realized that Jon was right all along.

I see in my mind Thorne being the LC when the White Walkers come knocking, the watch prepares for a final stand and the Wall just... falls. And everyone goes "... shit." with a bunch of people getting crushed by ice and snow. And Thorne is in the middle, looking dead inside when the realization comes. Standing in front of the Night's King like a badass and looking him in the eyes is optional. I don't know why, I get the feeling that people will/should feel bad for Thorne when he dies.

As for Jon leaving the watch, I get the hilarious scene of him just going "No. Fuck you guys. I'm done with this shit.I died. I'm released. Now let's go kill some Boltons!"

Part of me suspects Ramsay will escape, go to the Wall (where the remaining Watch has no interest in the Starks and wildlings winning) and become the one that repeats history by aligning with the WW.

Maybe Ramsay is even the new LC of the Watch. Could happen if he is sent to the Wall after losing the battle. Then he would decide to align with the WW because it is his only way of defeating the Starks.

Ramsay as lord commander is not happening, we know he's in the battle in episode 9 and I cannot for one minute believe he would take the oath seriously, even with twenty good men.    It has to be either Thorne or Edd if the wall is falling there simply isn't enough time to send someone else there, win an election and then die - besides it doesn't really move the plot forward.

Now if Edd or Thorne win the election - who would be the POV in the book or would we hear third hand what happens at the wall?

Ramsay as lord commander is not happening, we know he's in the battle in episode 9 and I cannot for one minute believe he would take the oath seriously, even with twenty good men.    It has to be either Thorne or Edd if the wall is falling there simply isn't enough time to send someone else there, win an election and then die - besides it doesn't really move the plot forward.

Now if Edd or Thorne win the election - who would be the POV in the book or would we hear third hand what happens at the wall?

when did we learn that battle was episode 9? Is that confirmed?

And no, of course he would not take the oath seriously. I specifically said he allied with the WW.

Nor would Ramsay stand for election in this scenario for that matter: he would simply TAKE the position because he scares the remaining Watch shitless.

Frankly, no matter who becomes the new LC of the Watch, it is highly improbable there will be an election or if there is, that the show would waste time showing it. It is not important who the LC is if it is anyone from the existing Watch.

I see in my mind Thorne being the LC when the White Walkers come knocking, the watch prepares for a final stand and the Wall just... falls. And everyone goes "... shit." with a bunch of people getting crushed by ice and snow. And Thorne is in the middle, looking dead inside when the realization comes. Standing in front of the Night's King like a badass and looking him in the eyes is optional. I don't know why, I get the feeling that people will/should feel bad for Thorne when he dies.

As for Jon leaving the watch, I get the hilarious scene of him just going "No. Fuck you guys. I'm done with this shit.I died. I'm released. Now let's go kill some Boltons!"

That would be sweet and poetic justice. Better than Jon¨s vengeance, but he will do some dark shit in the remaining books/season of the show.

As for Jon leaving watch. He will be like: http://i.imgur.com/gsxs5PS.gif

when did we learn that battle was episode 9? Is that confirmed?

And no, of course he would not take the oath seriously. I specifically said he allied with the WW.

Nor would Ramsay stand for election in this scenario for that matter: he would simply TAKE the position because he scares the remaining Watch shitless.

Frankly, no matter who becomes the new LC of the Watch, it is highly improbable there will be an election or if there is, that the show would waste time showing it. It is not important who the LC is if it is anyone from the existing Watch.

Sapochnik director of this battle is responsible for ep. 9 and 10. Usually big battles are in ep. 9. Battle of Blackwater Bay, Battle of Castle Black, Daznak's. Hardhome was in ep.8 that was mroe of a massacre, never ep. 10 that deals with the aftermath of those battles and all the storylines.

I don't think WW wants anyone as an ally. They want them dead everyone. One time LF as some sort of agent of WW was a theory here.

That would be sweet and poetic justice. Better than Jon¨s vengeance, but he will do some dark shit in the remaining books/season of the show.

As for Jon leaving watch. He will be like: http://i.imgur.com/gsxs5PS.gif

Sapochnik director of this battle is responsible for ep. 9 and 10. Usually big battles are in ep. 9. Battle of Blackwater Bay, Battle of Castle Black, Daznak's. Hardhome was in ep.8 that was mroe of a massacre, never ep. 10 that deals with the aftermath of those battles and all the storylines.

I don't think WW wants anyone as an ally. They want them dead everyone. One time LF as some sort of agent of WW was a theory here.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Night's_King

The historical myth is that the Night's King was a Lord Commander who declared himself King. He married a woman who sounds rather like a female WW (even though we haven't seen any). Thus making an alliance. So, historically there is evidence they do want allies, if only to get through the Wall.

The speculation I posted is derived from that, and from considering where, if Ramsay did escape, he could conceivably go at this point. Answer: The Wall, because the Watch that mutinied against Jon needs Ramsay to win as much as Ramsay needs allies.

True. I'm just saying that, based on the rules laid out by GRRM, it wouldn't be far fetched if Jon doesn't change all that much. I don't think he's going to wake up a full fledge villain.

I agree.  It makes no sense story-wise or character-wise for Jon to come back as a villain in a story full of villains.  

Archived