Characters you like (but know you shouldn't)

TimJames

Yes sorry, Dany had the winesellers daughters raped in Meereen, its a little detail people like to forget.

Rape was a probability. You seem so sure that they were raped when there was zero evidence suggesting it. "Questioning sharply" could mean so many things as Nevets had pointed out. How could that equal sanctioning rape?

Eh, Victorian is just a brutal idiot with the completely undeveloped sense of justice of a 3 year old, but, unlike most toddlers, zero empathy. He pretty much worries if something will get him in trouble with a god or not and what he is supposed to do. Of course other people are always such meanies in his mind. I don't think pure stupidity is much of a redeeming quality, or Cersei should get that excuse as well.

I love Varys and totally think I should. Everyone should love Arya.

I'm also rooting for Sandor and Tyrion and think I should.

Only character I feel I should like less is Jamie. That ass pushed Bran and I hated him so much, but it's so hard not to be kinda over it. I guess he has an redemptive arc and maybe should be forgiven, but I'm feeling a little uncomfortable about it.

Agree with you. It would make me feel less uncomfortable to like him if Bran forgives him. The two began the story in a way, and Bran is still having nightmares about it, so I'd like to see what an encounter with Jaime would bring to either of them at the end of the story.

Arya Stark.

I wouldn't consider Dany "a character that you shouldn't like". I also condemn the crucifixion of the slavers, but she thought that it was justice. She was 14 and made a bad decision, but in general she's quite gentle in her actions.

Arya isn't a character you shouldn't like.;)

For me it would be Jaime & Tyrion. They have moral handicaps but are very entertaining characters.

• 4 months later...

How come nobody mentions Joffrey the Psycho, first of this name?? No, don't look at me, neither will I. But if people can like Quiburn or Gregor Clegane, or Littlefinger and Theon, or Ramsey Bolton?!?!?!?!...why not poor Joff?

while I agree with the overal sentiment, why did Theon, again, end up between the list of psychopaths... ?

and to answer the thread: I don't think there's any character anyone should or shouldn't like. they're fictional characters... I like Ramsay and Cersei, there's no way I'm going to feel guilty about they, I just happen to enjoy messed up characters...

If there is someone I like no one can tell me I shouldn't, and if I think I like someone I shouldn't I stop liking them, self-control rules.

And liking someone doesn't mean you find them moral or justify their actions, hate the sin not the sinner and all that.

Now list of people someone can think I shouldn't like but I do (and think I should like them because they are awesome)

Aerion Brightflame - member of dynasty of godlike kings who acts accordingly, brave, handsome, charismatic and with one of the most vivid and interesting life stories in the lore.

Littlefinger - Smart self-made man, funny as hell, like Tyrion but less annoying, I like Tyrion but he can be pain in the ass with his poor dwarf me attitude.

Roose - Awesome, I like his absolute self-control and his dedication to his hobby of manipulating people. I hate Walder Frey for Red Wedding but not Roose, he didn't kill his guests by deceit, he just payed back his king for his failure as a ruler.  

Euron - Guy is psychopathic Jack Sparrow with messiah complex or calculation mastermind with a mask of psychopathic Jack Sparrow with messiah complex, and in any case he is interesting as hell, one of the most intriguing characters in the series and character with best awesomeness per word ratio.

Xaro - decadent sophist at it's best, his endless soliloquies contain nice amount of wisdom.

And about people thinking you shouldn't like Arya, Jaime, Tyrion and Stannis, well I don't even want to imagine that kind of people exist.

Roose Bolton. Reminds me a bit of bram stokers Dracula, and Ramsey too but I'm not a big fan of the rams.

I also like victarion. "I fly to you on songs of wind, daenarys" or something like that. Who would have thought a brute like him would have the heart of a poet. I wish I could be more like victarion in that regard.

Also, the others. They remind me more of bram stokersdracula, more so than roose and rams. 

Archived