opinions on the sand snakes

INCBlackbird

Whomever mentioned Tarantino hit the nail on the head, they're like Tarantino heroines who were somehow airlifted into Westeros, except we're missing an actual ninja girl.  I was very sad to find out GRRM  has 'big plans' for them.  Ugh.

Perhaps they'll get better?  :cool4:

As far as I remember, alleras was a boy shooting apples. How and when did he turn into Sarella the Sand snake and became so popular??

Sarella has infiltrated the Citadel since she is a girl she has to pretend that she is a boy since the Maesters don't allow girls.  Alleras is Sarella backwords.  Sarella is the most likely since we know little about her and isn't obsessed with revenge for Oberyn.

I kinda figured it out, thanks, but where's it in the text? I re-read the chapter but still couldn't find any hints for that. And thanks for answering :)

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Alleras/Theories

"Unless she returns to Dorne, there's naught I can do about Sarella save pray that she shows more sense than her sisters. Leave her to her . . . game. Gather up the others. I shall not sleep until I know that they are safe and under guard."

Nym laughed. "Yes, she wants to set the torch to Oldtown. She hates that city as much as our little sister loves it."  

Sarella loves Oldtown and is playing a game outside of Dorne.

Obara - Not a big fan of her, I find her very ghetto and quick to judgement.

Tyene - Is my favorite, she's polite and sweet on the outside, but smart and deadly is what she really is. I also like her methods of killing, being fake, using poison and herbs, while the rest of her sisters focus on weapons. Mysterious is the correct word, you won't be able to tell if she's genuine with her intent.

Nymeria - Is described to be beautiful, but as deadly as Obara. She reminds me of Tyene and her skills are of an assassin.

Sallaria - The sphinx is very interesting and seems to be involved in something much bigger. She's also a master of disguise as Sam thinks she's a man.

I remember when I was still reading the books (it took me so long to get through them) I heard about the sand snakes here and there and was actually realy excited about meeting them but when I got to a feast for crows I was really dissapointed even now I barely know their separate names because they just feel like a hivemind of "I want revenge" to me. I feel like they're one dimensional characters but then again I haven't really spend a lot of time trying to change that so I was wondering if there's people out there who really love the sand snakes and can give their opinions on why and change my mind about them?

:agree:  Also, I'm not a big fan of the Dorne storyline anyway so that could be it too.

Archived