Characters you like (but know you shouldn't)

TimJames

About all characters have a dark or grey spot somewhere. But anyway, among those that are quite dark.

Littlefinger: smart guy, beating the odds of his lesser birth
Varys: the schemer with the grandest plan
Cersei: Not a good person, but fun to read
Joffrey: Like his mother
Qyburn: No morale, but an improvement for the scientific knowledge
Walder Frey: Funny guy to read too

I like Jaime. He did not only nice things. But I don't feel the need to put him in my list of bad guys.

I like Qyburn. I think he has the potential to be a really interesting character and I would love to see some POV chapters of his, he could provide a great commentary to what is happening in KL/Red Keep. I would love GRRM to explore him a bit more and allow us to see his history, motivations and, without turning into 'Hostel,' his methods.

Roose Bolton: The quietness and the dead eyes makes him interesting. And is very calculated and clever, he might not be in the best position right now, but he has played the game well. 

Victarion Greyjoy: I find the Ironborn really hard to like, but I love Vic. He does have some morals, and he seems to try and do "right" according to those morals. And I never read him as stupid, maybe not the smartest guy ever, but I was surprised to see how many people think he is completely brain dead. Why would he know know about the Dokhraki Sea? I sail for a living, and even when I am on navigational watch, I couldn't alway tell you what country we are sailing by. You just care about the shoreline, depth, lighthouses and so on, not about what is going on inland.

Sandor Clegane: I really disliked him to start with, being Joffrey's lapdog and liking the butcher's son. But the way he treated Sansa and later Arya has really made me like him. I hope he comes out of retirement and gets to see his little bird again.

Randyll Tarly: He is not the greatest father in Westeros, and Duskendale makes me sad to even think about. But I still like Tarly, he seems a very competent and loyal Lord. And the Riverlands have been brutalised worse than any other region during the war, any I think it really needs someone like Tarly to bring peace and justice back.

Archived